Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees

Go down 
+71
Required Fields
muckie
assault_attack
MoonChild
the sentinel
Vexer6
Glower
Sword Of The Heretic
stormspell
Metal Misfit
iamrockerfun
bassman
MetallicSeminarian
bass63
ElectricEye93
Short-Fuse
Thelemech
journeyman
QuothTheRaven
Tur-Thalion
corplhicks
akeldama
Boris2008
Hadley
SpectreFate
Shawn Of Fire
chewie
nevermore
messiaen77
Orion Crystal Ice
ZombieHavoc
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
jstate
Red Kitty
Grimmo
stpatrik
Wurthless
exact33
Sutekh
ShadowAngel
Dark Horseman
The_Jayroh
James B.
MetalFRO
snooloui
Temple of Blood
JBall_Z
sheets
spiritoradio
Leatherface
mr.electric39
rattpoison
Addy
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Schbopo
mc666
Svengo
Fat Freddy
kmorg
Mglaffas81
scottmitchell74
manny
DeathCult
T-Roy
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Dave the Boss
thejokeriv
75 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 2:23 pm

Blackmore's feelings on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame noimation:

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is considering Deep Purple for induction into their 2013 class, but don't count on Ritchie Blackmore being there if the band is chosen as one of its inductees.

"Personally, I couldn't care less," the guitarist tells Gary Graff of Billboard. "I would never go. I'm not really a fan of that stuff. Considering some of the people that are in the Hall of Fame, I'm not sure if it's a good idea, so I don't care one way or the other, actually."

"I think our fans seem to care more than I do," he notes. "They're always saying, 'You should be in the Hall of Fame. You should be in this, you should be in that...' If I can pay the bills, that's all I care about."

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 2:55 pm

Laughing very hard

"Considering some of the people who are in the Hall of Fame.."

Yes, Ritchie... because every Ian Gillan lyric is comparable to Lord Byron.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:04 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Laughing very hard

"Considering some of the people who are in the Hall of Fame.."

Yes, Ritchie... because every Ian Gillan lyric is comparable to Lord Byron.

Actually they can be
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:38 pm

Quote :
"I would never go. I'm not really a fan of that stuff. Considering some of the people that are in the Hall of Fame, I'm not sure if it's a good idea, so I don't care one way or the other, actually."

Who does he think he is? Axl Rose?

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Quote :
"If I can pay the bills, that's all I care about."

Seriously!!!!! I can agree with that!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 6:08 pm

chewie wrote:
Quote :
"If I can pay the bills, that's all I care about."

Seriously!!!!! I can agree with that!!!!!!

I say that all the time when my manager asks me to come up with "goals" for the next year.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Joan Jett is up for nomination too
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 2:58 pm

RUSH and HEART will both be inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame this year.

The other inductees are Randy Newman, Public Enemy, Donna Summer, Albert King, Lou Adler and Quincy Jones.

Better luck next time for Deep Purple.

When Geddy Lee was asked about Deep Purple not being inducted he said “I am disappointed. Heart and Rush wold not sound the way we sound without Purple.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:08 pm

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deep Purple snubbed again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They along with Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath helped create an entire genre of music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy F**** are these son of ******* tone deaf!!!!!! Unaware of rock history!!!!!!!!

How about Smoke on the ******* Water!!!!! The first riff everybody learns to play!!!!!

Ritchie Blackmore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian Gillan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Ok I am done with my rant)
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:14 pm

manny wrote:
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deep Purple snubbed again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They along with Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath helped create an entire genre of music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy F**** are these son of ******* tone deaf!!!!!! Unaware of rock history!!!!!!!!

How about Smoke on the ******* Water!!!!! The first riff everybody learns to play!!!!!

Eddie?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:17 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Eddie?

Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:29 pm

manny wrote:
They along with Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath helped create an entire genre of music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A genre of music that is still widely dismissed outside of the core audience that listens to it. Not saying that's right, just that's the way it is.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:39 pm

S.D. wrote:
RUSH and HEART will both be inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame this year.

The other inductees are Randy Newman, Public Enemy, Donna Summer, Albert King, Lou Adler and Quincy Jones.

Better luck next time for Deep Purple.

When Geddy Lee was asked about Deep Purple not being inducted he said “I am disappointed. Heart and Rush wold not sound the way we sound without Purple.

Well at least rocker Donna Summer and Public Enemy made it finally! I mean, how were they not already inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
\'arry \'eadbanger

Last edited by ultmetal on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:42 pm

S.D. wrote:
manny wrote:
They along with Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath helped create an entire genre of music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A genre of music that is still widely dismissed outside of the core audience that listens to it. Not saying that's right, just that's the way it is.

This is true...

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:45 pm

Personally, I don't WANT bands like Black Sabbath, Rush, Deep Purple, KISS, etc to be inducted. WHY would I want anyone to think that Rush is "just as good" as Donna Summer? I don't want these bands mentioned in the same breath as many of the HOF's residents.

Fighting to get them inducted, fighting to put them ON the same "level" as Madonna, Public Enemy, Donna Summer, etc is an insult to how great these bands are, IMO.

Great music doesn't need trophies.

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:47 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Well at least rocker Donna Summer and Public Enemy made it finally! I mean, how were they not already inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
\'arry \'eadbanger

This whole "anti-Disco/anti-Rap/anti-R&B" argument is getting really tired. Pop & Rock are intrinsically linked in the mind of general public and that is never going to change.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:51 pm

S.D. wrote:

This whole "anti-Disco/anti-Rap/anti-R&B" argument is getting really tired. Pop & Rock are intrinsically linked in the mind of general public and that is never going to change.

And they are diametrically opposed to each other in the minds of Rock/Hard Rock fans...that, too, is never going to change.

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:52 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Personally, I don't WANT bands like Black Sabbath, Rush, Deep Purple, KISS, etc to be inducted. WHY would I want anyone to think that Rush is "just as good" as Donna Summer? I don't want these bands mentioned in the same breath as many of the HOF's residents.

Fighting to get them inducted, fighting to put them ON the same "level" as Madonna, Public Enemy, Donna Summer, etc is an insult to how great these bands are, IMO.

I don't understand how having Rush and Donna Summer share the same award is somehow an "insult" to Rush. Please.

The hall inducts artists from a wide cross-section of "Popular Music", I see nothing wrong with that. Does a filmmaker not want to win an Academy Award because he doesn't like some of the movies that have won over the years? No.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:57 pm

S.D. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I don't understand how having Rush and Donna Summer share the same award is somehow an "insult" to Rush. Please.

The hall inducts artists from a wide cross-section of "Popular Music", I see nothing wrong with that. Does a filmmaker not want to win an Academy Award because he doesn't like some of the movies that have won over the years? No.

Blah Blah, Yadda Yadda...personal perspective.

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 4:04 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
S.D. wrote:

And they are diametrically opposed to each other in the minds of Rock/Hard Rock fans...that, too, is never going to change.

Further helping to underscore the open-mindedness that hard rock fans are universally known for. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Quote :
Further helping to underscore the open-mindedness that hard rock fans are universally known for.

Must be having a bad day. You're being especially dick-y today.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 4:15 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
manny wrote:

Eddie?

I can't believe you would compare me to that ass kissing blow hard, for one I am alot cooler, for two I have better hair and three Deep Purple rules
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 4:19 pm

S.D. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Further helping to underscore the open-mindedness that hard rock fans are universally known for. Laughing very hard

Ha ha. Hee hee. Ho ho. Look at the silly little Rock Fans whining and crying. I'm so glad I'm a Jazz fan and above such silliness.

Why is it "closed minded" to think that Rush is better than Donna Summer? Why is it "closed minded" to think that Deep Purple is better than Guns N Roses? Those are just questions of taste.

But, even you have to admit it's a little weird that Donna Summer gets into the RRHOF before Deep Purple? Or Kiss? Hell, for that matter, how did Metallica and GnR get in before these two bands? The whole thing is just another case, like any other award, of giving trophies to popular people for being popular...nothing more, nothing less.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 4:34 pm

At the end of the day, legacy of Deep Purple is safe, they don't need the R n R Hall of Fame, and for that matter neither do any of the artist nominated, but even if you hate Deep Purple, you have to admit that there influence in music is greater then G n R!!!!!!

I have no problem with Donna Summer but I do have a problem that these tools waited til she was dead to nominate her, let alone induct her!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 4:38 pm

I have no problem, ultimately, with Donna Summer either...she was very talented.

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees
Page 7 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next