Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thrash that doesn't suck?

Go down 
+12
AchrisK
mc666
ghost
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
ultmetal
sovdat
fingers
Smindas
TheGooch
Jedilink
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Thrash that doesn't suck? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thrash that doesn't suck?   Thrash that doesn't suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 7:46 am

Jedilink wrote:

I understand some people like Slayer and some would probably literally kill me (like seriously) for dissing anything about them but I don't like the whole "Slaytanic" image they've got going on.
well, you are not alone at this forum. there are others who share your point of view on Slayer. everyone has their personal preference & opinion. it's all gravy.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Thrash that doesn't suck?   Thrash that doesn't suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 7:58 am

Jedilink-the ironic thing about Slayer is that Tom Araya is a professed christian.
Back to top Go down
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Thrash that doesn't suck?   Thrash that doesn't suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 2:23 am

REALLY!?!?!?!?!? HAHA! Wow, that's....really odd. So is he just still going through his whole phase of dissing God and eventually coming BACK to God like a lot of people do? Wow, tha'd be something. Razz Haha.

I don't know, I just hate hearing people talk about how much they hate God when I'm listening to music. I don't want the music to CONSTANTLY be all happy and rosy or something but dude....stop with the whole God-hating thing. It's old man. Get over it. I don't hear bands talking about how much they HATE Buddha, Allah, Meccha and all other types of Gods and stuff. Seriously...I mean it's not cool and you don't seem like you're super smart because you hate God. You seem like you're just as bad as people who claim to be Christian but yet like to tell non-Christians how evil they are for not being just like them.

I'm a Christian and all and I am REALLY good at hearing other people's opinions on any and all matters. If someone has a different opinion from me, I listen to them and don't judge them for it. I've talked to people who don't believe in God or even hate God. Well that's them and I don't hate them for it. I just don't want to hear loads of crap about how God hates me...God doesn't hate me.

Anyways, I just like thrash metal and all and I don't want a bunch of crap in it. I've heard some of Testament because of you guys...cool stuff. I already heard some of Hirax, and they're kinda cool. I'll try some more of this stuff and find out what I like. Thanks a bunchkins! ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Thrash that doesn't suck?   Thrash that doesn't suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 3:59 am

No. He was, is, and probably will be a Christian.

Do you also think that Angel of Death is a nazi song? With two Indians in the band?

Allah, Buddha ... --> "Allah, Buddha, Jesus Christ ... Whatever your
god may be ... " and so on, I'm sure you all know the song Smile
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Thrash that doesn't suck?   Thrash that doesn't suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 4:16 am

TOM ARAYA:

On possible issues between his Catholic faith and the band's subject matter:
"Kerry's
written some really far-out smurf poo. If it's a good song, I'm not one
that's going to go, 'This sucks because it's contrary to my beliefs.'
To me it's more like, 'This is really good stuff. You're going to piss
people off with this.'

"People have these heavy
issues and ask, 'Isn't this a problem for you?' and no. I'm
well-rounded, I have a really strong belief system and these are just
words and they'll never interfere with what I believe and how I feel.

"People
are not in good shape to where they have to question their own belief
system because of a book or a story somebody wrote, or a SLAYER song.
"

KERRY KING:

How much of your personal philosophy directs SLAYER?

Kerry:
"I don't really have a life philosophy; my thing is just rebelling
against pretty much organized religion. That is my main thing, because
personally I think it's a crutch for people that are too weak to get
through life on their own. I'm the kind of guy that says if I don't see
it, then it doesn't work. And nobody can show me God."
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Thrash that doesn't suck?   Thrash that doesn't suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 5:13 am

Maybe you should check out their Seasons in the Abyss album then - I don't think there's any cursing or Christianity-hate on there.

EDIT: My reply was a bit late but that was directed at Jedilink.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Thrash that doesn't suck?   Thrash that doesn't suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 7:18 am

annihilator are an awesome thras band that often sek to raise awareness of psycholigal conditions through their songs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thrash that doesn't suck?   Thrash that doesn't suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thrash that doesn't suck?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: