Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why)

Go down 
+23
Mglaffas81
Conservationist
rattpoison
Addy
SAHB Healer
XYZ
Shiney
James B.
Lurideath
exact33
Lari
MetalGuy71
Schbopo
Metallic Blaze
krokus
SlaytanicPOWER
Troublezone
Hamer12
thejokeriv
manny
mc666
kmorg
Thrasher73
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why)   Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:03 pm

(In no particular order)
Kill 'em All
Ride The Lightning
Master of Puppets
...And Justice for All
Black Album

'Nuff Said
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why)   Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:05 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
(In no particular order)
Kill 'em All
Ride The Lightning
Master of Puppets
...And Justice for All
Black Album

'Nuff Said

Metallica sucks.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why)   Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:08 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
(In no particular order)
Kill 'em All
Ride The Lightning
Master of Puppets
...And Justice for All
Black Album

'Nuff Said

Metallica sucks.

Says the Primus fanboy.....
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why)   Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:14 am

In No Order:

Pagans Mind - Enigmatic Calling: I stumbled upon this band by accident and was blown away by the production and amazing guitar playing by Jorn Lofstad. The songwriting is memorable and comes first. Nils K Rue really shines here. Amazing talent and of course melody before noodling with this band.

Alter Bridge - Blackbird: Possibly the greatest hard rock cd to come out the last 10-15 years IMO. You have everything here, Melody, amazing vocals, amazing musicianship, and MArk Tremonti at his best.

Silverchair - Frogstomp: This is the cd that inspired me the most as a teenager to pick the guitar up. What these kids were doing at 15 blew me away and not one bad song here. This gets labeled grunge but to me it was metal.

Pro-Pain - Contents Under Pressure: I always have a soft spot for these guys. These guys get to the point and do it very well. On this album they tone the production up and have so extremely heavy and memorable songs.

Nevermore - Dead Heart in a Dead World: Was not a huge fan of these guys but when I heard Believe in Nothing and The Heart Collector my opinion changed. Nevermore writes hook after hook here and it also has tons of groove. Warrel shines throughout and this cd has some of the best lyrics ever written.

I could go on with my list forever. These are just off the top of my head..
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why)   Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:02 am

Quote :
Silverchair - Frogstomp: This is the cd that inspired me the most as a teenager to pick the guitar up. What these kids were doing at 15 blew me away and not one bad song here. This gets labeled grunge but to me it was metal.

The singer always said he was inflluenced by Pearl Jam.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why)   Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:30 am

There really is just one favorite album for me...

Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus

My all time favorite album. I first heard this record when I was about 12 and I was completely blown away. Everything is just so perfect about this album. Johan Langquist's vocal performance on this album is just awe inspiring, the rhythm section is tight as hell and the riffs are devastating. A masterpiece of titanic proportions. They're gonna play the original album with the original singer in Holland at the Roadburn Fest, so I'm extremely anxious to see them then.

The rest of the top 5 is always changing... although albums like Volume One, Psalm 9, The Spectre Within, Sad Wings Of Destiny, Creatures Of The Night and Alive! are all special to me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why)   Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:38 am

Geez, this is tough. If you asked me a week from now you might get 5 totally different albums. But for right now...

Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 51JT1D4MCPL._SL500_AA240_
Punk Rock perfection.

Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 41CR3B4Y98L._SL500_AA240_
The album that introduced me to "underground" metal as a wee lad.

Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 41MKBVGHGHL._SL500_AA240_

My favorite album by one of my all time favorite bands.

Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 51CteZErGML._SL500_AA240_

See comment for "Streets."

Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 51ZFVWQT7QL._SL500_AA240_

Best band of the 90s. Period.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why)   Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:59 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
(In no particular order)
Kill 'em All
Ride The Lightning
Master of Puppets
...And Justice for All
Black Album

'Nuff Said

Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 12633 Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 639837
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why)   Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:06 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
(In no particular order)
Kill 'em All
Ride The Lightning
Master of Puppets
...And Justice for All
Black Album

'Nuff Said

Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 12633 Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 639837

Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Fanboy-1-1999

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why)   Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
(In no particular order)
Kill 'em All
Ride The Lightning
Master of Puppets
...And Justice for All
Black Album

'Nuff Said

Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Fanboy-1-1999

He probably would be more at home on the Metallica message board... all things Metallica, all the time. Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why)   Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 1:37 pm

Seems impossible to pick five, but here`s my list:

Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Commun11

COMMUNIC - WAVES OF VISUAL DECAY.

Strange choice maybe, but these local boys have become one of my all time favorite bands. I come from a very small town in a very small country, but the music scene here is quite good with Communic beeing the most sucsessfull one.
Oddleif Stensland, Guitar/vocals, is a very talented performer and songwriter as well as a great guy.
This is their strongest album imo.

Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Acdc_p10

Could have picked any Bon Scott era AC/DC album.
The band that first got me in to Rock and Heavy Metal.
But over the years, Powerage is my most played AC/DC album, I never get tired of it!!

Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Fight_10

This album is the one that brings back a lot of great memories!
The soundtrack of my youth.
I have done a lot of partying, homework, hanging with buddies, and also some early helpless lovemaking to this album.

Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Thin_l10

Oh yes!!
This one is just so great it still feels fresh every time I spin it.
A timeless classic by one of Hard Rock`s greatest bands, with THE greatest frontman of all times!!!

Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Dp_per10

My first Deep Purple album. I had of course heard their earlier hits, so I bought this when it came out.
I was totally blown away, and soon I owned all their albums, but Perfect Stranger is still my favorite...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why)   Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 1:50 pm

Love that AC/DC album, 'Powerage' is the most underrated Bon Scott era classic, and I saw Deep Purple for the first time on the 'Perfect Strangers' tour and is an excellent album.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why)   Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 10:46 am

Another one of my all time favorites:

Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Dark+Quarterer

Dark Quarterer's first LP is a masterpiece of epic proportions. Sure, the productions sucks, but the music is brilliant. The vocalist sounds a tad like Manowar's Eric Adams, the guitarist is simply amazing and the rhythm section is almost prog-like. The songs sounds like a mixture of Piece Of Mind-era Maiden, Manowar on their most epic songs and Black Sabbath. This album really has to be heard to be believed. A masterpiece. Here's a video of the most uptempo song off of the album:

The quality isn't brilliant, but it's okay I guess. You gotta love the singer's accent too, haha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why)   Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Top 5 Hard Rock/Metal albums (And Why)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3