Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1987's "The Gate"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

1987's "The Gate" Empty
PostSubject: 1987's "The Gate"   1987's "The Gate" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:35 pm

The 1987 film The Gate will be remade in 3-D and the original is soon to be released for the first time in dvd format.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

1987's "The Gate" Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1987's "The Gate"   1987's "The Gate" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 3:35 pm

No, its been out on DVD before, cause I bought it then. Another remake to piss me off though I see
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

1987's "The Gate" Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1987's "The Gate"   1987's "The Gate" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:46 pm

DeathCult wrote:
No, its been out on DVD before, cause I bought it then. Another remake to piss me off though I see

At least Stephen Dorff will probably be in the remake.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

1987's "The Gate" Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1987's "The Gate"   1987's "The Gate" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:57 pm

Haven't seen this movie in years. I remember enjoying the creature FX and the many "heavy metal" connections (one kid had a Killer Dwarfs backpatch on his jacket, and their playing a"Sacrifyx" album backwards unleashed the tiny critters from the hole in the backyard)... I would almost hate to see it now though, I imagine it probably hasn't aged very well.

I hear that Alex Winter of "Bill & Ted" fame is directing the remake. Can anyone confirm?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

1987's "The Gate" Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1987's "The Gate"   1987's "The Gate" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:02 pm

Quote :

I hear that Alex Winter of "Bill & Ted" fame is directing the remake. Can anyone confirm?

That is correct.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

1987's "The Gate" Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1987's "The Gate"   1987's "The Gate" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:13 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

That is correct.

Does this mean the kids will say "Dude. Strange things are afoot in our backyard?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

1987's "The Gate" Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1987's "The Gate"   1987's "The Gate" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:29 pm

I've seen The Gate 2, but not the first one. Strange, I know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

1987's "The Gate" Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1987's "The Gate"   1987's "The Gate" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:27 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

That is correct.

Does this mean the kids will say "Dude. Strange things are afoot in our backyard?"

Alex Winter was in the "Lost Boys" as a vampire so he is not completely out of place in this style of movie.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

1987's "The Gate" Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1987's "The Gate"   1987's "The Gate" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:29 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I hear that Alex Winter of "Bill & Ted" fame is directing the remake.

That would pique my interest quite a bit. I've always liked Winter's stuff as he's very creative.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1987's "The Gate" Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1987's "The Gate"   1987's "The Gate" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1987's "The Gate"
Page 1 of 1