Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally some good news about Anthrax

Go down 
+26
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal Misfit
7thSaviour
Gilbert
mc666
Eyesore
Svengo
Olafsto
exact33
ghost
manny
Metallic Blaze
kmorg
powermacho
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Schbopo
Lurideath
sam
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Troublezone
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:45 pm

Quote :
I don't know why Joey left in the first place.

I was never exactly clear on why he (and Dan Spitz for that matter) left after the reunion either. By most accounts, it was a pretty successful run of shows and the fans enjoyed it. Is Joey a big pain in the ass? Are Charlie & Scott that hard to get along with? Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 436688

There is so much going on behind the scenes with that band that neither Charlie nor Scott will fess up to. It's always some vague/cliched excuse why the singers leave. The whole truth would probably be pretty facinating. Or maybe incredibly lame.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

I thought according to Joey it was a scheduling conflict with some dates they planned.

They shot themselves in the foot by booting him ... especially before a new studio album with him on the mike.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 2:41 pm

Quote :
I don't care whos singing I just want some new music already. If I wanted to wonder who was going to be a singer of a band I would just keep up with Van Halen.

VH actually seems more stable lately.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:50 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 19976

That wasn't in reference to Turbin but to this whole musical microphone game that Anthrax keeps playing. Put something new out this year or go away forever.

Oh I gotchya!

Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_wink Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 201269
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:16 am

It's official, Belladonna's back: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=139800

*waits for everything to fall apart once Sonisphere is over*
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:25 am

Quote :
"I am super-excited about this," said Scott Ian.

Me too. Now let's hear a new album, STAT!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:08 pm

Fantastic ! Can't wait to hear something new!
Back to top Go down
Doomdance
Metal student
Metal student
Doomdance

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:37 pm

What a bunch of jokes... Anthrax has lost all my respect in the past few years.
Bush out / Belladona in / Belladona out / Nelson in / Nelson out / Bush in / Bush out / Belladona in....
I hoped they would keep Bush for good..
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:42 pm

They desperately needed Joey back.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:03 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
They desperately needed Joey back.

True!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:09 pm

Yeah they desperately needed Joey back. Probably the reason he came back.

I agree though, this band turned itself into a joke.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:14 pm

I found this part interesting:

Quote :
"We're going to do these summer shows and gel as a band," explained Charlie Benante, "get comfortable playing with each other again, and the energy from that should go right into making new music."

So if they plan on eventually working on new stuff w/Joey, where does this leave the "Worship Music" album they recorded with Nelson on vox? Will it be banished to a dark vault somewhere, never to see the light of day?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:23 pm

Sounds like some of Worship Music is just getting new vocals, other parts are getting completely reworked and other parts are getting scrapped.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I found this part interesting:

Quote :
"We're going to do these summer shows and gel as a band," explained Charlie Benante, "get comfortable playing with each other again, and the energy from that should go right into making new music."

So if they plan on eventually working on new stuff w/Joey, where does this leave the "Worship Music" album they recorded with Nelson on vox? Will it be banished to a dark vault somewhere, never to see the light of day?

Probably. Or at least until it starts showing up everywhere in bootleg form and the band realizes they might as well officially release it to make some money from it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:30 pm

007 wrote:

Probably. Or at least until it starts showing up everywhere in bootleg form and the band realizes they might as well officially release it to make some money from it.

Otherwise known as the Kiss "CARNIVAL OF SOULS" marketing plan. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:

Otherwise known as the Kiss "CARNIVAL OF SOULS" marketing plan. Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_lol

Only after Scott & Charlie figure out how to release it without Dan Nelson getting any royalites. Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_razz

Actually, I could see them releasing either a long-awaited box set with rareties or another 'greatest hits' comp and tag on 1 or 2 unreleased songs from the Nelson-era to entice long-time fans.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:46 pm

About time!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:52 pm

UGH! Road first then a new CD? Why? So they can get on each other's nerves again and split again? Just record something new already! These guys have known each other for 20-30 years. Do they really need to "get comfortable playing with each other again"?

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:13 pm

this won't last

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:42 pm

mc666 wrote:
this won't last

I want to hope for the best here, but sadly, I think you're right.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:45 pm

ultmetal wrote:
UGH! Road first then a new CD? Why? So they can get on each other's nerves again and split again? Just record something new already! These guys have known each other for 20-30 years. Do they really need to "get comfortable playing with each other again"?

Good point.

They make their $$$$ at shows, which is what this reunion is all about.

Albums don't make much these days.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:02 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Good point.

They make their $$$$ at shows, which is what this reunion is all about.

Albums don't make much these days.

All 100% true but it would be nice have a new album by this band, without that they are just another band riding on the oldies band wagon.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:06 pm

I don't understand why they can't simply redo the vocals with Belladonna and then release the album and tour in support of it? Then, if they are not at each others throats after Sonisphere and their own headlining gigs, create something new. As a 20+ year fan (as a lot of us here are) I don't want another greatest hits package or live album; I want new Anthrax!
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:11 pm

Doomdance wrote:
Bush out / Belladona in / Belladona out / Nelson in / Nelson out / Bush in / Bush out / Belladona in....
Me too I prefer the Bush era
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:15 pm

Ben Grimm wrote:
Doomdance wrote:
Me too I prefer the Bush era

I don't think Bush wanted the job. Bush was never back in. He just helped them out to fill a few shows. Anything beyond that was pure speculation and rumor.

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally some good news about Anthrax
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next