Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally some good news about Anthrax

Go down 
+26
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal Misfit
7thSaviour
Gilbert
mc666
Eyesore
Svengo
Olafsto
exact33
ghost
manny
Metallic Blaze
kmorg
powermacho
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Schbopo
Lurideath
sam
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Troublezone
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:00 am

I'd rather just hear the whole Worship Music album. It's such a waste to have something finished and then just never release it the way it was suppose to. Just change up the lyrics and finish it already. I can understand that Bush would feel like he didn't really have much input on it but for the band and fans sake just release it and get it over with.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:06 am

For some ridiculous reason, I've never heard this album. Have all the rest. Never got this one.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 3:17 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I'd rather just hear the whole Worship Music album. It's such a waste to have something finished and then just never release it the way it was suppose to. Just change up the lyrics and finish it already. I can understand that Bush would feel like he didn't really have much input on it but for the band and fans sake just release it and get it over with.

Yeah, the more I think about it - the more I can agree with this.

However, I can also see Bush's side. I mean ... he's older now. He has Armored Saint going on. They just released a new album, and are doing fairly well with it.

He just don't want to F around no more.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 3:21 am

Bush is doing the right thing... protecting himself against the Anthrax machine. that said, i still hope for new Thrax/Bush material. i just love it.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:40 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

Yeah, the more I think about it - the more I can agree with this.

However, I can also see Bush's side. I mean ... he's older now. He has Armored Saint going on. They just released a new album, and are doing fairly well with it.

He just don't want to F around no more.

The new Saint album is doing well but I read the other day that they aren't doing any full blown out tours which would leave him time to go and knock the Anthrax thing out. I don't blame him for not just jumping on it right away because they already screwed him once. I was surprised to see that he even came back.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 9:49 pm

I'm sure there is some legal red tape that the band would have to deal with before releasing Worship Music as well. No matter who the singer is now, if Dan Nelson got any credit in lyrics or songwriting, he's entitled to a piece of the action.

If there is bad blood between the 2 parties, which I believe there is, I'm sure Anthrax doesn't want one cent going into Dan's pocket.

By the way, we (the public) never got the whole story as to why Dan got the boot, did we? There was lot of rumors and speculation going around, but I never heard a definative answer.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:57 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
By the way, we (the public) never got the whole story as to why Dan got the boot, did we? There was lot of rumors and speculation going around, but I never heard a definative answer.

It's probably gonna be in the book.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:22 pm

I hate reissues. I want NEW albums. Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 308838
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:22 am

This is from Eddie Trunk's page, anyone else heard this rumor? :

Speaking of thrash, tons of rumours that Joey Belladonna is back in Anthrax. I can tell you as of this writing that has not been confirmed. The speculation is for a few reasons. As I stated, Joey was at the Fozzy gig Wednesday night with Frank and Charlie. Couple that with John Bush stating on my satellite show that he doesn't really want to do full time touring any more with either Anthrax or Armored Saint and it doesn't take a dummy to figure out something might be up, especially when you consider the Big 4 hype and that Joey was the singer for that early era. But keep in mind anything is possible in the Anthrax singer soap opera, so lets see how this one plays out.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:27 am

Nice! Wish those guys could put egos aside long enough to put out a good studio platter.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:37 am

Joey or John. Heck, even Whit Crane from Ugly Kid Joe or Bo Bice (remember those rumors?). I don't care anymore at this point. I just want a new Anthrax album.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:38 am

Of course Joey is da man! I'm de man, I'm de man, I'm so mad I should be in detention. I'm de maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:38 am

Bo Bice? Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 201269
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:41 am

7thSaviour wrote:

Yup. Afrer Joey left the 2nd time, before the Dan Nelson debacle, there were rumors of ex-American Idol Bo frickin' Bice as a possible candidate for the lead singer spot of Anthrax. So was a guy from Slipknot, whose name escapes me at the moment.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:42 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

Yup. Afrer Joey left the 2nd time, before the Dan Nelson debacle, there were rumors of ex-American Idol Bo frickin' Bice as a possible candidate for the lead singer spot of Anthrax. So was a guy from Slipknot, whose name escapes me at the moment.
The guy from Slipknot maybe, but Bo Bice? Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Lol
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 6:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Joey or John. Heck, even Whit Crane from Ugly Kid Joe or Bo Bice (remember those rumors?). I don't care anymore at this point. I just want a new Anthrax album.

I am at the point where I don't even care who is back. I just hope they record a good album.

I'll take Bush or Belladonna!

Actually, my first choice would be Neil Turbon. He was Anthrax's best singer anyway.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 6:20 pm

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 6:20 pm

Turbin's solo stuff is pretty good if you haven't heard it yet..he had this speed metal song that just cranked..

Last edited by Orion Crystal Ice on Mon May 03, 2010 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Metal Misfit wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 19976
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 6:22 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Turbin's solo stuff is pretty good if you haven't heard it yet..he had this speed metal song that just cranked..

I love that first Anthrax album. I really would've been a much bigger Anthrax fan had he stayed on board.

I'm a casual Anthrax fan, not a die-hard.

I'll take Armored Saint over Anthrax any day of the week.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:40 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 19976

That wasn't in reference to Turbin but to this whole musical microphone game that Anthrax keeps playing. Put something new out this year or go away forever.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:14 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

I have Threatcon Delta, but I don't think it's very good. Nothing very memorable and the production is very uneven. Sounds like the songs were recorded at different times and studios (which they probably were) but not properly mastered for a single recording. The sound levels are all over the place. Neil's vocals are decent though. Not like the old days, but he uses his voice within it's natural age limits. Fits the music well.

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:46 pm

What is it with these jokers? I think Sharon should be called in to straighten them ou.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:25 pm

I read this yesturday. I don't know why Joey left in the first place. You would think that he would just rejoin the band. I'm sure he's happy doing his solo stuff but I'm sure he misses playing the big shows that Anthrax has. Cut the crap rejoin the band and do your solo stuff on the side. I don't care whos singing I just want some new music already. If I wanted to wonder who was going to be a singer of a band I would just keep up with Van Halen.

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:30 pm

The only Anthrax record I will buy at this point will have Belladonna on vocals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally some good news about Anthrax
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next