Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally some good news about Anthrax

Go down 
+26
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal Misfit
7thSaviour
Gilbert
mc666
Eyesore
Svengo
Olafsto
exact33
ghost
manny
Metallic Blaze
kmorg
powermacho
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Schbopo
Lurideath
sam
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Troublezone
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 2:27 am

manny wrote:
ghost wrote:
Another reissue of a classic album. This seems to be very popular theses days. Good for people that don't have the original. Dilema for us others who are not so determined to spend $$ for those bonus versions.
Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_scratch

It is a bit of a dilema but I refuse to shell out money for an album I have already purchased.

Yes, I also try to refuse it. But the dilema is that I can't always be persistent...
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:34 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Scott and Charlie are both whining crybabies.

That's kinda the impression I've gotten too.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:22 am

Anthrax drummer Charlie Benante has told AOL's Noisecreep that the band is "in the process of regrouping with" singer John Bush following the departure of Dan Nelson in late July. "We played two shows with [John] [Sonisphere festival in the U.K. in early August and Loud Park festival in Japan earlier this month], and we are looking forward to proceeding with this lineup."
Explaining why the band doesn't try to reunite with Joey Belladonna, the band's singer during their heyday and part of the band's most commercially successful lineup, Benante said, "It's a difficult thing to talk about."
"I watched this movie last night, and it was basically a two-hour documentary, called 'Rock the Bells,' about a promoter in California trying to put together a show with the headliner being the Wu-Tang Clan with all nine members, which is unheard of. At the end of the night, the last member showed up and it came together. I watched that, and thought, 'It can happen!' But I've read on message boards and stuff where people think we can't just get it together and do it. Believe me, man, it's harder than you think. I wish it would all come together. But I am happy with John Bush. If we move forward with him, that, to me, would make my life complete. It would be perfect."
Anthrax (featuring John Bush) is confirmed for the 2010 edition of Austrlia's Soundwave Festival, which is scheduled for February 20th in Brisbane.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:17 pm

I saw that Sonisphere show live on Palladia (on satallite). It was a great freekin' show!!!

I just thought that John didn't want to tour anymore though. But I'd be more than happy to see him come back to Anthrax!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:41 pm

I'd welcome John back, but I'd love to know the real reason behind Dan's departure. Someone is not telling the whole story there.

I wonder if John does come back into the band, will they just re-record new vocals or will they scrap the whole Dan Nelson album & start from scratch? I hope they don't start over from square one. I want to hear some new Anthrax ASAP.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'd welcome John back, but I'd love to know the real reason behind Dan's departure. Someone is not telling the whole story there.

I wonder if John does come back into the band, will they just re-record new vocals or will they scrap the whole Dan Nelson album & start from scratch? I hope they don't start over from square one. I want to hear some new Anthrax ASAP.

I imagine that Anthrax will do what Black Sabbath did when Ray Gillen quit and Iommi had Tony Martin re-record the vocal tracks for 'The Eternal Idol'.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:46 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I agree on all counts!

I hope that one day they will write a book so we will know the truth. There is much more here than meets the eye. I'm sure of it. No one is telling the complete truth. In fact, it's rather obvious they are all going out of their way to hide something. Anyway ... I hope one day we will know what really happened. A band doesn't just record a whole freekin' album with a new singer and just let them go! That makes no sense at all. It's a major loss of money for one thing.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:47 pm

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I imagine that Anthrax will do what Black Sabbath did when Ray Gillen quit and Iommi had Tony Martin re-record the vocal tracks for 'The Eternal Idol'.

I sure has heck hope so!

Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 927150
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:53 pm

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'd think they would go that route as well, just to get the product done and out. But who knows? Maybe John will have some input on the material and want to make changes. Eh, I guess we'll know when Blabbermouth issues the press release. Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_razz

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:56 pm

But is the result of another Bush era Anthrax album really worth all this drama? I vote no.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:58 pm

Regardless this album is going to flop bigger than ever! No matter who is on vocals, its not gonna live up to any hype they have had in the past. I think these guys should just stop already. They are great for a laugh though!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:59 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
But is the result of another Bush era Anthrax album really worth all this drama? I vote no.

Ditto.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:59 pm

Lurideath wrote:
They are great for a laugh though!

I hate to admit it, but Shannon is right. They need to pack it up and go be garbage men or something.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Lurideath wrote:
Regardless this album is going to flop bigger than ever! No matter who is on vocals, its not gonna live up to any hype they have had in the past. I think these guys should just stop already. They are great for a laugh though!

But "We Have Come for You All" was very good! I have hopes for this new album, regardless of who takes the mic.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:14 pm

Lurideath wrote:

I agree. Anthrax is over-rated amongst the over-rated bands..

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:34 pm

Anthrax lost a lot of respect over the last few years... Bush left them, Belladonna split (again) and Dan Nelson is hired and fired almost overnight...
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:11 pm

Ah the Anthrax soap continues......

If they only would have packed it up after the first Belladonna split, they would have been my all time favorite metal band Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:18 pm

I think after the Belladonna soap opera if they have offered or if John Bush had accepted the offer to return then I think they would not be viewed as a running joke. But firing their newest vocalist after hyping him so much, and firing him on the eve of a major 'comeback' tour makes them look they're directionless.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:31 pm

manny wrote:
I think after the Belladonna soap opera if they have offered or if John Bush had accepted the offer to return then I think they would not be viewed as a running joke. But firing their newest vocalist after hyping him so much, and firing him on the eve of a major 'comeback' tour makes them look they're directionless.

Well I guess it gives them some time to decide which musical style is more popular so they can follow it..

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:51 am

We finally hear from John Bush regarding both Anthrax and Armored Saint:

Anhrax/Armored Saint vocalist John Bush was interviewed on yesterday's (Sunday, October 25th) edition of DJ Will's "The Vault" show on KNAC.COM. During the discussion, Bush was asked about his current status in Anthrax, the band that he rejoined in late July after they split with singer Dan Nelson due to "personal differences."
"We did two shows [Sonisphere festival in the U.K. and Loud Park festival in Japan] and they were both awesome," said Bush, who was previously a member of Anthrax from 1992 to 2005. "And I'm committed to [doing] these five [more] dates, which is the Soundwave festival in Australia in February, and I'm looking forward to that.
[Playing Soundwave festival is] gonna be cool. There are some really great bands on the bill, particularly Faith No More, who've reunited, whom I look forward to seeing.
And that's as far as it's gone. I'm taking really tiny steps with that, because that feels like the natural thing to do.
The experience's been great [so far]. And the band is sitting on [an already completed new] record [with Dan Nelson's vocals] that they're probably a little unsure what to do with, and we've discussed that, and we're trying to figure that out too. And I've listened to some music and it sounds cool.
Doing shows is easy, for the most part. Remembering lyrics is the biggest challenge lately, and I've done pretty well with that at the two shows. I'm proud of myself. I guess all my memory abilities are still there, which is important. I haven't gotten early signs of Alzheimer's yet; I'm lucky. We even played a couple of songs at the Japanese show, like 'Catharsis,' which we played once in the band's career, and we didn't even rehearse; that's a pretty awesome accomplishment, I think.
That being said, I kind of wanted to [complete] the [new] Armored Saint [album], as far as creativity-wise, before I could enter a new area of being creative with Anthrax. And I've talked to them and I wanted to be super-straight-up about everything.
There's a few things to iron out if I was gonna re-sing the [songs on the already completed new Anthrax] record, basically. One is making sure that I have the capability of contributing in the proper way and in the most uplifting way. And also there are a couple of legal things to work out.
The [new Anthrax] record's done. I mean, Dan sang on it; it's finished. So it's an area that I'm still kind of entering with... not trepidation, but just... again, baby steps for me and trying to figure out the right way.
"Doing shows? That's gravy; that's easy.
It was awesome [playing live with Anthrax again]. There's obviously camarederie between me and those guys on stage. It's powerful, it's like we never stopped, and that's easy.
You know, when it comes to anything that's happened in Anthrax [on a personal level], it's irreleveant as well.
Once I decided to do the Knebworth [Sonisphere] gig, my mindset was, 'Let's go out and rule and kick ass and do the best we can,' and that's where it was. Anything else beyond that as far as some of the ins and outs of the group as far as the things that happened, it's kind of behind me. Because it doesn't matter, 'cause I'm in a different place now. It just doesn't matter. If I'm going to do a show, I'm gonna do the show. I'm not gonna do the show with a 'But...' or 'Well...' — one of those. I'm doing it. I'm in, and that's it. Doing the record is a little different, but if it happens, I'm there and I'll do it with everything I've got. Charlie [Benante, drums] and Frankie [Bello, bass] are the same, because those guys, they have kids, and I could bust their balls straight up and say those guys hated touring a lot of the time without kids. We'd go to Europe and they'd be like, 'Grrr....' 'Cause they just weren't the biggest fans of touring.
Playing shows is easy, again... That's gravy, that's easy. The other 22 and a half hours of the day is, for me — and I'm sure those guys and a lot of people — the negative side of touring. Especially when you're away from your family and especially now when you add kids to the mix. It's hard. And I don't wanna do that.
We've already discussed it, and I've been pretty clear about it — I don't wanna go out and slug it out for months on the road; I'm just not feeling that anymore. It doesn't bring happiness to me. There's like this two-and-a-half-week window where everything goes south and it's just like, 'I don't wanna be here.' Again, I can't speak for other bands; I just know that that's how Anthrax work, and I think those guys would agree with me — it's just the way it is.
So I think that playing the right shows in the right circumstances, especially if they're big gigs, it's very enticing and that sounds like fun.
If I never have to walk into Harpo's [club in Detroit] again in my life, or if I do, somebody needs to shoot me. Nothing personal against the city of Detroit — it's just that that's the kind of thing I just never wanna do again. And it's not because I have this arrogant attitude — I've done it... and many times. I've been there. It's just not what I wanna do with my life anymore at this stage. And I don't think we have to, which is cool. Again, we're trying to figure it all out.
Those guys kind of were on the road, and then their road kind of got detoured; that's life, let alone rock and roll.
So that's where we're at. We're kind of seeing what's gonna happen, and everything's been a positive thing."
Anthrax (featuring John Bush) is confirmed for the 2010 edition of Australia's Soundwave Festival, which will kick off on February 20 in Brisbane.
The dates are as follows:
Feb. 20 - Brisbane, AUS - RNA Showgrounds
Feb. 21 - Sydney, AUS - Eastern Creek Raceway
Feb. 26 - Melbourne, AUS - Melbourne Showgrounds
Feb. 27 - Adelaide, AUS - Bonython Park
Mar. 1 - Perth, AUS - Bassendean Oval
As a result of Anthrax's split with Nelson, the band canceled 10 European shows and pulled out of a U.S. tour with Slipknot which was scheduled to take place in August and September.
Armored Saint entered Tranzformer Studios in Burbank, California on October 12th to begin recording its sixth full-length album. The SAINT is working with Bryan Carlstrom, who is once again handling engineering duties, with the band's very own Joey Vera (bass) in the producer's chair. Joey and Bryan will mix the record, which is scheduled for release in early 2010 via Metal Blade Records.
The as-yet-untitled CD will feature the following songs, among others:
* Black Feet
* Chilled
* Loose Cannon
* Blues
* La Raza
* Head On
* Get Off The Fence
* Left Hook From Right Field
Tranzformer Studios is owned by Dave Jerdan (Alice In Chains, Jane's Addiction), who produced Armored Saint's 1991 classic "Symbol of Salvation."
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:02 am

That sounds good to me. I'm glad the Armored Saint record is on track. I'm always up for some new Anthrax but at this point with all of the 'thrax drama I think I'm more stoked for some new Armored Saint.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:49 pm

Svengo wrote:
That sounds good to me. I'm glad the Armored Saint record is on track. I'm always up for some new Anthrax but at this point with all of the 'thrax drama I think I'm more stoked for some new Armored Saint.

I've always been a bigger fan of Armored Saint than Anthrax anyway! BRING ON THE SAINT!!!

Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 3:00 pm

No real surprises here but here you go:

MetalSucks' Axl Rosenberg recently spoke with Anthrax/Armored Saint singer John Bush. A segment from the interview is posted below:
MetalSucks: I have to ask you… Everybody is kind of wondering what's going on with you and Anthrax, because it seems like every time somebody asks [Anthrax guitarist] Scott [Ian] or somebody else in the band gets asked, they kind of go, "We still don't really know."
Bush: Well, we just did these shows in Australia that were really fun. They were for the Soundwave Festival, and they were great. I had committed to doing these shows to these four shows in June as well as more festivals in August. As of now we're trying to figure out a way to see if we can re-record some of the songs that the band had already recorded [for the album that was supposed to be released last October called "Worship Music"]. We're just trying to iron out some of the legalities on it. That's where we are at today.
MetalSucks: So you think you would be re-recording some of [former Anthrax singer] Dan Nelson's vocals?
Bush: That is what they want to do, and it's been a conflict for me, to be quite frank, simply because I kind of felt like I wasn't part of the creation of it. On all the other Anthrax records, I was part of it when it happened. I just wasn't involved in this, and it's something that they've already actually completed. I haven't disregarded it completely, and I know it's important to them. I realize they made this record and they're kind of sitting on it. They want to put some of it out, if not everything… at least a single, and we've talked about [releasing] an EP. We're still trying to figure out if we can do that, especially in conjunction with these shows in June. We've just got to kind of iron out some specifics. That's where we're at today, March 15th, 2010.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 3:10 pm

Quote :
They want to put some of it out, if not everything… at least a single, and we've talked about [releasing] an EP.

That would be cool if they put out an EP of material from Worship Music with John's vocals and maybe a cover song or 2. At least till they figure out what they're going to do for the next full-length album.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
They want to put some of it out, if not everything… at least a single, and we've talked about [releasing] an EP.

That would be cool if they put out an EP of material from Worship Music with John's vocals and maybe a cover song or 2. At least till they figure out what they're going to do for the next full-length album.

Yeah, that would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally some good news about Anthrax
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next