Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally some good news about Anthrax

Go down 
+26
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal Misfit
7thSaviour
Gilbert
mc666
Eyesore
Svengo
Olafsto
exact33
ghost
manny
Metallic Blaze
kmorg
powermacho
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Schbopo
Lurideath
sam
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Troublezone
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:25 pm

True on the Bush account be he must feel like crap now. Used and thrown away the second Belladonna jumps in. Pathetic.

And I can bet that they will do a series of shows and then of course break-up because of ego problems and whatnot. As Ult said - just release a new album with Belladonna already!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:55 pm

Why would he feel used if he declined the invitation to come back full time because he no longer wants to tour? Why do we jump to conclusions when we don't have the whole story? Those guys are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Metal student
Metal student
Doomdance

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:24 am

To bad Anthrax still think they are one of the big 4... However with the return of Belladone they degraded themselves to a coverband. Belladone doesn't want to sing the Bush-era songs.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:01 am

ultmetal wrote:
Why would he feel used if he declined the invitation to come back full time because he no longer wants to tour? Why do we jump to conclusions when we don't have the whole story? Those guys are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

As far as being used I meant the first time Belladonna jumped into the picture. Now I can understand it. But overall Anthrax really dragged their name in the mud and are a shadow of their former selves. The whole Dan Nelson controversy, Belladonna not singing Bush songs...the whole situation leaves me in a "meh" state about the new album.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:04 am

Didn't we discuss this before, about them pulling him back in because of this "Big Four" thing? Knowing Anthrax's past politics, it was a no-brainer.

Hopefully John never again wastes an ounce of his time with these turds.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:35 am

Hopefully they won't waste anymore time with Bush either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:59 am

Bush is the lucky one here. I hope he concentrates on Armored Saint.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:29 am

TheNazgul wrote:
Bush is the lucky one here. I hope he concentrates on Armored Saint.

I've always been a much bigger fan of Armored Saint than Anthrax.

I've pretty much lost interest in Anthrax nowadays. Not even sure if I'll pick a new album up at this point.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:23 pm

It seems like John Bush made it very clear that he is not interested in touring as much as they did in the past and he is making a very good living doing voice overs, so it seems like the band and John Bush had a mutal parting of ways.

I am a little surprised they reunited with Joey Belladonna, Scott Ian's has made many negative comments regarding his skills as a singer and frontman.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:41 pm

manny wrote:
It seems like John Bush made it very clear that he is not interested in touring as much as they did in the past and he is making a very good living doing voice overs, so it seems like the band and John Bush had a mutal parting of ways.

I am a little surprised they reunited with Joey Belladonna, Scott Ian's has made many negative comments regarding his skills as a singer and frontman.

Funny thing too as I think Joey's vocals were one of the most unique things about Anthrax. They kept the music as catchy as possible and often were the driving force of the track. I myself prefer the debut with Turbin as I love his over the top performance on that CD but Joey was no slouch either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:42 pm

They'd all be better off breaking up and starting new bands...Scott Ian can plant himself on VH1 and never look back...

And Armored Saint is not going to do anything major at all...they'll all get together every few years for a record or handful of shows and that's it...Joey Vera has been saying in interviews lately that Armored Saint is just a casual, fun thing for them...not something to try and make any kind of career out of anymore...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:23 pm

Does anyone think firing Dan Nelson was a major career set back? I am not saying he was a good or bad vocalist but there was so much hype and media attention paid to Anthrax that his sudden departure made them seem more Spinal Tap then a serious metal band IMO.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:29 pm

Yeah, it does seem like firing Dan made their lineup changes seem a bit more ridiculous. Right or wrong.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:31 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Yeah, it does seem like firing Dan made their lineup changes seem a bit more ridiculous. Right or wrong.

Has anybody read or heard what is the story behind the reason why he was so quickly dismissed from the band?
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:34 pm

manny wrote:
Does anyone think firing Dan Nelson was a major career set back? I am not saying he was a good or bad vocalist but there was so much hype and media attention paid to Anthrax that his sudden departure made them seem more Spinal Tap then a serious metal band IMO.

I totally agree with this. I was really gonna give Dan Nelson a shot - he was the young blood in the band and could be a very nice addition to Anthrax. His hiring/quick firing combo turned this whole situation into a media comedy for me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:35 pm

manny wrote:

I don't know if "career set back" would be the term I'd use. But it certainly de-railed any momentum that was building. They were getting back out there, playing some shows, hyping the new album then *BAM* pulled the plug on everything.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:42 pm

manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Has anybody read or heard what is the story behind the reason why he was so quickly dismissed from the band?

As far as I can remember, the whole thing was kinda swept under the carpet rather quickly without any "official" reasoning, other than Charlie or Scott saying Dan was sick and couldn't go to Europe to play some shows so they fired him. Dan came back and said he wasn't sick and he was fired for no reason. It all seemed pretty flimsy.

He must've done something pretty bad, like Richie-Kotzen-sleeping-with-your-bass-player's-wife kinda bad to be fired so quickly.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 4:57 pm

I think that whole Dan Nelson thing was just a publicity stunt and there probably wasn't even an album called Worship Music just a few songs they were working on. Everything just sounds too made up.

Wasn't Worship Music being released close to when they fired Nelson? which would most likely mean they would have already been printing the cds.

I have a signed booklet by Dan Nelson if anyone wants it haha.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 2:09 am

No, I don't think the Dan Nelson thing was just a stunt.

There was to much evidence regarding his place in the band, the recording process, etc.

In fact, the band is sitting on the album. It's a finished product. Mastered and everything. From what I read, the band actually lost quite a bit of money doing this. Abandoning the finished product was not a wise business move.

Oh well, they must've had their reasons, but I was looking forward to hearing Dan with the band!

Then I was happy to hear Bush was coming back ... then I got all confused by who was actually singing for them. Left me in a bit of a tizzy. I'll pass on Anthrax hype for now. I'll believe it when they got an album down at Best Buy, and I will buy it.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:41 am

Anthrax??? no Bush ='s dead to me. They need to just go away now, make appearances in other bands as a guest musician would be the only cool route for some of those members. Time to hang up the hat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally some good news about Anthrax
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5