Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Voivod

Go down 
+27
Boris2008
EmoElmo
adrian
Infinite
Tur-Thalion
Gilbert
jstate
Nico
SpectreFate
Shawn Of Fire
ultmetal
Temple of Blood
BuzzPhil
Coma
Leatherface
mc666
Svengo
MetalGuy71
MetalFRO
FlyingV
sam
Fat Freddy
DeathCult
manny
Stender
metalken
Metallic Blaze
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

Voivod - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voivod   Voivod - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 2:13 pm

You can stream a studio version of the new song Target Earth (earlier this year I posted a link to a live version of the same song) at Metal Sucks. I think it sounds pretty great and despite Piggy's absence, the new guitarist does a pretty great job

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/11/27/exclusive-track-premiere-voivods-target-earth/
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Voivod - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voivod   Voivod - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 3:54 pm

Does anyone know much about the different pressings of Rrroooaaarrr? I just got a copy off of amazon because it was 15.00 and that was the cheapest I've seen it in years. It was actually still sealed and the disc says "Made in Japan by Memory-Tech Corporation" and is a Combat pressing, apparently first edition? The matrix number printed on the inside edge of the disc is 88561-8103-2 MT 1A1 ++. The method of sealing is consonant with what I remember of cd plastic wrap in the old days. Nonetheless I am curious whether I might have received a fake copy. Is there any way to know?

The disc looks the same as at this site: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VOIVOD-Rrroooaaarrr-CD-MEGA-RARE-COMBAT-1986-ACCUSER-FORCED-ENTRY-SLAYER-/360515160936?pt=CD&hash=item53f060cb68

While looking online I also found this thread that suggests the Combat Japan pressing had a different looking disc (larger band logo and in blue, background graphic): http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=62408

I'd be curious if anyone knows anything on this issue?
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Voivod - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voivod   Voivod - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:00 pm

I have the F.A.D. reissue so I can't help you with a direct comparison. But I will say that everything about that ebay seller screams bootlegger (including that lone guy calling him out in the feedback). That is one amazing set of rarities he is regularly selling for well under going prices.

Also wouldn't a sealed copy of this still be in a longbox?

One thing I'd do is see if the same amazon seller doesn't list another one. Or contact the seller expressing your concerns. Most bootleggers will refund pretty quick rather than risk the feedback/exposure.

I didn't know this had gone up so much.
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Voivod - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voivod   Voivod - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:49 pm

Interesting. Thanks for the thoughts. Reading through the production notes I do spot two minor typos, which might indicate a bootleg; but they also seem like the kind of typos that might occur in a Japanese pressing. I'm not entirely convinced it's a bootleg, but it definitely might be. If anyone does have this version I'd be interested in comparing with their insert booklet. I can't find a close enough scan of the production notes for this version online.

An interesting thing about the seller is that not much of its other stock seems to be rare. It's mostly pop hits. That makes me think that it's not someone who has anything vested in rare out-of-print material. This is not to say that it would get hold of a bootleg, of course.
http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1354578831/ref=sr_pg_2?ie=UTF8&me=A39ZBH3YODSBQD&page=2&rh=
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Voivod - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voivod   Voivod - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 8:24 pm

Tur-Thalion wrote:
You can stream a studio version of the new song Target Earth (earlier this year I posted a link to a live version of the same song) at Metal Sucks. I think it sounds pretty great and despite Piggy's absence, the new guitarist does a pretty great job

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/11/27/exclusive-track-premiere-voivods-target-earth/

I never would've thought that anyone could replace Piggy but Daniel did it! Great song!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Voivod - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voivod   Voivod - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 11:58 am

I love Voivod! humble
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

Voivod - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voivod   Voivod - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 9:00 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

I love Voivod! humble

I have the ep ordered. Just waiting on it to get here.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Voivod - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voivod   Voivod - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 11:36 am

New Voivod...

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Voivod - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voivod   Voivod - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 11:21 am

The only two Voivod CDs I own are Nothingface and Phobos.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

Voivod - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voivod   Voivod - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 12:40 pm

Lari wrote:
The only two Voivod CDs I own are Nothingface and Phobos.

You should remedy that.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Voivod - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voivod   Voivod - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2018 5:21 pm

This is great, Voivod are brillliant!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Voivod - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voivod   Voivod - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2018 2:56 am

I really never understood the attraction to these guys. I've listened to quite a few songs from various albums, I own two of their earlier cds, and just can't get into these guys. The people that like them seem to really love them, but I just can't hear what they hear.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Voivod - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voivod   Voivod - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 10:06 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
I really never understood the attraction to these guys. I've listened to quite a few songs from various albums, I own two of their earlier cds, and just can't get into these guys. The people that like them seem to really love them, but I just can't hear what they hear.

I can see that. They're not an "easy" band to get into. You either like 'em or you don't. Not much middle ground.

I don't care for their early stuff, when they were more of a thrash band. The vocals were too harsh and the music just seemed all over the place. I liked them more when they adopted more a groove and progressive sound to their music (around Nothingface and Angel Rat), which by most accounts is their least popular period.

I have 7 or 8 of their albums and will probably pick this one up at some point as well.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Voivod - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voivod   Voivod - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 10:38 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
You either like 'em or you don't. Not much middle ground.

I think I'm standing in that middle ground.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

Voivod - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voivod   Voivod - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am

I am totally OUT of the middle ground. The Early stuff is legendary. They're last 3 lps and a handful of eps has brought me back. All the Pink Floyd worship of the middle 25 years is not my thang.

Now, with that being said, GO BUY "THE WAKE"! It is obnoxiously incredible!!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Voivod - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voivod   Voivod - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2018 9:18 pm

I have read some very good reviews of the new album. Sounds like a must buy.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Voivod - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voivod   Voivod - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2019 1:47 pm

Cool cover:

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Voivod - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voivod   Voivod - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2019 1:10 pm

Voivod are the best band around these days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Voivod - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voivod   Voivod - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voivod
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4