Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM

Go down 
+8
jstate
Boris2008
mc666
Wurthless
SpectreFate
Hadley
Gilbert
Stender
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM Empty
PostSubject: Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM   Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 6:14 pm

Sounds like they tried to warp their asses back to the 80's. Looking forward to this, but trying not get my hopes too high or anything..

[youtube]

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM   Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 1:38 am

Nahhhhhh
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM   Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 1:47 am

Samples sound pretty good. OTOH, that is one UGLY album cover. Looks more like a demo. I know that most bands are de-emphasizing cover art in this digital age, but at least put SOME effort into it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM   Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 6:32 pm

The production on this album SUCKS! Worst drum sound in recent memory, cardboard boxes with some added reverb, they might as well have just used samples because it would have sounded alot better. Bad mix as well, the whole thing just sounds very unprofessional and cheap.

I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM   Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 6:46 pm

S.D. wrote:
The production on this album SUCKS! Worst drum sound in recent memory, cardboard boxes with some added reverb, they might as well have just used samples because it would have sounded alot better. Bad mix as well, the whole thing just sounds very unprofessional and cheap.

I'll pass.

When I get like this, please kill me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM   Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 6:50 pm

I just find it inexcusable for a professional band to release something that sounds worse than your average demo.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM   Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 6:52 pm

S.D. wrote:
I just find it inexcusable for a professional band to release something that sounds worse than your average demo.

Well you've said on many the occasion that metal no longer gets you hard, so do you think that maybe that has something to do with it? Because I've heard it and it doesn't sound nowhere as bad as you describe.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM   Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 6:53 pm

I think that "Mechanical Mind" track sounds pretty good. I may have to check the rest of the album out eventually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM   Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:01 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Well you've said on many the occasion that metal no longer gets you hard, so do you think that maybe that has something to do with it? Because I've heard it and it doesn't sound nowhere as bad as you describe.

I wasn't commenting on the music, only on the quality of the production. If it doesn't bother you then that's grand, enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM   Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:21 pm

musically it sounds like a return to a more Killing Technology or Dimension Hatröss style. production wise its more War and Pain or Rrröööaaarrr. i gotta say, it's the first one from them i've really been excited about since The Outer Limits.

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM   Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 4:14 pm

I've just bought it. Bad production or not, I freaking love Voivod so had to get it on vinyl while I could.

I quite like the cover, it's a bit War & Pain.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM   Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:09 am

I have to say I'm really loving Target Earth. A lot. Having a difficult time removing it from the player.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM   Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 3:54 pm

Target Earth is good!! Dan Mongrain definitely has Piggy's guitar style down to a tee. Plus the return of Blacky didn't hurt either. This is their best release in quite some time.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM   Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Yup, love it. My favorite Voivod record in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM   Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 8:57 pm

Great stuff!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM   Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 5:16 pm

Waiting on my copy. Have read good things about it.

Metal novice
Metal novice
chilejay7

Number of posts : 94

PostSubject: Re: Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM   Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 9:05 am

I've spun this a couple of times now and the more I listen the better it gets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM   Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voivod 'Target Earth' January 22 NEW ALBUM
Page 1 of 1