Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Children of Bodom's something wild

Go down 
+7
Lari
Al.
jay
sam
A Handful of Wayne
stormspell
Gilbert
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Children of Bodom's something wild Empty
PostSubject: Children of Bodom's something wild   Children of Bodom's something wild Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:32 am

I recently purchased this album, as i'm starting to acquire a taste for children of bodom. Awesome album. Any fans?
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom's something wild   Children of Bodom's something wild Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:51 am

I bought this one back in 1997 after seeing Deadnight Warrior video - a purchase worth for that tune alone. Lost interest after Follow the Reaper though. Still first 3 are worth owning I'd say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom's something wild   Children of Bodom's something wild Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:59 am

Indeed. I think i'm just gonna stick with the first three albums.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom's something wild   Children of Bodom's something wild Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:14 am

I bought it back around the time it came out. Someone suggested it to me. I didn't really care for it at first since I really wasnt into that type of music. I gave it a bunch of listens though and eventually it grew on me. Their style has changed a lot since this release but I still think they are pretty good.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom's something wild   Children of Bodom's something wild Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:59 am

Great album, and yes after follow the reaper they went downhill quick.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
jay
Metal novice
Metal novice
jay

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom's something wild   Children of Bodom's something wild Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 3:51 am

I love the guitar work in Children Of Bodom with the keyboards. I've got Blood Drink
Back to top Go down
Al.
Metal novice
Metal novice
Al.

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom's something wild   Children of Bodom's something wild Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:40 pm

jay wrote:
I love the guitar work in Children Of Bodom with the keyboards. I've got Blood Drink

Yea that's the one I started off with "Blooddrunk", saw the vid clip one day & the song just hooked me. Eventually picked up the CD. It is the limited edition digipak with DVD & 5.1 mix of the album.

Humurous to read reviews elsewhere of the album where "fans" accuse the band of selling out, or going all nu-metal!? I haven't got any of their earlier stuff however this ain't nu-metal or likewise.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom's something wild   Children of Bodom's something wild Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:54 pm

Something Wild is okay, I like about half the songs. But the follow-up, Hatebreeder is much more awesome. And especially Follow the Reaper - that is real tight, almost like power metal but real aggressive. Incredible soloing all throughout those two albums. I rarely listen to Bodom anymore, but when I do it's mostly Follow the Reaper. I didn't even get the later albums after hearing the change - nowadays the music is a tad simpler and less intricate. They're still pretty awesome and especially the lead guitars and keys are great, but the distortion kind of ruins the sound and makes it seem like they are trying to become one of those NWOAHM bands.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom's something wild   Children of Bodom's something wild Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 8:39 pm

Not much of a fan of bodom. Love Stone though...
Back to top Go down
Al.
Metal novice
Metal novice
Al.

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom's something wild   Children of Bodom's something wild Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 8:41 pm

Just found this randomly surfing...

CHILDREN OF BODOM To Release 'Skeletons In The Closet' Collection Of Covers

Click on the link above. The album of covers is due September 21, 2009.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom's something wild   Children of Bodom's something wild Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 8:46 pm

I probably ought to revisit the first three. I seem to have a love/hate relationship with this band. I like them sometimes and cant stand them othertimes.

Alex

MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom's something wild   Children of Bodom's something wild Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 9:51 pm

I used to have "Something Wild" and musically I loved it. Never been a fan of their lyrics, but then again, they only ever published lyrics for 1 song (officially) off that album. I got rid of it years ago in a purge, but have considered re-acquiring it because it's pretty spankin' awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom's something wild   Children of Bodom's something wild Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 8:54 am

I just bought their live album! They kick ass! Children of Bodom's something wild 877540
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom's something wild   Children of Bodom's something wild Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Children of Bodom's something wild
Page 1 of 1