Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Running Wild RIP

Go down 
+10
DallasBlack
MoonChild
powermacho
7thSaviour
EvyMetal
Necrosultan
kmorg
tohostudios
Stender
tul
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:19 pm

Okay this doesn´t come totally unexpected. Rock´n´Rolf lost his motivation. Running Wild will play their last show on the Wacken Open Air.

www.wacken.com
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:27 pm

aw man...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:28 pm

Goodbye Popeye!

I would really have liked this band if they had somebody who could sing instead of Popeye.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 6:30 am

This has been a defunt "band" for a long time. When was the last album out? 2005!!

I'm glad I got to see the band live though. They are one of my all time favorites.

Last edited by kmorg on Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Necrosultan
Metal novice
Metal novice
Necrosultan

Number of posts : 62

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 11:44 am

Such a shame! Would've loved it if they toured America for one last chance before they bid farewell...
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 2:02 pm

kmorg wrote:

Iæm

What the heck is that?!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 2:05 pm

tul wrote:
Okay this doesn´t come totally unexpected. Rock´n´Rolf lost his motivation. Running Wild will play their last show on the Wacken Open Air.

www.wacken.com
R.I.P. grim reaper
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 2:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Goodbye Popeye!

I would really have liked this band if they had somebody who could sing instead of Popeye.
:dnd: :eyesore: Monty Python Running Wild RIP 130177
Back to top Go down

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 11:29 pm

Well I appreciate the music they left behind.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 11:41 pm

It is a shame that they couldn't keep up for some more years. But the time for some bands like JUDAS PRIEST and TWISTED SISTER is getting closer R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:48 am

EvyMetal wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Iæm

What the heck is that?!

That, my friend, is a typo!
Laughing very hard

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 12:46 pm

kmorg wrote:
This has been a defunt "band" for a long time. When was the last album out? 2005!!

hmmmm what would you call GnR on the same terms?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 1:25 pm

MoonChild wrote:
kmorg wrote:

GnR weren't a band during all those years. Heck, they are no longer GnR in my eyes despite what the logo on the CD says! lol!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:11 am

kmorg wrote:
MoonChild wrote:
kmorg wrote:

GnR weren't a band during all those years. Heck, they are no longer GnR in my eyes despite what the logo on the CD says! lol!

Laughing very hard R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:09 am

TheNazgul wrote:
Well I appreciate the music they left behind.
Damn straight! headbanger
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:02 am

What's even worse, their albums are expensive now. Check out Amazon and you'll see the prices used over $30. I only have Black Hand Inn ($85 used) and wanted more. Now, unless I'm really lucky I'll have to spend big bucks to get anything except the Best Of.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:09 am

DallasBlack wrote:
What's even worse, their albums are expensive now. Check out Amazon and you'll see the prices used over $30. I only have Black Hand Inn ($85 used) and wanted more. Now, unless I'm really lucky I'll have to spend big bucks to get anything except the Best Of.

DB just hope that with all things metal becoming popular again, maybe Running Wild will be reissued soon.

Last edited by manny on Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:21 am

While I think it's safe to say these guys were pretty much overlooked in the States, did they have bigger success in Europe? Are they another "Anvil story" (shoulda/coulda been bigger)?

I had a coupla of their discs at one time, but they never did much for me and went bye-bye.

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:35 pm

Must've been big somewhere, they have a load of albums out.

Wow DB you're right. The ones really worth getting, Black Hand Inn, Pile Of Skulls, Port Royal, Masquerade and Blazon Stone are pretty high. Some of those have been rereleased already.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:45 pm

A lot of their albums are still available for reasonable prises here.
They were pretty big in Europe some years ago.
Here`s a link to their albums at Play.com, shipping is included..

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/6-/Search.html?searchstring=running+wild&searchtype=cdartisttitle&searchsource=1
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:39 pm

I was surprised to hear this but kind of saw it coming since Rock N Rolf has a new band now which is kind of horrible. I would have hope that they put out one last farewell album but then again maybe its a good thing that they dont since the last couple of albums have been kind of blah. How many stories about pirates can you make up? They could have taken another direction over the years maybe that would have gotten them some more motivation but hey whatever. They have some pretty good albums and i'll remember them for what they were.

Thankfully I got their whole discography so I wont have to pay those rediculous prices. None of their albums are worth even close to those prices.

BTW Dallas I like the Sig! One of my favorite games. I tried to play it not too long ago but I guess the game broke =o(

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:47 pm

They had quite a run. The only album I ever owned was "Under Jolly Roger".
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:06 pm

I'm not too upset...they have had a really good run, they formed in what like 1977? I just wish their stuff was easier to come by. Only one I have is black hand inn.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:40 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
BTW Dallas I like the Sig! One of my favorite games. I tried to play it not too long ago but I guess the game broke =o(

Thanks, I spent hours and hours on that game when I was a kid. The artwork on it was simply outstanding for that time and it was pretty damn creepy (long before the Resident Evil games came along). Another game that was just as awesome and very similar was The Uninvited (which had one hell of a story and would make a good movie) except I actually beat Shadowgate (and last time I played-a couple of years ago-I was able to beat it in under an hour) but got stuck in the middle ot Uninvited. The sequal Shadowgate 64 was not bad but just couldn't equal the origional (too much action, not enough role playing).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:09 am

PRD: They haven't always written about pirates.

And I guess there are 2 resons this band split up:

1. Toxic Taste http://www.myspace.com/neoncityrock

2. Reunion in 5 years will amke them a lot of bucks

Running Wild RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild RIP   Running Wild RIP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Running Wild RIP
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next