Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rock Gone Wild

Go down 
+4
Metal Misfit
Shiney
Sons-Of-Vengeance
tohostudios
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Rock Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Rock Gone Wild   Rock Gone Wild Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 2:36 pm

I was just going on their site to finally order tix, and they have been announcing new bands each Tuesday. Well, today I was interested to see whom else they got, as they already have Kix, Tigertailz, Helix, Dangerous Toys [4 of my all time fav bands]and what did I see......?

Look for your self: Rock Gone Wild

Needless to say, I had to go clean myself up, then ordered VIP Tix, instead of the GA's I was gonna get. Just seeing Tigertailz finally was enough for me to drop 2 bills each!! That other band drove me to double my spending. Got 16th row - seat 1 & 2- right at the end of the runway.
Back to top Go down

Rock Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Gone Wild   Rock Gone Wild Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 2:48 pm

Sweet! Helix and Lizzy Borden at the same show? That would be awesome. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Rock Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Gone Wild   Rock Gone Wild Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 3:03 pm

Wow! What a lineup!

Hardcore Superstar, Rhino Bucket and Junkyard on one bill????

Metal novice
Metal novice
Sons-Of-Vengeance

Number of posts : 30

Rock Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Gone Wild   Rock Gone Wild Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 5:33 pm

I was going to post a comment pertaining to this event but spectefates avatar made me lose my train of thought. Too funny.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Rock Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Gone Wild   Rock Gone Wild Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 7:59 pm

GYPSY PISTOLEROS f***in' rock!!

I'm not even going and I had to clean myself off after reading that line up as well...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Rock Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Gone Wild   Rock Gone Wild Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:08 pm

Looks like an awesome event. RGW and Rocklahoma are doin' it right. Smile

Would love to go.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Rock Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Gone Wild   Rock Gone Wild Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 6:55 am

Saxon will be happier with another band just announced:

SAXON, GYPSY PISTOLEROS and CANDLEBOX have been confirmed for the inaugural Rock Gone Wild festival on August 20-23, 2009 in Algona, Iowa.

The festival billing is now shaping up as follows:

CANDLEBOX
DANGEROUS TOYS
GREAT WHITE
GYPSY PISTOLEROS
HARDCORE SUPERSTAR
HELIX
JUNKYARD
KIX
LIZZY BORDEN
PUDDLE OF MUDD
RHINO BUCKET
SAIGON KICK
SALIVA
SAXON
SKID ROW
TANTRIC
TIGERTAILZ

Rock Gone Wild marks the only festival appearance for SAIGON KICK — featuring Matt Kramer and Phil Varone — in 2009.

Rock Gone Wild will feature more than 50 bands on two stages over four days of hard rock and heavy metal. The festival promises four decades of rock n' roll debauchery at its finest!

Rock Gone Wild will take place at the Freedom Park festival grounds, located at 2507- 160th Avenue in Algona, Iowa. While Algona is a rural community, the area is close to many hotels and both the Des Moines and Minneapolis airports are easily accessible.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Rock Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Gone Wild   Rock Gone Wild Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:00 am

Whoa! Tigertailz, Saigon Kick and Kix are there too? Man, what a show!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Rock Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Gone Wild   Rock Gone Wild Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:12 am

WOOOOOOOOOT! CANDLEBOX??? F**K YEAH! 🤘

...oh, wait, he was probably referring to the fact that Saxon is playing this festival wasn't he? Never mind. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Rock Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Gone Wild   Rock Gone Wild Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:33 am

Wow! Great show. I'd love to see Dangerous Toys again. Once of my favorite bands of that genre. Saw them many years ago at a small club in Albuquerque. Great show. Kix would be great to see too.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Rock Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Gone Wild   Rock Gone Wild Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:38 am

I would love to see Saxon and Kix, I have never seen Saxon live and I have been a fan since 1985.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Rock Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Gone Wild   Rock Gone Wild Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:46 am

The one time I saw Dangerous Toys, they were boo'ed off the stage by a crowd that was waiting for Motorhead to come on after them. I felt kinda bad for DT actually!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Rock Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Gone Wild   Rock Gone Wild Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:32 am

Woops - I thought this thread was about girls gone wild!!!
Back to top Go down

Rock Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Gone Wild   Rock Gone Wild Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:47 am

Quote :
Saxon will be happier with another band just announced:

That was kinda why I started this thread bro. haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rock Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Gone Wild   Rock Gone Wild Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock Gone Wild
Page 1 of 1