Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

favorite death metal

Go down 
+29
Black Coffee
GamlaSonn
sam
ultmetal
T-Roy
Coma
7thSaviour
tohostudios
Dave the Boss
Leatherface
exact33
Metallic Blaze
DallasBlack
jay
Al.
MetalRob331
SlaytanicPOWER
Lurideath
FlyingV
scottmitchell74
mc666
Gilbert
Thrasher73
Schbopo
Required Fields
Stender
DeathCult
manny
buggie_awps
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

favorite death metal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:36 pm

I had a Edge Of Sanity CD a couple of years back. The only thing I remember is that they covered Manowar's Blood Of My Enemies on it, and tnat I wasn't very fond of it, haha.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:19 pm

Edge of Sanity is one of the best bands ever. Unorthodox is their best album to me, but I like them all. I like the cover better than the original of "Blood of My Enemies".
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:35 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
I love death metal! Some of my faves:

Pestilence
Obituary
Nile
Morbid Angel

and I also love melodic death metal:

Children of Bodom
Nightrage
Soilwork
In Flames

among many others ...
I'm with ya on this, twinzo! favorite death metal - Page 3 877540

Good to know you got my back! I got yours too ya know!

favorite death metal - Page 3 31755
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:36 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Edge of Sanity is one of the best bands ever. Unorthodox is their best album to me, but I like them all. I like the cover better than the original of "Blood of My Enemies".

I've never heard them. I'll have to check them out. I've heard 'about' them for a long time, just never forked over the dough for an album.
Back to top Go down
Coma
Metal student
Metal student
Coma

Number of posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:32 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
I had a Edge Of Sanity CD a couple of years back. The only thing I remember is that they covered Manowar's Blood Of My Enemies on it, and tnat I wasn't very fond of it, haha.

That was "The Spectral Sorrows". Not a bad album, but definitely not their best. They became more melodic on that one, but seemed to be a bit confused. It's not erratic, but as a whole, it sounds more like a collection of songs thrown together than a real album.
Back to top Go down
http://thethrashzone.byethost32.com/df-trade.html
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 7:54 pm

Coma wrote:

Fear Factory - Soul of A New Machine (not really old-school, but they don't fit elsewhere)

favorite death metal - Page 3 877540 Someone else finally mentioned this death metal classic. Unfortunatly they got lumped with all the Nu-Metal bands due to the industrial influence and lack of guitar solos.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:29 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Coma wrote:

Fear Factory - Soul of A New Machine (not really old-school, but they don't fit elsewhere)

favorite death metal - Page 3 877540 Someone else finally mentioned this death metal classic. Unfortunatly they got lumped with all the Nu-Metal bands due to the industrial influence and lack of guitar solos.

I totally agree with you! Fear Factory RULES!!! I love a little industrial with my metal, and these guys do it just right!!!

favorite death metal - Page 3 918552
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 7:21 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
I love death metal! Some of my faves:

Pestilence
Obituary
Nile
Morbid Angel

and I also love melodic death metal:

Children of Bodom
Nightrage
Soilwork
In Flames

among many others ...
I'm with ya on this, twinzo! favorite death metal - Page 3 877540

Good to know you got my back! I got yours too ya know!

favorite death metal - Page 3 31755
Damn straight, twinzo! favorite death metal - Page 3 Headbang
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 7:43 am

Coma wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:

That was "The Spectral Sorrows". Not a bad album, but definitely not their best. They became more melodic on that one, but seemed to be a bit confused. It's not erratic, but as a whole, it sounds more like a collection of songs thrown together than a real album.

Yeah, that was it. Oh well, I'm not much of a death metal fan anyway.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:47 am

Probably my favorite genre the last couple years just edging out thrash. But, these are my favorites death* bands right now.

Impending Doom
Sacrificium
Becoming The Archetype
Sympathy
Immortal Souls
Soul Embraced
Indwelling
Tortured Conscience
A Thousand Times Repent
With Blood Comes Cleansing
Metanoia
From The Shallows

* death metal is death metal. I don't discern all the sub-genres like progressive, deathcore, grindcore, or whatever. It's death metal so shut up.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:20 am

Really digging the new Scourged Flesh CD. favorite death metal - Page 3 Headbang

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:04 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Probably my favorite genre the last couple years just edging out thrash. But, these are my favorites death* bands right now.

Sympathy
Immortal Souls

I like both of these alot!!

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:41 pm

I am going to have to check out Becoming The Archetype, Spec and few others on this board seem to be huge fans of this band, and I have never heard of them.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:12 pm

manny wrote:
I am going to have to check out Becoming The Archetype, Spec and few others on this board seem to be huge fans of this band, and I have never heard of them.
Start with Terminate Damnation....a HUGE album. I didn't care for Physics of Fire but many love it. The new one, Dichotomy, is freakin' sick.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 3:59 pm

Nile have always been my favorite of genre.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:14 pm

sam wrote:
favorite death metal - Page 3 604261
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:33 pm

Manny,
I would echo T-Roy. That's my exact opinion of BTA. Terminate Damnation is simply incredible while The Physics of Fire is middling and then they pick things up again (though not quite as brilliantly as the first) with Dichotomy.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:53 pm

T-Roy wrote:

Impending Doom
Sacrificium
Becoming The Archetype
Sympathy
Immortal Souls
Soul Embraced
Indwelling
Tortured Conscience
A Thousand Times Repent
With Blood Comes Cleansing
Metanoia
From The Shallows

* death metal is death metal. I don't discern all the sub-genres like progressive, deathcore, grindcore, or whatever. It's death metal so shut up.

You've got some good stuff on your list.

I've been really curious about Soul Embraced. I really like Mindrage, and I guess it's the same guy right?
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:23 pm

Not familiar with "Mindrage" so I can't say. My favorite Soul Embraced is For The Incomplete, then Dead Alive. Immune is OKAY. The other one with the dude all ripped open on the cover I do not have yet, haven't heard anything bad about it though. Need to get that one!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:49 pm

I'd like to check out Soul Embraced! I might pick up one of their albums soon. Are they still around?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:50 pm

T-Roy have you heard Martyr's Shrine?
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:22 pm

T-Roy wrote:
sam wrote:
favorite death metal - Page 3 604261

Are you excited about there new album?!

Cause I AM!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
GamlaSonn
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:08 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Coma wrote:

Great album! I don't really see any Nu in it, except that yelling intro in "Big God - Raped Souls" which reminds me of Slipknot, overall it sounds much similar to Thrash

Coma wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:

Hms, in my opinion this is their best album. It's just a wonderful mix of brutality and melody, while being straight-forward death metal and to-the-point. Their later releases just are too proggy for me and their earlier are kinda bland DM (but i like them nontheless, it's just that Spectral Sorrows is a much more giving release to me).

The song "Jesus Cries" is just beautiful favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
GamlaSonn
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:45 pm

I might as well give some recommendations too (most has already been mentioned):

Yyrkoon
Pestilence
Blood Red Throne
Hypocrisy (Osculum Obscenum, The Fourth Dimension, Into the Abyss, Virus)
Bloodbath

Thrash/Death:

Legion of the Damned
One Man Army and the Undead Quartet
Warbringer (mostly thrash though)
Demolition Hammer

Now, if you're looking for some old pearls and like old school DM, listen to Grotesque's demo compilation (with Tomas Lindgren from at the gates, but he sounds VERY good here) and Dissection's stuff before The Somberlain (the 1991 EP and 1992 demos are on the 2006 re-issue of The Somberlain).
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:27 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
T-Roy have you heard Martyr's Shrine?
NOOOOO!?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: favorite death metal   favorite death metal - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

favorite death metal
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next