Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Toddler slapped at walmart

Go down 
+22
scottmitchell74
Mglaffas81
DeathCult
DallasBlack
kmorg
powermacho
Rex
Hamer12
MetalGuy71
mc666
spiritoradio
sam
Thrasher73
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
Stender
Shiney
tohostudios
Schbopo
SlaytanicPOWER
Troublezone
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Toddler slapped at walmart Empty
PostSubject: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:28 pm

Stranger Slapped Crying Child, Police Say

Toddler slapped at walmart 1-WS01-Roger-Stephens-160gvs090209

STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. (Sept. 2) - Police say a 61-year-old man annoyed with a crying 2-year-old girl at a suburban Atlanta Walmart slapped the child several times after warning the toddler's mother to keep her quiet.
A police report says after the stranger hit the girl at least four times, he said: "See, I told you I would shut her up."

Roger Stephens of Stone Mountain is charged with felony cruelty to children. It was unclear if he had an attorney and a telephone call to his home Wednesday was unanswered.
Authorities say the girl and her mother were shopping Monday when the toddler began crying. The police report says Stephens approached the mother and said, "If you don't shut that baby up, I will shut her up for you."
Authorities say Stephens then grabbed the 2-year-old and slapped her. The child began screaming and Stephens was arrested. Police say an examination showed the girl's face was slightly red.
A call to the girl's mother, identified in the police report as Sonya Mathews of Grayson, was answered by a woman who identified herself as Sabrina Mathis, the victim's aunt.
Mathis said Wednesday that the girl is doing fine.
"As of today, she has really forgotten about it," Mathis said. "She's been playing."
Mathis said the girl's mother was shaken up over the incident.
"She's as well as to be expected," Mathis said. "Right now she's just trying to calm down."
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:57 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Stranger Slapped Crying Child, Police Say

STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. (Sept. 2) - Police say a 61-year-old man annoyed with a crying 2-year-old girl at a suburban Atlanta Walmart slapped the child several times after warning the toddler's mother to keep her quiet.
A police report says after the stranger hit the girl at least four times, he said: "See, I told you I would shut her up."

Roger Stephens of Stone Mountain is charged with felony cruelty to children. It was unclear if he had an attorney and a telephone call to his home Wednesday was unanswered.
Authorities say the girl and her mother were shopping Monday when the toddler began crying. The police report says Stephens approached the mother and said, "If you don't shut that baby up, I will shut her up for you."
Authorities say Stephens then grabbed the 2-year-old and slapped her. The child began screaming and Stephens was arrested. Police say an examination showed the girl's face was slightly red.
A call to the girl's mother, identified in the police report as Sonya Mathews of Grayson, was answered by a woman who identified herself as Sabrina Mathis, the victim's aunt.
Mathis said Wednesday that the girl is doing fine.
"As of today, she has really forgotten about it," Mathis said. "She's been playing."
Mathis said the girl's mother was shaken up over the incident.
"She's as well as to be expected," Mathis said. "Right now she's just trying to calm down."

If I was MADDOX I would have said he should have slapped the mom and drop kicked the baby.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 7:01 pm

That guy looks like he just crapped his pants.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 7:41 pm

I read about this earlier today.

While I certainly can empathize with the guy, I surely can't sympathize with him. Normal human beings have more self control than that.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:33 pm

I'll tell you what...I work in reatil and it BAFFLES me the number of people who don't or cannot control their kids....Let them wander around,,,damaging good, screaming for no reason...and just turn a blind eye.

This guy should not have slapped the child...He should have leaned into the chlds face and screamed SHUT UP!!! and I bet the kid would have shut up...and you can't be arrested for yelling in someones face....It just makes you an sfincter....and I can totally get behind that.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:35 pm

he looks like an old pissed off fat freddy.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:44 pm

Stender wrote:

Gee, thanks. Rolling Eyes

I heard this story earlier today as well. I can understand how people might WANT to smack someone else's kid in a store (especially if they're really frickin asking for it and the parents are doing nothing about it) but anyone with a lick of common sense will know you shouldn't!!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Stender wrote:

Gee, thanks. Rolling Eyes

I heard this story earlier today as well. I can understand how people might WANT to smack someone else's kid in a store (especially if they're really frickin asking for it and the parents are doing nothing about it) but anyone with a lick of common sense will know you shouldn't!!!!

You know I'm kidding. Razz
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:09 pm

If a man would ever lay a hand on my son, He wouldn't be the only one arrested.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:46 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
If a man would ever lay a hand on my son, He wouldn't be the only one arrested.

Thats my thoughts exactly.

I understand the whole thing of parents making children mind and behave in public.Lord knows I try with mine.But you gotta ask yourself in this case,Who was the bigger baby?The crying 2 yr old or the 61 year old man who couldnt control his actions.Hmmm
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:14 pm

What a dipwad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:31 pm

Troublezone wrote:

This guy

s just looks like the kind of guy who goes to places like Wal-Mart and the superrkeket/grocery store just looking for a kid or parent to yell at or slap. This is the kind of guy that complains about the free food samples; how there isn't enough or this doesn't taste good, but I'm going to take the rest of whatever is on your serving tray.
Toddler slapped at walmart 875605
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:43 am

i've often wanted to do this sort of thing, when the parents fail to control their children. however, i believe it would make more sense to slap the parent until they disipline the child themselves.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:48 am

I have mixed feelings about this whole thing... I definately see those types of children at the stores "all the time" and their (push over/wimp) parents. I would love to yell at them too sometimes but to physically attack a little child that is raised without disclipine is not the right thing to do. I agree with mc666 about confronting or attacking the parents before i would lay a finger on a little kid.
This guy is a cranky, grumpy old coot without self control. And even if you took his side from this, think about if it were your kid and then suddenly it changes everything. I would push his nose through the other side of his head! Smile
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 8:22 am

My boys are 11 and 6, And were raised well from the beginning...I can honestly say they have NEVER screamed or acted heathenesque in public...not even very often at home....ThIS behaviour falls squarely on the parents or lack there of...too busy yapping on their cells to mind the children...or using the "counting" method of time out bullspit, which is the dumbest thing ever... just ignorant...You need a license to own a dog but any butthole can make a baby.....

This coot was wrong to slap the kid....The parent was wrong as well....But now She'll be all over TODAY with her waterheaded cracker spawn, tearfully retelling her tale about the "evil monster" who attacked her kid...SHUT UP....Maybe if you have dealt a little discipline at home it wouldnt have happened. I wanna wring kids' necks all day....watchin' the little mouthbreathers poking holes in bread....running into people...screaming and being bratty. I don't do it...But hell, I'd like to.

So yeah, he was wrong. Is he a fiend> I doubt it...Probably a crusty cranky old guy who was dragged there by his wife and already miserable and the screaming whelp was just the rotten cherry on top of his sundae of misery and he lost it a bit.

Yup...my incredibly un-PC 2 cents....

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:08 am

I know of plenty adults that could use a good beatin'.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:12 am

Quote :
slapped the child several times after warning the toddler's mother to keep her quiet.

If somebody ever tried this with one of my kids, there is no way he would've gotten "several" slaps in. Hell, he probably wouldn't even get one... if he made a move toward my kid I'd put him in the hospital.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:20 am

Shiney wrote:
....It just makes you an sphincter....and I can totally get behind that.

Laughing very hard Great pun !
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:24 am

I will agree with Shiney, my girls never ever were/are a problem in public or at home as far as pitching a fit goes, they know better. I'll also agree with Freddy, you so much as make a move towards my kids, you will be in the ICU for a very long time!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:46 am

All I can say is you people are lucky as HELL to have children that never throw/threw fits at home or anywhere. Your kids obviously aren't as strong willed as my kid is. And yes, we discipline and do not hold back and are NOT "push over/wimp" parents whatsoever. We've tried everything. But when that fit comes......it comes. So keep on talking big like y'all are the be all end all of parenting and assume that just cuz a kid throws a fit or screams its because the parents don't do any kind of discipline. Keep on turning your noses up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:51 am

Toddler slapped at walmart Chris_rock_178772m

"Now I'm not sayin' he shoulda hit him...but I understand!"
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:57 am

Quote :
But when that fit comes......it comes. So keep on talking big like y'all are the be all end all of parenting and assume that just cuz a kid throws a fit or screams its because the parents don't do any kind of discipline.

Too true.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:00 pm

Rex wrote:
All I can say is you people are lucky as HELL to have children that never throw/threw fits at home or anywhere. Your kids obviously aren't as strong willed as my kid is. And yes, we discipline and do not hold back and are NOT "push over/wimp" parents whatsoever. We've tried everything. But when that fit comes......it comes. So keep on talking big like y'all are the be all end all of parenting and assume that just cuz a kid throws a fit or screams its because the parents don't do any kind of discipline. Keep on turning your noses up.

The man has a point.

On the other hand, when I was very small I threw a fit in a store once (because I'd seen another kid do it and he got whatever it was he was screaming for just so he'd shut up) ... and when we got back out to the car, my Mom beat the ever lovin' crap outta me. I learned my lesson that day.

...of course, if you try that tactic today, someone in the parking lot will take a picture with their cell phone camera, forward it to the police, and they'd be there to take you into custody before you even get your car key in the ignition.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:04 pm

Rex wrote:

There are exceptions to the rule. Some kids are out of control despite discipline.

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:13 pm

Quote :
...of course, if you try that tactic today, someone in the parking lot will take a picture with their cell phone camera, forward it to the police, and they'd be there to take you into custody before you even get your car key in the ignition.

Sorta like this?

Toddler slapped at walmart Wtfmama

PostSubject: Re: Toddler slapped at walmart   Toddler slapped at walmart Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toddler slapped at walmart
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next