Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?

Go down 
+21
QuothTheRaven
Wurthless
DallasBlack
MetalH
manny
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Hadley
jstate
EvyMetal
kmorg
DeathCult
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
exact33
GrandNational
The_Jayroh
stevegarveyfan
Required Fields
mc666
Troublezone
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Empty
PostSubject: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 8:40 pm

The other day I found the soundtrack to "The Decline of Western Civilization" movie. It was sticking out like a sore thumb in their pathetic CD section. There's a few cool tracks on it... like Metal Church's The Brave and a song from Rigor Mortis. And of coarse, Megadeth's In My Darkest Hour (original mix).

I guess you never know what you might find... even at Walmart.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 9:08 pm

i honestly don't think i've ever looked through the music section at Walmart. Very Happy

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 9:30 pm

mc666 wrote:
i honestly don't think i've ever looked through the music section at Walmart. Very Happy

How about Target? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28447

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:21 pm

I remember being surprised to see Cannibal Corpse - Evisceration Plague there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:54 pm

I remember seeing Forbidden's Twisted Into Form many years ago.
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 11:18 pm

I found Unearth's In the Eyes of Fire there for cheap, which is how I was introduced to Unearth. I don't see too much odd in the way of heavy metal around here though. There's tons of weird country/gospel floating around though. I might have to make a trip to the cds next time I'm there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 pm

DB has probably seen some odd metal albums there. I think the last time I was inside a Walmart was a good 5 or so years ago.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:17 am

I dont really shop walmart. Its a scary place.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:26 am

I bought Iced Earth's FRAMING ARMAGEDDON at a Wal-Mart years back. I remember being quite surprised to find something so "specialized" in their dinky little CD department.

Of course, since then their selection has only gotten worse so I'm not expecting to find I.E.'s new album there anytime soon.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:05 am

Frontiers Records releases have been showing up in my Walmart for the last 6 months...not the obscure stuff, but the Whitesnake, Night Ranger, Sebastian Bach, etc...all for $10 each...

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:23 am

I saw Kill 'Em All in there once, years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:54 am

Troublezone wrote:
The other day I found the soundtrack to "The Decline of Western Civilization" movie. It was sticking out like a sore thumb in their pathetic CD section. There's a few cool tracks on it... like Metal Church's The Brave and a song from Rigor Mortis. And of coarse, Megadeth's In My Darkest Hour (original mix).

How much? Cool

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 1:18 pm

I saw Nazareth's Hair of The Dog for six dollars a few years back.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 5:49 pm

I picked up Keel's Larger Than Live for 3.00. At another I saw Helix's Half Alive for that same price but I was in a hurry and couldn't wait in never ending line.

My local Walmart had the Decline Part 2 soundtrack for seven.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 6:17 pm

The new Amon Amarth album. Who knew that Mississippi had so many fans of viking metal? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18939

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:41 am

When I was in high school, I saw a couple of copies of King Diamond's Them. I've also bought an Iron Maiden tribute record that had tons of death metal bands on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:45 am

kmorg wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

How much? Cool

It was 7

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:47 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Frontiers Records releases have been showing up in my Walmart for the last 6 months...not the obscure stuff, but the Whitesnake, Night Ranger, Sebastian Bach, etc...all for $10 each...

Yeah, I got the new Sebastian Bach album there for $10.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:49 am

A long time ago, I saw Mortification's (the best of 5 years) CD at Walmart.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 9:49 am

mc666 wrote:

Not surprising. Their selection of Anal C*nt albums has been dismal at best.Wink

I don't recall seeing much of interest in my local Walmart, but I've only looked there in the last 3 years or so. Before my kids were born, I hardly stepped foot in there. By that time, music sales were already heading down the crapper, so their selections were limited. Nowadays, it's mostly stocked with greatest hits comps or gospel and latino music.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:04 am

Quote :
Nowadays, it's mostly stocked with greatest hits comps or gospel and latino music.

Or EDITED versions of current, trendy albums...

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:06 am

I rarely step foot inside the story and when I do I usually just look at their $5 disc bin.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:08 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Not surprising. Their selection of Anal C*nt albums has been dismal at best.Wink
the only Anal C*nt you're gonna find at Walmart are the employees. Razz

MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:00 pm

Six to eight years ago, they actually had a pretty decent selection. The music section used to be pretty big. They had quite a few good metal albums. I don't typically shop at Wal-mart, but the last time I was in I browsed the music section and the selection was terrible.

Speaking of selection, over the last year it seems like Best Buy is really starting to phase out their CD's. We have three Best Buy's in town. The two newer ones are smaller and have always had a crappy selection. The older one had a great big selection which they've moved around twenty times and condensed the space. Not even worth going to browse any more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:03 pm

MetalH wrote:
Speaking of selection, over the last year it seems like Best Buy is really starting to phase out their CD's. We have three Best Buy's in town. The two newer ones are smaller and have always had a crappy selection. The older one had a great big selection which they've moved around twenty times and condensed the space. Not even worth going to browse any more.

Even our older Best Buys have done remodeling and have just as much a small, crappy selection as the newer ones. I only go to BB is it's a more well known metal band (like the last Dream Theater, Alice Cooper, and Anthrax albums).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?   What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the oddest album you've seen at Walmart?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next