Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze...

Go down 
+6
Shiney
Thrasher73
arttieTHE1manparty
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
rattpoison
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze...   Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 6:41 pm

Shiney will do...

My biggest complaint about Joker Five Speed is half the time the singer sounds like he's trying to be Gene Simmons, who I really can't stand, even in his own band! Don't need a wannabe fronting a sleaze band!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze...   Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 6:25 am

Wow..Artie..I thought the same thing..JOKER FIVE SPEED were so good but he vox were bit..eh?

Eyesore...thanks for the mp3 offer but I am geek nd prefer "tangible origial "real" cds"...I know you understand...

PostSubject: Re: Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze...   Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 11:16 am

Shiney wrote:
Eyesore...thanks for the mp3 offer but I am geek nd prefer "tangible origial "real" cds"...I know you understand...
Oh, I'm the same way, but in the interim I don't mind MP3s when it comes to CDs that are hard to find (in general or cheap).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze...   Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 3:58 pm

CRASHDIET - RIOT IN EVERYONE (Live, new singer)

Man, that song is so killer! I can't stop listening to this CD. I really need a hard copy of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze...   Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 8:42 am

I just bought Lit Up/ Let Down. It has a couple good songs on it, but I think these new sleaze bands need some time to mature a bit... in songwriting, that is. None of the stuff I've heard from VoJ, Crashdiet, or anyone else is as good as classic sleaze stuff like Faster Pussycat was doing on their first album, imo.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze...   Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 10:46 am

Apparently Vains of Jenna are gonna be opening some shows on the Poison/Ratt tour in the U.S. this summer, White Lion were supposed to be the third band but it seems that Mike Tramp and Vito Bratta are in the midst of a legal battle over the use of the "White Lion" name (as White Lion right now is just Tramp and a bunch of ringers) so they were bounced from the tour. Bad for Tramp, good for V.O.J. I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze...   Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 7:18 pm

So, since I started this thread I've found myself immersed in a ton of great bands. I did the whole networking thing from suggestions here and then just jumping from band connections and such. Anyway, here are some bands not mentioned here yet, that I think are really good!

GEMINI FIVE

I stumbled upon these guys from the whole Crashdiet/Hardcore Superstar connection. I'd never heard them before. I managed to score a copy of Babylon Rockets from eBay for $1.80 (plus S&H). It's a killer album! It's got more of a modern sleaze vibe. Clearly a nod to the old school, but with a modern take. I'm definitely impressed. Here are some videos for those unfamiliar (which is likely just me—haha!):

BABYLON ROCKETS
WHEN THE BODY SPEAKS
BLACK ANTHEM

THE FLAIRS

This band was just a random buy in Boston. Thier Shut Up And Drive album was $4 and it looked like a punkish rock album, and that's exactly what it turned out to be. Three girls, one dude. Very similar to Slunt, although a bit more on the pop punk side. Still very good, though; and they do a nice version of "18 & LIfe," though the singer doesn't have enough power to really belt out the good parts. Not bad, though. Definitely a solid band. I just got thier EP in the mail through eBay, too.

SORRY 4 LOVIN' YOU
18 & LIFE (Skid Row cover)

ANYONE

Shiney's not a fan. He thinks they sound like Jane's Addiction. I think Jane's Addition is fairly craptastic. Anyone is much better than that! Haha. Seriously, I never heard a similarity musically, but I can definitely hear a vocal similarity between the two. Anyway, Anyone is something of a modern alternative glam rock band, I guess. Very trippy and weird lyrically and visually. I think they're an outstanding band. Check them out:

DON'T WAKE ME
ELECTRONIC PRESS KIT

TOWERS OF LONDON

I originally thought these guys were a electro-pop band, for some reason. I remember making fun of my friend when he'd said he liked them. Wish he'd told me what kind of band they were then! Haha. Anyway, they're a very punk-oriented sleaze band. They have that sarcastic British punk thing down perfect. They also apparently like to fight people.

I'M A RAT
AIR GUITAR
ON A NOOSE
HOW RUDE SHE WAS
FIGHT #1
FIGHT #2 (Awesome!)
FIGHT #3 (featuring a nice booby)
FIGHT #4

Diggit!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze...   Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 10:58 pm

I heard Mick Mars is writing songs with the Crashdiet guys
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze...   Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 4:44 am

Some newer sleazy band discoveries I have made:

DIRTY POWER- nice heavy grime metal.....

BANG THE UNION (Locky put them on my comp...no frill AC/DCish rawk!)

HORSE LONDON- rare sleaze from 1989.....

PostSubject: Re: Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze...   Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 9:00 pm

Anyone into Frankenstein Drag Queens From Planet 13, Murderdolls, Wednesday 13? I think Murderdolls and Wednesday 13 are excellent. Frankenstein Drag Queens From Planet 13 are really good, but kind of miss the mark sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze...   Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 12:17 pm

I love WEDNESDAY 13....never really heard the others..I know MURDERDOLLS featured Mr. Mid-week...but I never checked them out...

I saw WEDNESDAY open for ALICE COOPER last fall....awesome!!!

PostSubject: Re: Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze...   Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 1:15 pm

Frankenstein Drag Queens From Planet 13 also features Mr. Mid-Week (it took me way to long to figure that out!). If you like Wednesday 13, both are worth checking out:

http://www.myspace.com/officialfdq
http://www.myspace.com/murderdolls19766
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze...   Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 1:21 pm

Wednesday 13's FANG BANG and TRANSYLVANIA 90210 CDs kick ass. Kinda like what the Misfits would have sounded like if they came from L.A. and played sleaze metal. Very cool stuff. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze...   Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 1:45 pm

Killer live band!!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze...   Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:11 pm

Bumping for some VoJ news for those that care...

Quote :

Swedish rock band VAINS of JENNA seek new vocalist.

In a statement to management and the band - lead singer Lizzy DeVine has officially left the group.

“The last 5 years with this band has been the best years of my life. It's with a tear in my eye, but a whole lot of love and respect for the band, manager, endorsers and fans all over the world, I announce that I'm no longer the lead singer/front man of VAINS OF JENNA. It's been a crazy ride. And I've loved every second of it. But now I must move on and let the band grow. I've done more with this band than I could ever have dreamed of but now it's time for new adventures! I love all of you.” Lizzy DeVine

VAINS of JENNA comprised of lead guitarist and main song writer Nicki Kin (Age 23), bassist JP White (26) and drummer Jacki Stone (23) embrace this change with the following statement. “We have always been a family and have supported each other through the good times and the bad. Today we support and respect Lizzy's choice. We wish him all the best in the future and we part ways as friends. To our fans and friends everywhere, we are as shocked at this development as the rest of you. But we are real, committed to our music and will go forward. We have been honored by all of your support over the years and cannot express enough our regrets to bring this news. But this is reality and we accept the challenge.”

VAINS of JENNA formed in 2005 in Falkenberg Sweden. They have been featured internationally on TV and radio, appeared in hundreds of print articles and performed over 400 shows in a dozen countries. The band was originally signed by MTV star BAM MARGERA (Jackass/Viva La Bam) to Filthy Note/Universal in 2006. Soon followed major North America tours with Poison, Ratt & GWAR in 2007. They returned to Europe in 2008 and toured ITALY, ENGLAND & SWEDEN which included the Mega Festival SWEDEN ROCK. In the summer of 2009 the band was back in Los Angeles to release “The Art of Telling Lies” (RLS/RAW NOIZE) which received 5 star reviews around the globe. Since inception VAINS of JENNA have continuously drawn comparisons to legendary groups like Aerosmith, Guns N’ Roses and Hanoi Rocks.

“We are seeking a young, hungry, aggressive, dedicated, fresh face and voice to front our band. Someone who is one of us. If you think you’re the guy for the job – then step to the plate now.” Nicki, JP & Jacki

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17153

PostSubject: Re: Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze...   Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:55 pm

They should change the name to "Veins of Jenna".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze...   Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vains Of Jenna—And Other Sleaze...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2