Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!

Go down 
+9
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
Troublezone
Coma
Cliffy
Ben Grimm
mc666
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
13 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Empty
PostSubject: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:17 pm

Damn.... This was great!

PostSubject: Re: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:19 pm

I like Ripper, but he's a bit tiresome to listen to. The music is just loud enough to cover his vocals.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:19 pm

I think I posted this clip on my Facebook awhile back... or maybe it was Ripper's rendition of Annihilator's "Alice In Hell" ... either way, his appearances were the highlights of that concert/DVD from what I've seen...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:42 pm

His stage pressence is horrible. If it wasn't for his singing he'd be nobody.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:00 pm

i always thought he had a great upper register. it is his mid range i'm not all that crazy about. good cover though.

Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 1:19 am

I wish that this cover and Alice in Hell would have been put on his solo album
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:15 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

ditto

PostSubject: Re: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:10 am

I hate all that shadowboxing he does...looks stupid.
Back to top Go down
Coma
Metal student
Metal student
Coma

Number of posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:26 am

Isn't this like saying "if it wasn't for his guitar playing he'd be nobody" when speaking of let's say, Marty Friedman or Kirk Hammett?

He's a singer, I hope his first quality is singing. ;-)

That being said, I'm not a fan of Ripper too. I remember being pissed when he joined Iced Earth because his style just didn't fit with the band. They had already released a weak album with "Horror Show", I just couldn't see how they could win me back with Ripper on board. His voice is more suited for a band like Judas Priest. As for his stage presence, in this particular video, well I've seen worse. A lot worse!
Back to top Go down
http://thethrashzone.byethost32.com/df-trade.html
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:39 am

I think Tim is a good vocalist but he isn't an innovator he's more immitator. Not that anything is wrong with that but he isn't very original with the music he puts together. That being said... i thought his time with Priest was well spent.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:45 am

Sounded pretty darn good to me.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:16 am

I thought I posted this here months ago.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:51 am

Coma wrote:

Isn't this like saying "if it wasn't for his guitar playing he'd be nobody" when speaking of let's say, Marty Friedman or Kirk Hammett?

He's a singer, I hope his first quality is singing. ;-)

That being said, I'm not a fan of Ripper too. I remember being pissed when he joined Iced Earth because his style just didn't fit with the band. They had already released a weak album with "Horror Show", I just couldn't see how they could win me back with Ripper on board. His voice is more suited for a band like Judas Priest. As for his stage presence, in this particular video, well I've seen worse. A lot worse!

Haha yea you could say that. I just meant that he's an awesome singer, and from interviews ive read or seen of him he's a nice guy, but he always wears his hat and doesnt really do anything except sing. which yes thats what he's suppose to do, but hes a front man and should add a little more something to his act.

He's up there in with my favorite singers and im glad hes out of priest cause his other projects have been better than the priest albums he was on.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:51 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

I did a search it didnt come up unless you put it under something else.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:56 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I think I posted this clip on my Facebook awhile back... or maybe it was Ripper's rendition of Annihilator's "Alice In Hell" ... either way, his appearances were the highlights of that concert/DVD from what I've seen...

Both was posted here before, and *i think PRD started that thread too! Laughing very hard

Anyway, they do awesome versions of Abigail and Alice in Hell.

PostSubject: Re: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:22 pm

I love his voice and he does a great job on that song. The Glorious Burden is my second favorite Iced Earth album so I think he fit them well.
He seems heavier then when he was with IE.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:26 pm

kmorg wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Both was posted here before, and *i think PRD started that thread too! Laughing very hard

Anyway, they do awesome versions of Abigail and Alice in Hell.

haha its possible my memory isn't what it used to be.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:42 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

I did a search it didnt come up unless you put it under something else.

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/i-haven-t-heard-ripper-sing-this-well-in-quite-a-while-t9551.htm#231723
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Apparently my memory is shot to heck too! Laughing

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 1:10 pm

I do remember Temple posting it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:42 am

I think ABIGAIL is one hell of an album. But i think it only suits King Diamond's vocals.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:49 pm

Awesome! I wish I could do a falsetto half that good but I can't reach notes that high witout sounding terrible or my voice breaking.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:56 pm

Good cover, but I really dont like it when people cover King's vocals for whatever reason. Although, Ripper does do a good job there, but he sounds EXACTLY like I expect him too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!   TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TIm Ripper Owens Covers King Diamonds Abigail! Awesome!
Page 1 of 1