Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?

Go down 
+8
mr.electric39
Addy
thejokeriv
Sutekh
MetalFRO
ultmetal
kmorg
Cliffy
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
kethdredd wrote:
Interesting, I wonder how Retroactive got the rights from Enigma for this one...

Enigma Records has been outta business since the early 90s, so maybe the rights for the album finally reverted back to the band?

The band had re-issued this disc already in 1996 under the "G-Man Records" label name. I'm guessing they owned the rights at that point, so this is probably not an issue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:44 pm

I'm really looking forward to this!

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 7:11 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Really hate those cheap digis with the rubber knob though. Seems this new Guardian reissue will have the same "green" packaging. Grrrr!!!

No...it's a four panel digi with the full standard digi cd holder. There will never be another 4 panel digi with the rubber knob on Retroactive (the Stryken showcased the error of that).

My remaster came out fantastic and Rex's cover art is everything the original should have been. You all will dig it.

mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 1:45 pm

James B. wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I've always loved this era of Guardian. The Jamie Rowe stuff is good too, but there was something special about this album. It has that Dokken-ish, LA metal sound but it also possesses a unique quality and some very hooky songs.

The early era Guardian/Fusion/Voyager stuff is imo their better material... I'm probably just spoiled because that's how I saw Guardian... Saw 'em at HIS festival/ Metal Mardi Gras/ and a show in Oakland CA with Deliverance/Solider/Crossforce.... All in armor.... Then I saw 'em again on the 'First Watch' tour it was good, no armor tho..... I always loved the armor....

When Jamie came in after Paul left, I liked 'Power of Love' but it was different.... still good... That older stuff just ROCKED....

Happy

I don't think Gardian played at a His Festival. You are thinking of perhaps Metal MIdnite. (I could be mistaken) Anyways, the armor was cheesy but the band was great onstage. They got better when Tony joined. Another band (in a long line of many) that I auditioned for and "almost" got the gig. Oh well.

can't wait to hear what Cliffy does

I can never keep the Metal Midnights and HIS Festival straight. The first of the Keith Miles shows that was in Riverside at an old Movie Theater. It was about 200 degrees and it was a full lineup.
Guardian, Barren Cross, Eternal Ryte, Deliverance, Messiah Prophet, Soldier (who I was working for along with the White Throne Magazine guys), Holy Right, Contagious and a couple of others... that I can't remember who...

Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? - Page 2 31755
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2