Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?

Go down 
+8
mr.electric39
Addy
thejokeriv
Sutekh
MetalFRO
ultmetal
kmorg
Cliffy
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:18 pm

I'm lookin' for either one...need 'em as 320 kbps quality mp3s.

cliffenstein@gmail.com

Thanks to anyone who has 'em and is willing to share.

later...Cliffy

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:27 pm

I have California Metal somewhere. Let me find it for you.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:31 pm

Oh, that's right. I have the Guardian one too! Laughing

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:33 pm

Rock on...feel free to send 'em both if you're up for it!

Cliffy

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 2:01 pm

CD arrive Cliffy?

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 2:11 pm

Not yet, man.

Cliffy

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 2:21 pm

Ok. Should be there soon. Mailed it last week on Thursday I believe. Should be perfect direct disc-at-once burn. The CD version of First Watch has two tracks that were not on the vinyl/tape versions.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 3:27 pm

Yeah, ult...we're doin' all those tracks, plus the two from California Metal...just keepin' it really clean and pretty (you know the way I do stuff). Really wanna make this a worthwhile purchase for the old school fans.

MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 3:59 pm

I'd love a remaster of the Kingdom of Rock version of "Voyager" - that song FREAKING RULES! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 6:24 am

Guardian remastered? scratch

AWESOME!!! Note to self: pay attention regarding favourite bands....
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:55 am

Sutekh wrote:
Guardian remastered? scratch

AWESOME!!! Note to self: pay attention regarding favourite bands....

Correct...the entire First Watch compact disc (with cd bonus tracks) along with the two excellent numbers from California Metal. Remastered by me (don't worry, I'm very good at it...it will be very well done) and released on the Retroactive Record label in the next few months.

later...Cliffy

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:39 am

I've always loved this era of Guardian. The Jamie Rowe stuff is good too, but there was something special about this album. It has that Dokken-ish, LA metal sound but it also possesses a unique quality and some very hooky songs.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:26 am

Cliffy - since you are mastering it and I am familar with your work (Y&BA,Intense Defense, HITS), it pretty much makes this a must buy
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:49 am

ultmetal wrote:
I've always loved this era of Guardian. The Jamie Rowe stuff is good too, but there was something special about this album. It has that Dokken-ish, LA metal sound but it also possesses a unique quality and some very hooky songs.

AMEN!! First Watch made me a fan, and nothing they ever did after that was the same, imo.

Since I helped out with this, do I get a thank-you in the liner notes? lol!

Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:57 pm

I will be first in line to buy this!!!! "First Watch" was my very first introduction to Christian metal, and now I own an original cassette, vinyl, and CD copy, as well as the G-man 1996 re-issue. I look forward to hearing a re-master!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:59 pm

Really hate those cheap digis with the rubber knob though. Seems this new Guardian reissue will have the same "green" packaging. Grrrr!!!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:33 pm

I have it on CD (the first one)
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:47 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Really hate those cheap digis with the rubber knob though. Seems this new Guardian reissue will have the same "green" packaging. Grrrr!!!

Ditto -much prefer the standard jewelcase. No worries, Cliffy -I love your work!

🤘
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 2:55 am

ultmetal wrote:

The early era Guardian/Fusion/Voyager stuff is imo their better material... I'm probably just spoiled because that's how I saw Guardian... Saw 'em at HIS festival/ Metal Mardi Gras/ and a show in Oakland CA with Deliverance/Solider/Crossforce.... All in armor.... Then I saw 'em again on the 'First Watch' tour it was good, no armor tho..... I always loved the armor....

When Jamie came in after Paul left, I liked 'Power of Love' but it was different.... still good... That older stuff just ROCKED....

Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 5:02 am

Interesting, I wonder how Retroactive got the rights from Enigma for this one...
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:34 am

Apparently this is coming out in November.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:01 am

kethdredd wrote:
Interesting, I wonder how Retroactive got the rights from Enigma for this one...

Enigma Records has been outta business since the early 90s, so maybe the rights for the album finally reverted back to the band?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:38 am

mr.electric39 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

The early era Guardian/Fusion/Voyager stuff is imo their better material... I'm probably just spoiled because that's how I saw Guardian... Saw 'em at HIS festival/ Metal Mardi Gras/ and a show in Oakland CA with Deliverance/Solider/Crossforce.... All in armor.... Then I saw 'em again on the 'First Watch' tour it was good, no armor tho..... I always loved the armor....

When Jamie came in after Paul left, I liked 'Power of Love' but it was different.... still good... That older stuff just ROCKED....

Happy

I don't think Gardian played at a His Festival. You are thinking of perhaps Metal MIdnite. (I could be mistaken) Anyways, the armor was cheesy but the band was great onstage. They got better when Tony joined. Another band (in a long line of many) that I auditioned for and "almost" got the gig. Oh well.

can't wait to hear what Cliffy does

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:02 am

Added this 20th Anniversary Edition to Firestream
http://firestreamvault.com/main/index.php?go=showitem&item_id=10740&cat_id=46

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:35 pm

ultmetal wrote:

THis one will be a 4 panel digi (2 front, 2 back) BUT it will have a cd tray and NOT the rubber knob!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?   Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone have the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation or GUARDIAN KINGDOM OF ROCK cd?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next