Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Local bands...

Go down 
+22
bgast1
Sons-Of-Vengeance
mc666
325ad
Troublezone
metalheaded
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
Schbopo
Stender
stevegarveyfan
manny
James B.
MetalGuy71
Glenn Rogers
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
powermacho
thejokeriv
kmorg
Addy
ultmetal
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Local bands... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:09 am

ultmetal wrote:
powermacho wrote:
Local bands that are not famous here on NJ.
I must say that I went once to a rehearsal of a local band called TOMORROW LEADS TO NOTHING. they are a modern rock/metal band, and I liked what I heard. The guitar player liked 80's metal, and he was into DIO. So his solos and guitar playing were very old school.
There is also a band called Martyr(thrash-NY) that has opened on some known bands that are very good. They have some demos out, but not an whole album.

Ahhh, NJ. Growing up, TWISTED SISTER were a popular club band there. HEATHEN'S RAGE as well were quite popular in the early 80's.

Another band from Jersey I was into was FAUST. A local thrash band from the late 80's.

Isn't Faith or Fear from Jersey too?
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 1:06 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:
I loved Consecrator. They weren't EXACTLY local, but I live in a tiny town, and there were no bands. But Wichita Falls is pretty close, and I used to go down to see Consecrator and The Persecuted and hang out with 'em some. It was great, and I loved hangin' out with those guys.

And then in OKC there was Eternal Decision and Treacherous Death (which became Obliteration and then Death List). In Dallas we had Oblation, Disencumbrance and Embodyment, as well as some non-metal acts whose names elude me.

In Sherman/Denison, TX we had Sovereign Steel.

What he said though I'll throw in several more, Forte', Oliver Magnum, The Nixons, Hinder ( I hate them but they are from OKC ), All American Rejects, Shiny Toy Guns, The Flaming Lips, The Chainsaw Kittens, All Hail the Blessed Hour, Broken Flesh, Within the Torn Apart, All From Oklahoma or have ties to local scene.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 2:59 pm

Is it just me or do some local bands have the worst names ever? I'm sure there's a band called "Ruckus" or "Rampage" in every city in America. Smile Nothing makes me not want to listen to your band more than replacing a "S" with a "Z" in your band name such as "The Rockerz" or deliberately misspelling your band name like "Genocyde" or "WyldSyde".
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 6:55 pm

detuned wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Did Fatal Force ever put anything out?

6 song EP, cassette only release, produced by Glenn Evans of Nuclear Assault.

Do you have this? Do you have it in digital format?

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 7:27 pm

ultmetal wrote:
powermacho wrote:
I must say that I went once to a rehearsal of a local band called TOMORROW LEADS TO NOTHING. they are a modern rock/metal band, and I liked what I heard. The guitar player liked 80's metal, and he was into DIO. So his solos and guitar playing were very old school.
There is also a band called Martyr(thrash-NY) that has opened on some known bands that are very good. They have some demos out, but not an whole album.

Ahhh, NJ. Growing up, TWISTED SISTER were a popular club band there. HEATHEN'S RAGE as well were quite popular in the early 80's.

Another band from Jersey I was into was FAUST. A local thrash band from the late 80's.
i can't even mention my childhood in NJ, without mentioning Glenn Danzig. i grew up with the Misfits, Samhain, & Danzig.

Sons-Of-Vengeance
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sons-Of-Vengeance

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 11:47 am

In the 80's: BREAKER, SHOK PARIS, L.O.U.D, PURGATORY, MISTREATER, DESTRUCTOR and U.S. STEEL.

In the 90's: SPUDMONSTERS, HOSTILE AMISH

In the 2000's: CRYPTKICKER, BEYOND FEAR, CHIMAIRA, MUSHROOMHEAD, H.A.T.E. and DANCE ON FIRE.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:15 pm

Man, all I can say is that I really missed out because of getting wrapped up in all of that 'Rock n Roll' is evil days that the conservative church was going through at the time.

The extent that I ever got to take part in this was back in the late '60's, very early '70's and I don't remember the names of the local bands back then. I remember the club I went to though was called 'The Vision' and there was one other. I wasn't old enough to go to the clubs that served alcohol yet.

Beyond that, I was priveledged to attend an Ultimatum rehersal a few years ago. That was fantastic. An experience that I will never forget. I was planning on getting back there this September for my 40th high school reunion but, my Federal Grand Jury duty got extended and I won't be able to attend. So, Ultmetal if you guys are still playing when I get back to Albuquerque, if you aren't playing in a club perhaps I could see you guys again?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:47 pm

Well, for the most part, growing up in Jersey I was really into the east coast thrash bands that were relatively local like OVERKILL, NUCLEAR ASSAULT, etc...

As for local, like directly around the area where I lived you had DEADLY BLESSING and FAUST. Heathen's Rage was another, but I wasnt too into power metal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:54 pm

ultmetal wrote:
detuned wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Did Fatal Force ever put anything out?

6 song EP, cassette only release, produced by Glenn Evans of Nuclear Assault.

Do you have this? Do you have it in digital format?

I have the original cassette, but I haven't owned a cassette player since the mid 90's. One of these days I'll get it transferred and upload it.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Also, and I cant believe I forgot them but WHIPLASH was one of my favorites as well.

And Misfits/Samhain/Danzig. But most specifically, SAMHAIN out of those three was the most important to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:46 pm

I went to see a local death metal band called Unbidden last night. I am good friends with the guitar player, Remy Tartaglia.

Funny, before the show, we went to the local alcohol store. The security guard there followed Remy and I pretty much the whole time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12635

PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:50 pm

James B. wrote:
NRG and Arcane were two favorites

We also had Emerald, Towne Cryer, Holy Rite, and Spectra

I forgot Redeemer, Final Axe, Isiah Fox, Contagious, First Aid (which became Ransom) Fast Forward and Touche' Touche'

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:40 am

Required Fields wrote:
I went to see a local death metal band called Unbidden last night. I am good friends with the guitar player, Remy Tartaglia.

Funny, before the show, we went to the local alcohol store. The security guard there followed Remy and I pretty much the whole time.

I don't blame security. You're a coupla suspicious looking characters. Razz

Local bands... - Page 2 6736_147885560844_669595844_3841974_5183048_n

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:29 pm

None.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:06 am

Troublezone wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
powermacho wrote:

Isn't Faith or Fear from Jersey too?

Could be, but I didn't really follow them until many years after I moved from Jersey.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:37 am

I thought Faith or Fear were from Philadelphia, but I might be wrong.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:42 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I thought Faith or Fear were from Philadelphia, but I might be wrong.

I guess they were from Philly at one time but now they're in Jersey.

Formed in 1985, Faith or Fear is a thrash-hardcore band from New Jersey and actually hailed from Philadelphia in the height of it's popularity in the late 1980's. FOF has played with many bands including Sepultura, Overkill, Dark Angel, Death, Morbid Angel, Wrathchild America, Forbidden, Metal Church, Flotsam and Jetsam, Crumbsuckers, Nuclear Assault, Biohazard, Hallow's Eve, Anvil smurfette, Hades, Deadspot, Devastation, Vicious Circle, Whiplash. FOF has been on several large independent record labels such as: Metal Blade Records, Combat Records (most notably the worldwide release of "Punishment Area" as featured on "The Ultimate Revenge 2" COMBAT Video/Soundtrack) and most recently Century Media Records. Faith or Fear Co-headlined an entire US tour with Sepultura in Nov-Dec of 1989. FOF has also appeared on MTV's Headbanger's Ball several times also in 1989-1990. Although Overkill offered Chris Bombeke a position to play lead guitar, he declined and instead passed on the position to Merritt Gant who went on to record and tour with Overkill on the Horrorscope, I Hear Black and WFO albums. Soon after his departure from FOF, guitarist Chris Bombeke was involved in a nearly fatal Jeep accident which took him several years to recover. After an 18 year absence , all the original members have reformed in May 2008 and are currently playing live featuring new and previously released material. More local shows in Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Baltimore ,New York City and surrounding areas are being scheduled...................................................... ................................................."Spread The Fear"....................................
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:43 am

BNR METAL wrote:
Faith or Fear, a Thrash Metal band from Vineland, NJ

Metal-Archives have them listed as
(Richland, New Jersey)

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:44 am

Meh, Philadelphia, South Jersey, they're so close to each other it really doesn't make much difference anyway. Everybody down that way roots for the Phillies and Flyers so it might as well be Philadelphia. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:45 am

ultmetal wrote:
BNR METAL wrote:

(Richland, New Jersey)

That must be where they are now but i read they were from Philly in the 80's.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:23 am

Troublezone wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
BNR METAL wrote:

(Richland, New Jersey)

That's news to me, although back then I was more interested in the hair/glam scene of the area. the only thrash I listened to back then was Metallica, Megadeth & Anthrax.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:26 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
BNR METAL wrote:

(Richland, New Jersey)

That's news to me, although back then I was more interested in the hair/glam scene of the area. the only thrash I listened to back then was Metallica, Megadeth & Anthrax.

I only learned of them about 10 years ago when a friend of mine introduced me to the "Ultimate Revenge" dvd.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 1:10 pm

Ult, have you ever heard of Insaniac? They were a good technical thrash band from New Jersey.

In my hometown (Arnhem) there were plenty of bands. Most of them sucked though, haha. The most well known band is Heidevolk, who are actually pretty damn good. Folky heavy metal with Dutch lyrics. They're on a pretty big label nowadays. I even think I saw their latest CD in San Francisco, haha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Local bands...   Local bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Local bands...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2