Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Local Bands use Social Media

Go down 
+4
TheGreatDuck
Witchfinder
Temple of Blood
deathisgain
8 posters
AuthorMessage
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

How Local Bands use Social Media Empty
PostSubject: How Local Bands use Social Media   How Local Bands use Social Media Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 3:35 pm

I thought this was very true of some bands.

Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: How Local Bands use Social Media   How Local Bands use Social Media Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 3:59 pm

This is great.

I get sick of so many updates from certain bands. Just constantly posting old pics and videos and trying to get people to discuss topics unrelated to their band.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: How Local Bands use Social Media   How Local Bands use Social Media Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 4:31 pm

Hahaha. Pretty much describes half of my Facebook news feed.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: How Local Bands use Social Media   How Local Bands use Social Media Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 4:47 pm

If it were only just the local bands. I've got David Coverdale's official Facebook page among my likes, and all the posts coming from the page turn up to be some memes and similar shit.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: How Local Bands use Social Media   How Local Bands use Social Media Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 4:50 pm

Contrast this also with bands who never give you any updates. Are you active or not?

Frankly I like knowing when a band has a new drummer or one has quit.

I can't stand 3 updates every day from the same bands.

It's sad how many bands become popular (?) just by inundating social media and not by creating great music or playing great shows.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: How Local Bands use Social Media   How Local Bands use Social Media Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 5:10 pm

Bands feeds on FB have turned me onto other great bands, I generally see it as a plus or i would unfollow.

Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

PostSubject: Re: How Local Bands use Social Media   How Local Bands use Social Media Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 6:40 pm

I remember a Christian "supergroup" trying to sell t-shirts before they even released one sound bite.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: How Local Bands use Social Media   How Local Bands use Social Media Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 8:40 am

This kind of causes me physical pain because it IS true...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: How Local Bands use Social Media   How Local Bands use Social Media Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 12:49 pm

deathisgain wrote:
I remember a Christian "supergroup" trying to sell t-shirts before they even released one sound bite.

But people would probably buy it so why not? They'll make more money from shirts than sound bytes anyway.

Sometimes (often times) the idea of a band is better than the resulting music itself. Especially from supergroups!
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

PostSubject: Re: How Local Bands use Social Media   How Local Bands use Social Media Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 4:12 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
deathisgain wrote:

But people would probably buy it so why not?  They'll make more money from shirts than sound bytes anyway.

Sometimes (often times) the idea of a band is better than the resulting music itself.  Especially from supergroups!

I personally wouldn't buy a shirt (or wear one) from a band that hasn't even released a CD/song/demo or even done a youtube video of them playing live. For all I know they could make an album of animal sounds over kids toys being played. Smile
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: How Local Bands use Social Media   How Local Bands use Social Media Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 8:18 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
This is great.

I get sick of so many updates from certain bands.  Just constantly posting old pics and videos and trying to get people to discuss topics unrelated to their band.

I most definitely appreciate your point, but as I'm sure you know from running a Facebook page, you need to get people interacting with your posts. I have almost 1,100 likes on Facebook, and my average post gets about 80-120 views. I noticed that when I start making my posts a little more often and more open-ended for other people to participate, I get more interaction. This in turn leads to more views for my posts with the important content (my reviews).

This is definitely different from a band, which offers actual content, whereas I don't, but I understand why bands post a lot. It does get annoying to see the same band post every hour with pointless stuff, but it's a good marketing tool.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: How Local Bands use Social Media   How Local Bands use Social Media Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 8:20 pm

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Uncle-Saxons-Kickass-CD-Store/196386640405487?ref=hl
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: How Local Bands use Social Media   How Local Bands use Social Media Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 8:21 pm

Had to. Just had to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Local Bands use Social Media   How Local Bands use Social Media Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Local Bands use Social Media
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: