Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best post Crimson idol album

Go down 
+4
mc666
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
fingers
8 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Best post Crimson idol album Empty
PostSubject: Best post Crimson idol album   Best post Crimson idol album Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:24 pm

got all the 80s WASP albums and Crimson Idol but I was just wandering what the best album after CRimson Idol would be like. Used to have KFD and it's crap

Last edited by fingers on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best post Crimson idol album   Best post Crimson idol album Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:29 pm

I'm partial to Still Not Black Enough myself. Dominator is real good too.

PostSubject: Re: Best post Crimson idol album   Best post Crimson idol album Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:38 pm

Helldorado and Unholy Terror are my favorites, although the red-headed stepchild K.F.D. is a personal love.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Best post Crimson idol album   Best post Crimson idol album Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:42 pm

I second MG's recommendation of STILL NOT BLACK ENOUGH. That album sorta picks up where CRIMSON IDOL left off (in fact, the last track "No Way Out Of Here" even mentions "Johnny," the character from Crimson Idol).

I'd avoid the godawful 2-part NEON GOD saga though. Booooo-RING!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Best post Crimson idol album   Best post Crimson idol album Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:59 am

KFD is not crap. it's awesome.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Best post Crimson idol album   Best post Crimson idol album Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:40 am

mc666 wrote:
KFD is not crap. it's awesome.

Yep, I think K.F.D. is great too. I don't mind the modern "fuzzy" production and think that album closer "The Horror" is a great song. That said, I think Unholy Terror is even better so it gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Best post Crimson idol album   Best post Crimson idol album Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 8:16 am

'Still Not Black Enough' also gets my vote, a great W.A.S.P. album.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best post Crimson idol album   Best post Crimson idol album Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 8:21 am

I really dig the Neon God Pts 1 & 2. Still Not Black Enough, Dying for the World, Dominator and Unholy Terror are good too.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best post Crimson idol album   Best post Crimson idol album Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 10:04 am

KFD is a good, angry album, but I think the industrial/electronic elements weren't necessary and makes it sound like Blackie was trying too hard to be relevent, jumping on the Manson-NIN bandwagon. As shown on the Double Live Assassins follow-up album, the songs from KFD stand up fine with just guitar, bass & drums. A good album, but probably not the one I'd recommend to someone looking for some new WASP.

Like many double concept albums from numerous artists, I think The Neon God cds suffers from too much filler and goes on too long. Trim it up to one album of killer material and it might be better, although it might be harder to follow the storyline. I have a hard time getting through both albums in one sitting. I get bored.

Dying For the World & Unholy Terror are equally good to my ears.

Hellderado is probably my least favorite of the post-Crimson Idol releases. Seemed like a step backwards lyrically. After Blackie started writing more serious lyrics and storylines made an attempt to be taken seriously, a song about 'Dirty Balls' seemd silly.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Best post Crimson idol album   Best post Crimson idol album Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:47 am

Dying For the World and Unholy Terror.

PostSubject: Re: Best post Crimson idol album   Best post Crimson idol album Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:11 pm

Quote :
Hellderado is probably my least favorite of the post-Crimson Idol
releases. Seemed like a step backwards lyrically. After Blackie started
writing more serious lyrics and storylines made an attempt to be taken
seriously, a song about 'Dirty Balls' seemd silly.

That was the point. He wanted to lighten it up a bit. I think the album is genius. My second favorite by the group.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best post Crimson idol album   Best post Crimson idol album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best post Crimson idol album
Page 1 of 1