Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album

Go down 
+9
James B.
nevermore
stepcousin
metalinmyveins
akeldama
XYZ
manny
candlemass
fingers
13 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album Empty
PostSubject: Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album   Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:34 pm

It would have to be Signals it is a brilliant album songs like The Weapon, New World,Chemistry and Analog Kid are great songs. Also the synersizers are used correctly they don't dominate the mix with the exception of Subdivisions which is my least favourite song on that album. One of the best AOR albums of the 80s.
Also Grace Under pressure is a great album as well but the synersizers dominate the songs a little too much.

With the rest of their 80s albums they are pretty weak especially Power Windows. But I haven't heard presto yet and since Ultmetal gave it a positive I might as well give it a listen.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album   Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:39 pm

I agree w/you that Signals is the best, but not that the rest are weak.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album   Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:06 am

Ditto I love 'Signals', great great album.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album   Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:21 am

I'll go with Signals as well.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album   Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:32 am

I'll gpo with Signals too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album   Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 1:22 am

Signals & Grace Under Pressure are basically tied in my book, I wouldn't want to be without either one.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album   Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 1:27 am

detuned wrote:
Signals & Grace Under Pressure are basically tied in my book, I wouldn't want to be without either one.

I concur. Those are both great albums.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album   Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 6:39 am

I like Signals just a bit more than GuP. Power Wondows isnt that bad, some good stuff on it but it was starting to go downhill from there. I lost total interest in Rush when I heard "Hold Yer Fire", plus I was so into thrash by then as well. I didnt even hear Presto thru Vapor Trails for the first time until about 3+ years ago. Now I'm making up for lost time, although Rush will never come close to the '75-81 era again.

The '75-'81 era of Rush might just be my favorite band of all time. I just cant put into words just how much enjoyment I get from those albums still to this day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album   Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 8:29 am

Grace Under Pressure. It's my favorite of their discography.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album   Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:58 pm

I have to go with the Signals album,too. Great record!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album   Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:17 pm

Signals... dig the allegorical cover art as well. Those three Canadians are such clowns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album   Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:52 pm

James B. wrote:
Signals... dig the allegorical cover art as well. Those three Canadians are such clowns.

Yeah, they even used a Blazing Saddles joke once on the song "Anagram (for Mongo)"
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album   Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:44 pm

Ive only ever heard Signals and Power Windows. And out of those two, Signals, by a whole friggin lot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album   Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:47 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Ive only ever heard Signals and Power Windows. And out of those two, Signals, by a whole friggin lot.

Grace Under Pressure...you need it.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album   Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:51 pm

detuned wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Grace Under Pressure...you need it.

Ill look into it. Despite loving Rush, I just sort of fell off buying albums after awhile
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album   Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:58 pm

DeathCult wrote:

Ill look into it. Despite loving Rush, I just sort of fell off buying albums after awhile

That album takes a little while to reveal it's depth, but man, once it gets it's hooks in, it's got you. I used to listen to the song "Between The Wheels" over and over again. Not a bad tune on the entire album.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album   Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:13 pm

I agree with you all Signals is fantastic, but I am partial to Hold Your Fire, I know most people didn't like that album, but that is when I was started to hear them when my older neighbor played them a bunch. By the time Presto came out I was a fan. I got into them a bit later I guess, but Roll the Bones was another amazing album for me. Hmm so have the last two been as well....OK I better stop before I contradict myself any further.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album   Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:18 pm

Wow, looks like Rush lost some steam, and fans, after Grace Under Pressure.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album   Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:53 pm

xyz wrote:
Wow, looks like Rush lost some steam, and fans, after Grace Under Pressure.
They may have lost a bit of steam, for me anyway , after Grace, but there are still so many good songs on all of the subsequent albums.
I will say however, that while it doesn't contain Rush's best collection of tunes ever, Snakes And Arrows seems to me to be one of the more solid albums they have released since Grace.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album   Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 6:08 pm

Signals FTW!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album   Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:11 pm

I personally have liked every Rush album excluding 'Hold Your Fire' and 'Presto' which are not some of their stronger albums but both have their moments and are certainly better than alot of bands best efforts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album   Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best post 80's Moving Pictures Rush album
Page 1 of 1