Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years

Go down 
+6
HellRaiser
stepcousin
iamrockerfun
krokus
kmorg
ultmetal
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Empty
PostSubject: TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years   TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 2:22 pm

TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Arrive In Stores June 26
Quote :
RHINO ENTERTAINMENT OFFERS “DeeVD”
Twisted Sister’s Classic Videos Arrive In Stores June 26

LOS ANGELES – Big hair, big hits and even bigger riffs – the era of big metal returns as Rhino presents the DVD debut of hard-to-find and out-of-print video collections from one of the biggest-selling bands of the ’80s: Twisted Sister. The DVD offers a clear digital picture along with Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound mixes that capture the band at the height of their popularity. Twisted Sister’s THE VIDEO YEARS will be available from Rhino on June 26 at all retail outlets and at www.rhino.com.

“2006 marked the 30th anniversary and 9000th live performance of Twisted Sister” says Twisted Sister guitarist Jay Jay French. “In reaching this historic milestone, it is only fitting that this DVD, encompassing some of the most legendary videos ever made, finally will be commercially available. This intense renewed interest in Twisted Sister comes at a time when the band is performing to its greatest audiences around the world, proving once and for all that not only did the band help create the MTV era, its shows have become the stuff of legend.”

Twisted Sister – singer Dee Snider, guitarists Jay Jay French and Eddie “Fingers” Ojeda, bassist Mark Mendoza and drummer A.J. Pero – took the country by storm in 1984 thanks to the band’s breakthrough album, Stay Hungry and its follow-up Come Out And Play. The band’s music videos including the hit “We're Not Gonna Take It,” their first television performance and a legendary 1984 concert performance “Stay Hungry” have been combined into a single DVD entitled THE VIDEO YEARS. The DVD also includes new interviews with the band, actor Mark Metcalf who played the father and teacher in “We're Not Gonna Take It” and “I Wanna Rock” respectively, Lemmy Kilminster and much more.

About Rhino Entertainment

Based in Burbank, California, Warner Music Group’s Rhino Entertainment serves as the central catalog development, licensing, soundtrack, and television marketing area for the corporation. Rhino develops, markets, and promotes both audio and video products from the vast WMG catalog and through new productions with established artists. The division is also responsible for licensing WMG’s music for film, television, and video game uses, and for creating custom premium products

DVD Track Listings

TWISTED SISTER: THE VIDEO YEARS

1. “It’s Only Rock ’N’ Roll (But I Like It)”*
2. “You Can’t Stop Rock ’N’ Roll”
3. “We’re Not Gonna Take It”
4. “I Wanna Rock”
5. “The Price”
6. “Leader Of The Pack”
7. “Be Chrool To Your Scuel”
8. “Hot Love”

TWISTED LIVE: STAY HUNGRY

1. “The Kids Are Back”
2. “We’re Not Gonna Take It”
3. “I Wanna Rock”
4. “Under The Blade”
5. “The Beast”
6. “You Can’t Stop Rock ’N’ Roll”
7. “The Price”
8. “Stay Hungry”
9. “Burn In Hell”
10. “S. M. F.”

DVD Extras include video commentaries for each of their videos with all five band members and Mark Metcalf, star of “We’re Not Gonna Take It” and “I Wanna Rock”

*Twisted Sister’s first-ever television performance in 1982

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years   TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 2:32 pm

Cool!! This will be mine!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years   TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 2:42 pm

I already have two video tapes with those stuff on it. Lucky me. I can spend my money on something else lol.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years   TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 2:45 pm

actually checked TS.com and see same lucky glad ... thing as DVD. got all but better original from TS.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years   TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 2:49 pm

The video tapes i have are original released from back in the 80s.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years   TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 8:10 am

kmorg wrote:
Cool!! This will be mine!

I shall be purchasing this too. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years   TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 10:49 am

9,000!! If each was an average of 55 minutes (some opening, some headliner, some festival, etc), that's a total of 343.75 straight days spent playing music...495,000 straight minutes...like never getting off stage for almost an entire year!! Insane!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years   TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 11:16 am

Yup. Those guys have been around for a long time and they were road warriors for over a decade, even before they were signed.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years   TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 am

ultmetal wrote:
Yup. Those guys have been around for a long time and they were road warriors for over a decade, even before they were signed.

yes, they were. They were playing clubs when most of their peers from the early 80's were in junior high school.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years   TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 8:54 pm

I am watching this now. Twisted Sister is just freakin awesome. The Stay Hungry concert footage is worth the price, just killer.
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years   TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 10:41 pm

Awesome!

I'll definitely be getting this 🤘

9000 performances . . . wow!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years   TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 10:45 pm

Yeah, I think Jay Jay is estimating with that 9000. Smile
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years   TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 11:02 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Yeah, I think Jay Jay is estimating with that 9000. Smile

Haha - when I first read the thread I was thinking 'did they keep a notebook of this stuff or something?'
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years   TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 11:50 pm

Anyone seen their clip for 'Leader Of The Pack', it's... it's a well you judge for youself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfKGaw1RzRs
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years   TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 11:56 pm

If the 80s taught us anything - falling over a cliff will NOT kill you lol! (see: any action movie from that era you wish)
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years   TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 4:37 am

I'm going to see them live in August!!

Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years   TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 12:34 pm

Definately gonna get this, you just can't beat the Sister videos.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years   TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 12:15 pm

This is an awesome dvd!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years   TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 11:01 pm

I really enjoy the short interviews between each of the videos.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years   TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 2:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgkrX-NSt6Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74tBZSKPFJw&feature=related
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years   TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 5:58 pm

It's a great DVD, well worth the money
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years   TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years
Page 1 of 1