Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's with these back to school supplies?

Go down 
+17
sheets
QuothTheRaven
spiritoradio
tohostudios
Troublezone
Addy
akeldama
Tall Tyrion
sam
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Stender
stepcousin
scottmitchell74
DeathCult
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

What's with these back to school supplies? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's with these back to school supplies?   What's with these back to school supplies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:39 am

I don't have any kids but I remember a few years back, my nephew brought home a list of required school supplies that included a freaking laptop. I think my sister and mom told the school to go $#!# themselves for that one.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: What's with these back to school supplies?   What's with these back to school supplies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:43 pm

sheets wrote:
I don't have any kids but I remember a few years back, my nephew brought home a list of required school supplies that included a freaking laptop. I think my sister and mom told the school to go $#!# themselves for that one.

What???

That's ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: What's with these back to school supplies?   What's with these back to school supplies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 12:38 am

Thanks for the heads up here. My oldest daughter is a special ed teacher, my third daughter is starting her first year of teaching. She couldn't get a job as a teacher so she had to settle for being an aid. My youngest daughter is doing her student teaching.

If they ever put a list out like you guys are saying these kids need, I'll kill em', Don't worry, just a figure of speech. just kidding lol!
Back to top Go down
Shini
Metal novice
Metal novice
Shini

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: What's with these back to school supplies?   What's with these back to school supplies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 1:16 am

And my mom and I thought that my grade-school supply list was stupid. As my siblings got older (and before they went to junior high), the lists kept getting dumber and dumber.

A LAPTOP?!

Why the freaking hell would a kid need a laptop for school? I can maybe understand college, but... I'd also like to know where the world has gone to.
Back to top Go down
http://shinimegami-grimm.deviantart.com

PostSubject: Re: What's with these back to school supplies?   What's with these back to school supplies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 1:24 pm

What's with these back to school supplies? - Page 2 875605 I think it went here.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: What's with these back to school supplies?   What's with these back to school supplies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 1:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Addy wrote:
Remember when we had to make bookcovers as kids?

Yep, out of brown paper grocery bags or the Sunday comics. Nowadays if your kid went to school sporting those covers on his books, the other kids would think your family is on welfare.
Had them every year!! Those were the days. Heck, you guys are all getting off easy. We home school our kids and not only have to by all these types of supplies (although stuff we only use) but books and curriculum as well. In California we went through a charter so the state paid for your books. But in Indiana, it's true independent home schooling....no assistance.

BTW...California spends more money per student and on education as a whole than any other state in the U.S. and is one of the worst results getters every year in this country. SOOOO much waste in the public school system and sadly, most of it never gets to the teachers and or class rooms.
Back to top Go down
Shini
Metal novice
Metal novice
Shini

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: What's with these back to school supplies?   What's with these back to school supplies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 5:48 pm

T-Roy wrote:
BTW...California spends more money per student and on education as a whole than any other state in the U.S. and is one of the worst results getters every year in this country. SOOOO much waste in the public school system and sadly, most of it never gets to the teachers and or class rooms.

I 'unno, outside of topic, California is in the deep for a long while. That's depressing, especially experiencing four months in San Jose last year.

Wish I could remember to do that to my books during my school years. :B I did doodle band names all over my portfolio folders tho'.
Back to top Go down
http://shinimegami-grimm.deviantart.com
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: What's with these back to school supplies?   What's with these back to school supplies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:52 pm

Shini wrote:
And my mom and I thought that my grade-school supply list was stupid. As my siblings got older (and before they went to junior high), the lists kept getting dumber and dumber.

A LAPTOP?!

Why the freaking hell would a kid need a laptop for school? I can maybe understand college, but... I'd also like to know where the world has gone to.

A smurfing laptop?!

Damn, and my parents thought it was too much when they wanted us to have calculators. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: What's with these back to school supplies?   What's with these back to school supplies? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:52 am

I know!! I had to buy soooo many things (ie 15 stick glue!!!!) and he is in preschool!!!)
btw - 200 for 3 kids? I had to pay more than 700 only for that subject - remember my son is in preschool- BESIDES the fee of that private school!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's with these back to school supplies?   What's with these back to school supplies? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's with these back to school supplies?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2