Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motley Crue - New Tattoo

Go down 
+12
jstate
the sentinel
Troublezone
manny
akeldama
Metal Misfit
Getizzyback
nevermore
GrandNational
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
ultmetal
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Motley Crue - New Tattoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:57 pm

I didn't dig real deep into the lyrics. They sounded shallow enough that I didn't really need to, so I suppose I didn't really pay much attention.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 3:07 pm

I was surprised at some of the replies that commented on the lyrics. Some made me chuckle. Very Happy

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I never dug too deep into their lyrical content. They've always seemed shallow & immature to me. That was part of the charm. We're talking about guys that wrote albums dedicated to strippers & blow. You were looking for depth here?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 3:28 pm

I can say one thing I do like about the album is their cover version of the Tubes' s 'White Punks on Dope'
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I was surprised at some of the replies that commented on the lyrics. Some made me chuckle. Very Happy

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I never dug too deep into their lyrical content. They've always seemed shallow & immature to me. That was part of the charm. We're talking about guys that wrote albums dedicated to strippers & blow. You were looking for depth here?

What I meant was that at the time the first 2 albums came out Nikki knew a lot about struggle and stuff like that, it was decadent in the sense that he knew about struggling and was practically a nobody. It's kinda hard to portray that when you're a multi-millionaire who's been with a lot of chicks and lived the high life for 20+ years. Also, there was a lot of depth in a lot of the lyrics on Motley Crab (1994).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motley Crue - New Tattoo
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2