Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper - Murder by Pride

Go down 
+24
Gilbert
Big Rich
Metallic Blaze
7thSaviour
Sutekh
Cliffy
Svengo
VictoryInDefiance
manny
FlyingV
Metalgiant
the sentinel
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
biddle
mc666
Metal Misfit
7thSecond
GrandNational
Temple of Blood
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
ultmetal
kmorg
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:07 pm

Howdy, my brown lovin' brutha! Razz
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:09 pm

You know, I use "down with the Brown" all the time now. I love that phrase! lol!

I'm not around as much, so I wanted to say "hey".
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:20 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
You know, I use "down with the Brown" all the time now. I love that phrase! lol!

Where have you been hiding?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:10 pm

I really like this album more and more each time I spin it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Metalgiant
Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalgiant

Number of posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:03 pm

A step in the right direction but still far away from the first 5.
Every song has good parts in my opinion but in general there is not really a killer track.

I think I better wait for the new JACOBS DREAM.

Really sad to say that this year hasn`t brought to many Metal releases that have impressed me.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:11 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Yeah, waasup with dat? It's not like you hae a life of sumthin' to attend to! lol!

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:20 pm

Metalgiant wrote:
still far away from the first 5.

Far away? Yep, try 20 years. Bands progress. People would complain even if they sounded exactly like they did in the 80's because their music would all sound too "samey". I, for one, am just happy they are still around 25 years later making metal and not the crap that's on the radio.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 8:35 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Metalgiant wrote:
still far away from the first 5.

Far away? Yep, try 20 years. Bands progress. People would complain even if they sounded exactly like they did in the 80's because their music would all sound too "samey". I, for one, am just happy they are still around 25 years later making metal and not the crap that's on the radio.

Right on!!!
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 8:54 am

The new album is fantastic. It really is comprised of elements of their sound over the past 25 years. Probably their best song writing to date. Can't wait to see them in Houston on Nov. 5!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:05 am

Here is Stryper news about the tour, did not want to start a new thread for tour news:

"Bassist Tracy Ferrie will not be performing on the U.S. leg of the Stryper tour. Instead, original bassist Timothy Gaines will be the sole bass player. What was originally planned as a two-set show will now be one full 90-minute show consisting of all the greatest hits and new Stryper material. The band will be wearing new yellow-and-black outfits designed by the original outfit designer. All original members — Michael Sweet, Robert Sweet, Oz Fox, and Tim Gaines — will be performing on the 25th anniversary U.S. tour."
"Tracy has made the very honorable decision, one in which we support, to put the needs of his family first. Contrary to what many may believe, most professional musicians (especially those with families) have other jobs when their band is not touring. And in order to provide for their families, they often need to find other means of work during non-touring times."
"We are living in extremely difficult economic times whereby finding a good day job is difficult. Tracy has a great one. One that provides well for his family. Leaving this job could put his family in a tough situation upon returning from tour."
"We support Tracy in this decision to ensure security for his family. At the same time, we're excited to get back out on the road and share our new music and the 25th-anniversary show with our friends and fans whom we have not seen in a long time."
"We're honored to have been doing this for 25 years and blessed to have the opportunity to go out on tour this fall. Without you, our friends and fans, we would not have lasted this long. Thank you. See you on the road soon."
Stryper guitarist Oz Fox was interviewed by "Wyldside Radio" on July 11th, 2009 prior to the band's performance at the Rocklahoma festival in Pryor, Oklahoma. Watch the question-and-answer session below.
"Murder By Pride," the new album from Stryper, sold 5,900 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 73 on The Billboard 200 chart.
"Murder By Pride" will be released in Europe on August 28th via Frontiers Records. The CD was made available in the U.S. on July 21st through Big 3 Records.
25 years ago (1984), Stryper broke onto the scene with its debut EP, "Yellow And Black Attack", and has since gone on to sell 8 million records worldwide and tour the world spreading an inspirational message through their branded sound of rock songs, heavy guitars, and pristine harmony vocals.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:29 am

I want to see this tour! I wonder if Tim's outfit will be short on him like on the THWTH devil tour (due to it being made to fit a shorter person!)
Back to top Go down
VictoryInDefiance
Metal novice
Metal novice
VictoryInDefiance

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:19 pm

I don't think there's a Stryper album that I dislike. "Murder..." will probably end up being one of my favorites though. I'm also a huge Boston fan and I love the cover of "Peace Of Mind". Brad Delp was one of the greatest and Michael Sweet is one of the few that have what it takes to replace him. I hope Scholz teams with Michael for the next Boston album (whenever that may be!). headbanger
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:50 pm

manny wrote:

"Tracy has made the very honorable decision, one in which we support, to put the needs of his family first. Contrary to what many may believe, most professional musicians (especially those with families) have other jobs when their band is not touring. And in order to provide for their families, they often need to find other means of work during non-touring times."
"We are living in extremely difficult economic times whereby finding a good day job is difficult. Tracy has a great one. One that provides well for his family. Leaving this job could put his family in a tough situation upon returning from tour."
I guess it's always good to remember that many, (if not most), of the group members of the bands we love on this board have day jobs, (or at least another income source), because they don't sell tons of albums and constantly sell out huge stadiums and arenas in comparison to more recognized mainstream acts. Some fans may call musicians opting out of a tour as not being a true hardcore musician, but your responsibility to your family should come first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:55 pm

I just have to say that "4 Leaf Clover" is the catchiest song ever. Ever since the albums release, I have had to listen to that song EVERYDAY. It gets in your head and never wants to come out. It's freakin awesome! One of the band's best songs.
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:21 pm

I hate the cover, so I edited it in a way that makes me like it better...here it is for those who'd like to spice up their iPod a bit:

Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Stryper-murderbypride

later...Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:37 pm

mc666 wrote:
i liked Reborn, but i like this one better. Michael (who has always been the star of the show in my book) really shines here.

I agree. He shines here for sure. His voice has aged well.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:59 pm

Cliffy wrote:
I hate the cover, so I edited it in a way that makes me like it better...here it is for those who'd like to spice up their iPod a bit:

Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Stryper-murderbypride

later...Cliffy

Well done, Cliffy, and if I had an iPod with a screen (I own a 1GB Shuffle hand-me-down from my girl), I'd use this artwork instead. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 5:26 am

[quote="Metal Misfit"]
Cliffy wrote:

Well done, Cliffy, and if I had an iPod with a screen (I own a 1GB Shuffle hand-me-down from my girl), I'd use this artwork instead. Very Happy

I've got an iPod classic...it has replaced my cd collection. I'm meticulous about my cover art, as that makes me feel like my iPod is a true reflection of my cd collection and, even better, allows me to be in charge...adding bonus tracks, doing remasters, changing song to song transitions...stuff like that.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 8:51 am

SpectreFate wrote:
I just have to say that "4 Leaf Clover" is the catchiest song ever. Ever since the albums release, I have had to listen to that song EVERYDAY. It gets in your head and never wants to come out. It's freakin awesome! One of the band's best songs.

Yes it is!!! My favorite song on the album!!!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:18 pm

VictoryInDefiance wrote:
I don't think there's a Stryper album that I dislike. "Murder..." will probably end up being one of my favorites though. I'm also a huge Boston fan and I love the cover of "Peace Of Mind". Brad Delp was one of the greatest and Michael Sweet is one of the few that have what it takes to replace him. I hope Scholz teams with Michael for the next Boston album (whenever that may be!). headbanger

As I said when I posted it in the playlist thread, this is the best thing I've heard this year (I'm listening to it again tonight). Michael Sweet's voice is so damn good, it doesn't seem like he's been around as long as he has. That Boston cover is so awesome, I might even say it surpasses the origional ( Shocked -yes, I said it). You're right that Brad Delp was a great vocalist but I think I like Sweet's voice even more (at least on this song). I would have loved to hear him sing with Boston when he did.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 5:52 am

Great work, Cliffy, and matches the album beautifully! I'm really enjoying this album, as it has the energy and hooks of their 80s output without sounding like it's stuck in the 80s... a difficult balance to pull off. One too many ballads for me, but some awesome melodic hard rock and excellent musicianship as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 11:21 pm

The only bad song is Alive, I love the rest. my fave since To hell.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 8:59 am

I definitely am enjoying Murder By Pride. 9/10
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 5:36 pm

The more I hear it, the more I like it!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 7:07 pm

Sounds like I might need to pick this one up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper - Murder by Pride
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next