Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...

Go down 
+20
krokus
thejokeriv
Grimmo
Chairman_Smith
Glenn Rogers
Rami Airola
MetalGuy71
metalken
sam
jstate
Troublezone
manny
powermacho
7thSecond
Metalgiant
MetalChaz
Svengo
T-Roy
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:30 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Glenn Rogers wrote:
This has been a problem for us too. There is a site out of Russia that does this. They have Hirax up and sell the tracks for $.99. I contacted them. They told me it is ok to do this in their country.

There is not alot we can do... Lars was right...

I think they are selling your whole album for 2 bucks! There only a few that still accept Visa/MC - many of them have been cut off by Visa/MC due to copyright infringement. The problem is some of those are still legal, like they told you.

Where you ever able to get any money from the russian site? Sounds like they owe you some cash!

No they won't pay...That's why I have been posting official site's to buy downloads for Hirax...We saw this comming,and realized that the cd's,and LP's are for collecters...Sad to say,but true. You have to play live to convert someone who downloads a song or two too a fan who will support you...

This is one of the reasons we won't sign with anyone... Lables won't put up the money up front for a band like us.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:21 pm

No band will ever see a single cent from any of those Russian download sites...ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:24 pm

Quote :
People that download illegally are not music fans, they want backround noise to be sedated.

Quote of the week.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:34 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Heres my thoughts, any release thats past a certain point in years, should be fair game to download.

Ditto...I don't have a problem with downloading out-of-print stuff. I've tracked down quite a few oldies but goodies that way. If the only way to get a "real" CD of, say, Indestructible Noise Command's RAZORBACK or THE VISITOR (or some other rarity) is to pay $100 or more to somebody on eBay, then I'm fine with downloading it off of a blog and making a CD-R copy. (If I spent that much $$ on a CD my wife would staple my nuts to my forehead.)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:39 pm

Again?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:41 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Again?

The Lil' woman wields a mean staple gun.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:41 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Glenn Rogers wrote:
This has been a problem for us too. There is a site out of Russia that does this. They have Hirax up and sell the tracks for $.99. I contacted them. They told me it is ok to do this in their country.

There is not alot we can do... Lars was right...

I think they are selling your whole album for 2 bucks! There only a few that still accept Visa/MC - many of them have been cut off by Visa/MC due to copyright infringement. The problem is some of those are still legal, like they told you.

Where you ever able to get any money from the russian site? Sounds like they owe you some cash!

No they won't pay...That's why I have been posting official site's to buy downloads for Hirax...We saw this comming,and realized that the cd's,and LP's are for collecters...Sad to say,but true. You have to play live to convert someone who downloads a song or two too a fan who will support you...

This is one of the reasons we won't sign with anyone... Lables won't put up the money up front for a band like us.

Glad you are posting official sites. I would rather see you get the money than some russian ceo (or russian mafia guy). Too bad you aren't getting the money you should from those sites - those bastages!!!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 3:33 pm

detuned wrote:
Shawn, that's the best post on this topic I think I've ever read. Brilliant.

I agree, very clever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:37 pm

Thanks guys...
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:37 pm

Yes, I also agree that your post was top-notch. You have a balanced, "real world" approach to the subject that is refreshing.

Good on you, Glen Rogers, for linking to the official sites & encouraging fans to do the legal download thing. Illegal download blogs will never go away, but at least you can steer people in the right direction some of the time. And yes, I admit I use the download blogs on occasion, but generally speaking it's to dl something I have on vinyl or cassette that I don't want to track to .WAV or .MP3 myself, or as mentioned, to dl something I've ordered over the internet & am just waiting the week or two to arrive at my house. Usually that's just to hear it before hand, or in my case since I have a radio show, sometimes to listen to the album & find out what track I might want to include on my show the following week when the CD arrives.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
jay
Metal novice
Metal novice
jay

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:20 am

I'd hate to see something bad happen to the bombworks/retroactive records team.
I listen to alot of both labels and buy alot of albums by artists of these 2 labels.
Oh by the way I think that it's awesome that retroactive bought bombworks. I think they did.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 8:03 am

Yes, Retroactive and Bombworks are both owned by Brutal Planet Distribution.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 9:47 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Just a quick Google search resulted in a couple of blogs featuring illegal Ultimatum albums....

http://white-metal-7.blogspot.com/search?q=ultimatum

This blog now has LEX METALIS for download too. You guys SO gotta kick their a$$es.

Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:31 pm

You should at least report the blog to Google.

http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=82114&blog_ID=7228314832077966667&blog_URL=http://white-metal-7.blogspot.com/

Quote :
Is a Blogger user engaging in piracy or providing links to copyrighted material? Please direct the copyright owner to file a DMCA complaint with Blogger. Please note that we can only process DMCA complaints originating from the copyright owner.

Alot of these blogs are on google blogs, I imagine a complaint from the copyright owners (eg ultimatum) would shut them down.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:00 pm

krokus wrote:
detuned wrote:
Shawn, that's the best post on this topic I think I've ever read. Brilliant.

I agree, very clever.

A lot of insight there Shawn and I agree.... sorta like Jazz... or the Blues.... total sales????
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4