Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...

Go down 
+20
krokus
thejokeriv
Grimmo
Chairman_Smith
Glenn Rogers
Rami Airola
MetalGuy71
metalken
sam
jstate
Troublezone
manny
powermacho
7thSecond
Metalgiant
MetalChaz
Svengo
T-Roy
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Metal Church didn't even hit the 1000 mark either with only 900+ units sold.

... which sucks, and I'm sure downloading had something to do with it, but it may also have been because the last Metal Church wasn't very good...just sayin'....

The last Metal Church was great IMO. 🤘

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:51 pm

ultmetal wrote:

The last Metal Church was great IMO. 🤘

I agree with Mr. Waters on this. I like all the Ronny Munroe albums.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:55 pm

I'm probably in the minority then, but the last MC did nothin' for me. Like the other two CDs w/Ronny, I really really WANTED to like it but it had like two decent tracks and a lotta filler. IMO of course.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm probably in the minority then, but the last MC did nothin' for me. Like the other two CDs w/Ronny, I really really WANTED to like it but it had like two decent tracks and a lotta filler. IMO of course.

Shut up, jackass.

TOTALLY kidding. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:59 pm

Despite the level of quality on the Metal Church releases, how many fans do you think are still following this band nowadays? (not including old die hard fans who have been following them since the 80's). Until I joined this board I thought they had broken up back in the 90's.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:01 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Shut up, jackass.

TOTALLY kidding. Smile

Bite me, Zippy.

TOTALLY kidding. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:03 pm

Quote :
Despite the level of quality on the Metal Church releases, how many fans do you think are still following this band nowadays? (not including old die hard fans who have been following them since the 80's). Until I joined this board I thought they had broken up back in the 90's.

You're right. I dismissed the newer stuff too. Nothing's worse than a band with a singular original member. But somehow Kurdt Vanderhoof injected some of the original magic into those last few albums. But anyone looking for classic Metal Church will be sorely disappointed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:14 pm

detuned wrote:

Exactly...the sales have little to do with how good it is...just more proof that very few people give a damn about METAL CHURCH...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:49 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
detuned wrote:

Exactly...the sales have little to do with how good it is...just more proof that very few people give a damn about METAL CHURCH...

Unfortunately I think you are correct about that.

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:50 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
detuned wrote:

Unfortunately I think you are correct about that.

It all goes back to my rant about us realizing how small our niche in Metal really is...
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:06 pm

If all internet subscribers were to pay a nominal fee on top of their service, and then use those funds to pay for downloads, and make them ALL legal and available, the concept of illegal downloads would disappear. If say Retroactive can track 7500 downloads, and say even a cost of say 99 cents was alloted for those, they would be close to $7500 richer. The label could recoup costs easier, and individual bands would see more cash as well.

I know a lot of people would say that "Why should I pay for something I do not use" because they currently do not d/l, legally or not, but is that not true with portions of our taxes? We homeschool our children, but still pay taxes for public education. We sometimes have to do things for the greater good.

And I realize that would probably get abused as well, but at least it would be start to insure that the music makers get their share. That said, I still probably would not download much at all as I enjoy having the hard copy in my hand.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:35 pm

Bully for these guys for the effort, but it's too little too late. Ask them to find that needle I lost in the haystack over there when they're done ridding the inter-webs of illegal downloaders.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 12:07 am

On other forum where young guys from Central America, say they are metal heads these are some thing they think about internet downloading

Note I am translating

"I talk about this because nowadays the situation this very difficult to buy an original disc. in my case is one week to go to
work in the days, one day of food and passages, and to buy several beers. discs should have to fit to the budget that way somebody should say drink
less men,and it is true, and do not deny it"

"And the Internet hell yea, has more pro that against, many bands would
never get known on the other side of the world if not by
Internet
"

"And downloading is not sinned either, the one that believes it is an stupid idiot, technology this to take advantage
of it, I soon believe that buy a cd based on reviews
and in the end disappointsyou, that it was money SPENT
in vain, better listening first mp3 and you decide if the original
is worth then it's wothted the copy."

This is the sad tru of what many youngs guys think. and I have been arguing with them about it. Most of them prefer $20 on beer than $12 on a cd. Then they are talking about wasting money angry
Back to top Go down
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:36 pm

It's a sad situation for Seventh Angel although I think the sales will rise eventually.

As someone said, Seventh Angel isn't THAT known band. Not even all of the My Silent Wake fans know anything about Seventh Angel. Surely Seventh Angel was at least a bit more known in a non-Christian circles than many other religious metal band back then but I think they didn't manage to get that big of a fan base before they quit. So I think that most of the people who were excited about this new release were believers who used to like Christian metal back in the day. There aren't too many of those left who still are interested in those old bands.

Granted, Seventh Angel "modernized" their sound so that it could be accessible for those people who find the "old metal" dated. Then again I think quite a lot of Seventh Angel's charm back then came from Ian's unorthodox way of barking and wailing the vocals to the listeners soul. I haven't ever been that big of a fan of death vocals so I myself was not sure whether I should be interested in the new songs or not. I'm glad they put Chaos of Dream on their MySpace site. As soon as I heard the chorus I knew that even though it doesn't really sound like old Seventh Angel I really have to buy that album.

So, I did buy it and I really think it's in some ways even better than their previous records. It's been quite a long time since the last time I got as much goosebumps as I got from listening to The Dust of Years. There are so much amazingly beautiful melodies and riffs, and I really love Simon Bibby's clean singing voice that is heard really often in the album.

It really saddens me to know that not many people have found this record as it really is amazing. Then again, I haven't really seen much adverts of it except in places that promotes mostly religious stuff and that really isn't the place where most of the potential buyers of metal music are. I don't even know where to buy it from Finland. I ordered it from America but not that many people are willing to do that even though it nowadays is really easy.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:48 pm

This has been a problem for us too. There is a site out of Russia that does this. They have Hirax up and sell the tracks for $.99. I contacted them. They told me it is ok to do this in their country.

There is not alot we can do... Lars was right...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 2:31 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

This goes for bands, magazines, labels, and anything related to Metal...

I miss metal magazines. Sad Obviously the internet is more immediate when it comes to breaking music news and things like that, but I loved (and still love) sitting back with a stack of rock rags and reading through the interviews, album reviews, etc. It's not the same pulling up a web site and reading that kind of stuff on a screen. (Which is ironic, I know, cuz I write stuff for an e-zine...so don't bother pointing it out. Haha.)

Almost all of the major U.S. rock/metal related magazines have closed up shop in the last couple of years - Metal Edge, Metal Maniacs, Circus magazine (yea, I know they went all Slipknot on us during the 90s but back in the day, Circus was the Big Kahuna of rock mags!)... there's still Decibel and Revolver, but (William Shatner voice) "for...how....long?"

Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:26 am

Thing is, if the hard copy option disappears... I won't buy computer files... sorry.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:32 am

Heres my thoughts, any release thats past a certain point in years, should be fair game to download.

Anything thats being released brand new, should be illegal to download. Most back catalog items I have in my CD collection are bought used, so in all honesty I might as well be downloading them, except to support the used CD shop of course.

Music has become throwaway to people, its irritating. When I own a CD, I see it in my collection and pull it out to listen to. Say I didn't like that album on my first few spins, i'd put it back on the shelf. Fast foward to a few years later, I put it in and realize that it wasn't so bad, and I dig the album. This happened to Anthrax's We've Come For You All album for me.

Now imagine I downloaded that instead. I'd delete it and never hear it again.

People that download illegally are not music fans, they want backround noise to be sedated.
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 3:56 am

I ordered Obituary and Suffocation's new albums. I couldn't wait for the CD's's to arrive, so for the first time ever, I downloaded the albums using a Linux specific torrent. When the CD's arrived in the mail I simply overwrote the original files by ripping my CD's. I still whole heartedly believe in buying music as a tangeable product, whilst supporting the artists.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 6:20 am

Grimmo wrote:
I ordered Obituary and Suffocation's new albums. I couldn't wait for the CD's's to arrive, so for the first time ever, I downloaded the albums using a Linux specific torrent. When the CD's arrived in the mail I simply overwrote the original files by ripping my CD's. I still whole heartedly believe in buying music as a tangeable product, whilst supporting the artists.

I do that alot.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:24 am

Anyone know how many cd's Once Dead sold?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:05 am

Troublezone wrote:

Under 1,000 copies as well.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:10 am

ultmetal wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

They said metal was making a comeback but those numbers say different... Weak promotions doesn't help either.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:57 am

Troublezone wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

They said metal was making a comeback but those numbers say different... Weak promotions doesn't help either.
It sure did, but this year the low sales started to hurt the bands. It's up to the younger fans to step up and start buying cd's.

I remember when napster came out, not everybody used to have acces to internet, so it was mostly to the guys that were selling illegal copies. My cousins used to own plenty of cd's, they used to have plenty of bad albums, but if you wanted to hear something you had to buy the albums. . It was more exited, because I used to share albums with them, go to stores and get some.

mp3 would never replace that extiment to open the cd and put it on the stereo and wait for the expectations.

Last edited by powermacho on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:27 am

Glenn Rogers wrote:
This has been a problem for us too. There is a site out of Russia that does this. They have Hirax up and sell the tracks for $.99. I contacted them. They told me it is ok to do this in their country.

There is not alot we can do... Lars was right...

I think they are selling your whole album for 2 bucks! There only a few that still accept Visa/MC - many of them have been cut off by Visa/MC due to copyright infringement. The problem is some of those are still legal, like they told you.

Where you ever able to get any money from the russian site? Sounds like they owe you some cash!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...   Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retroactive/Bombworks Records requesting help...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next