Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christian Thrash metal top 10

Go down 
+25
DallasBlack
VictoryInDefiance
zelote
scottmitchell74
kmorg
Fat Freddy
Navouhodonosor
MetalFRO
Lurideath
325ad
Schbopo
James B.
nevermore
powermacho
Troublezone
Metalgiant
thejokeriv
T-Roy
Stender
Temple of Blood
candlemass
Thrasher73
ultmetal
Grimmo
biddle
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 10:09 am

I have the two Red Ink tapes.

I have another tape titled "Figurehead" by Final Warning that is quite good too. Probably more speed metal like Agent Steel or Realm, but still a good tape.

The Immortal demo was good too. That band became Circle of Dust and only one song from that demo ever made it onto a Circle of Dust release.

Extraction were a great thrash/death band from New Mexico. They recorded a full album of material that never was released unfortunately. They did release a demo under the name Blessed.

Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 10:39 am

Yeah, I was thinking Immortal too. Ritual and Inborn were underground giants as well back in the day.

I would to see reissues on CD of all of these as well. 🤘
Back to top Go down
VictoryInDefiance
Metal novice
Metal novice
VictoryInDefiance

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:10 am

1. Seventh Angel "Lament For The Weary"
2. Vengeance Rising "Once Dead"
3. Vengeance Rising "Human Sacrifice"
4. Believer "Sanity Obscure"
5. Tourniquet "Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance"
6. Sacrament "Haunts Of Violence"
7. Deliverance "What A Joke"
8. The Crucified "The Pillars Of Humanity"
9. Detritus "Perpetual Defiance"
10. Seventh Angel "The Torment"
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:13 pm

Looks like nobody saw my previous list so I deleted it because I had to re-access my list (I am missing a bunch of classics but these are the cream of the crop I do have):

Deliverance-s/t
Tourniquet-Microscopic View Of A Telescopic Realm
Tourniquet-Stop The Bleeeding
Deliverance-Weapons Of Our Warfare
Ultimatum-Into The Pit
Ultimautm-Symhonic Extemeties
Ultimatum-Puppet Of Destruction
Betrayal-The Passing
Tourniquet-Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance
Ultimatum-Mechanics Of Perilous Times
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:10 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Looks like nobody saw my previous list so I deleted it because I had to re-access my list (I am missing a bunch of classics but these are the cream of the crop I do have):

Deliverance-s/t
Ultimatum-Into The Pit
Betrayal-The Passing

Serious Dude, you need to expand your horizons beyond Ultimatum, Tourniquet and Deliverance. All are great bands but their are so many more Christian Thrash bands out there that you would be equally pleased with I am sure! Razz
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:07 am

I highly recommend DETRITUS, and BETRAYAL
Back to top Go down
VictoryInDefiance
Metal novice
Metal novice
VictoryInDefiance

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:28 am

powermacho wrote:

I agree! Both bands are very underrated and should have recorded more. Detritus bassist/vocalist Mark Broomhead is now in Seventh Angel (my all-time favorite Christian band besides Mortification).
Back to top Go down
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:54 am

Boarders from Italy is rad too!!!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:08 am

325ad wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Deliverance-s/t
Ultimatum-Into The Pit
Betrayal-The Passing

Serious Dude, you need to expand your horizons beyond Ultimatum, Tourniquet and Deliverance. All are great bands but their are so many more Christian Thrash bands out there that you would be equally pleased with I am sure! Razz

Trust me, I plan to expand my horizons, my wantlist has Seventh Angel, Believer, Vengeance Rising, etc. but I have yet to locate them around here and internet shopping is too tempting with my budget right now. Not easy to get any others around here. Retroactive records and Mardel have a thing going and anything released by them is availiable (which is why I have all Ultimatum, the first two Deliverance albums, etc.) but other Christian thrash albums are not. When I first became a Christian, the area I was at (Jacksonville, FL) had all the Tourniquet stuff availiable which is why I have all those albums. Being someone who doesn't do much internet shopping (in order to watch my spending) I have to rely on what the stores carry (mainly used stores and Mardel). I do have albums by Sacrament, Betrayal (in my list), Vengeance Rising, The Crucified, and Living Sacrifice but they didn't make the top 10. Once my schooling is over and I have a job that gives me a bigger budget for CD spending, I will get more.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:12 am

powermacho wrote:

Detritus may be good (according to you guys) but I do not spen over $20+ on used CDs, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:44 am

DallasBlack wrote:
powermacho wrote:

Detritus may be good (according to you guys) but I do not spen over $20+ on used CDs, sorry.

Everything you listed that is on your christian thrash list I can burn for ya. I'll throw in a couple albums by each for ya along with the other stuff I'm sending.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:35 pm

Stender wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
powermacho wrote:

Everything you listed that is on your christian thrash list I can burn for ya. I'll throw in a couple albums by each for ya along with the other stuff I'm sending.

Thanks! I'm tempted to buy some more before my school starts but I don't need to get started on internet shopping again (I can't seem to buy on the intenet w/out going over $50). Plus my dad will be home for the next two weeks and seeing as he's the one who helped me get my budget under control, I'd have a hard time explaining all the CDs that would be showing up in the mail.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:39 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Stender wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
powermacho wrote:

Thanks! I'm tempted to buy some more before my school starts but I don't need to get started on internet shopping again (I can't seem to buy on the intenet w/out going over $50). Plus my dad will be home for the next two weeks and seeing as he's the one who helped me get my budget under control, I'd have a hard time explaining all the CDs that would be showing up in the mail.

Haha...you just got to beat him to the mailbox man! Thats what we had to do with report cards from school!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:06 pm

Stender wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Stender wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
powermacho wrote:

Haha...you just got to beat him to the mailbox man! Thats what we had to do with report cards from school!

Yeah, but I will be in school from 7:30 to 1:30 Monday through Friday.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:26 am

Seems there are a ton of new traditional thrash bands on the scene that have cropped up in the last
few years whose sound is a mixture of Slayer and Exodus such as Avenger of Blood, Bonded by Blood, Hyades, Merciless Death, Dread, Fueled by Fire, Warbringer, Hatchet, Vindicator, Lich King, etc.

This one sounds promising:
Disaffection

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:45 am

Yeah! Disaffection are very good Ult.I've been waiting for the re-release of Begin the Revolution on Retroactive.I dont think its coming out til the first part of 2010 now.Killer Thrash band !
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:54 am

Wish there were more "new" thrash bands on the scene.

Grave Forsaken is moving in that direction as well.

Metal novice
Metal novice
jay

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:57 am

I thought that Grave Forsaken was great when I heard them. I'd like to hear the new Sacred Slaughter when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 2:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:

There are SOOO many more now than there were 4 years ago though. The scene is saturated IMHO.

I wanna see the whole scene musically progress into better songwriters and musicians. And maybe even hear a bit of experimentation. The kitsch of wearing the thrash clothes of yesteryear and doing a weak copy of thrash from 85 is bound to wear thin without musical improvement.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 2:20 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

There are SOOO many more now than there were 4 years ago though. The scene is saturated IMHO.

I wanna see the whole scene musically progress into better songwriters and musicians. And maybe even hear a bit of experimentation. The kitsch of wearing the thrash clothes of yesteryear and doing a weak copy of thrash from 85 is bound to wear thin without musical improvement.

I agree. However, I'm talking about Christian thrash bands. There are only a handful, and your band is one of them.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 2:26 pm

Ah. You're original post didn't specify Christian thrash though I guess I should've inferred it from the topic.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:56 pm

jay wrote:
I thought that Grave Forsaken was great when I heard them. I'd like to hear the new Sacred Slaughter when it comes out.

I like Sacred slaughter. I think they sound a bit like Morbid saint. I guess they need a lineup to fill though. Eric pena is the only dude in the band as of now.

I agree with Ult, tons of new wave thrash, but just not much going on in the christian side of it....Ultimatum, disaffection, and a few others and thats about it.
Back to top Go down
jay
Metal novice
Metal novice
jay

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 8:54 pm

I hope that christian thrash grows more and more. I wish some one would reissue Red Ink, Drop Dead, Final Warning, Final Prophecy plus a few others.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:00 pm

jay wrote:
I hope that christian thrash grows more and more. I wish some one would reissue Red Ink, Drop Dead, Final Warning, Final Prophecy plus a few others.

I've talked with the Drop Dead guys a reissue is not likely.

I can not seem to be able to track down Molne from Red Ink in was last seen in Seattle back in 2005 and the Final Prophecy guys have dropped off the face of the earth as well. Sad
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:03 pm

325ad wrote:
jay wrote:

I've talked with the Drop Dead guys a reissue is not likely.

I can not seem to be able to track down Molne from Red Ink in was last seen in Seattle back in 2005 and the Final Prophecy guys have dropped off the face of the earth as well. Sad

Whats the deal with Drop dead? Why wont they rerelease?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian Thrash metal top 10
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next