Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christian Thrash metal top 10

Go down 
+25
DallasBlack
VictoryInDefiance
zelote
scottmitchell74
kmorg
Fat Freddy
Navouhodonosor
MetalFRO
Lurideath
325ad
Schbopo
James B.
nevermore
powermacho
Troublezone
Metalgiant
thejokeriv
T-Roy
Stender
Temple of Blood
candlemass
Thrasher73
ultmetal
Grimmo
biddle
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 12:46 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Funny...I see everyone mentioning Stop The Bleeding...I never saw it as a Thrash Metal album...I saw it more along the lines of like AGENT STEEL...fast in places, but w/ melodic vocals...the only song w/ Thrash vocals on it was the one about animals (can't remember the name right now) that they made the video with...the rest all had Guy's "King Diamond" styled high clean vocals and lower register clean vocals...

Now, they absolutely utilized more Thrash influences beyond this album...but when it came out, I would not have categorized it as such.
Awful hard to pin down thrash based on vocals. Thrash is about the music, speed and technicality to me. There are a hundred different vocal styles throughout the thrash and metal genres. And STB was definitely thrash musically.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:10 pm

I generally lump speed metal and thrash metal together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:51 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Funny...I see everyone mentioning Stop The Bleeding...I never saw it as a Thrash Metal album...I saw it more along the lines of like AGENT STEEL...fast in places, but w/ melodic vocals...the only song w/ Thrash vocals on it was the one about animals (can't remember the name right now) that they made the video with...the rest all had Guy's "King Diamond" styled high clean vocals and lower register clean vocals...

Now, they absolutely utilized more Thrash influences beyond this album...but when it came out, I would not have categorized it as such.
Awful hard to pin down thrash based on vocals. Thrash is about the music, speed and technicality to me. There are a hundred different vocal styles throughout the thrash and metal genres. And STB was definitely thrash musically.

The tones were quite heavy, especially for the time, and the song Gary sang on is most definitely Thrash...I just never considered it a strictly Thrash Metal album like Deliverance or Extraction From Mortality...
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:53 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

The tones were quite heavy, especially for the time, and the song Gary sang on is most definitely Thrash...I just never considered it a strictly Thrash Metal album like Deliverance or Extraction From Mortality...
Gary? I know he did some of the vocals on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance but don't remember on STB.

Last edited by T-Roy on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:54 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Me too. In the early 80s both terms were more or less interchangeable anyway. One man's "thrash metal" was another man's "speed metal. "

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Me too. In the early 80s both terms were more or less interchangeable anyway. One man's "thrash metal" was another man's "speed metal. "
X 3 \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:56 pm

This can't be done. My list today would probably change tomorrow.

1. Believer - Extraction From Mortality
2. Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice
3. Deliverance - Deliverance
4. Sacrament - Tesimony of Apocalypse
5. Tourniquet - Stop The Bleeding (although I agree, this is speed metal)
6. Mortification - Mortification
7. Ultimatum - Into The Pit
8. Consecrator - Image of Deception
9. Once Dead - Once Dead
10. Detritus - Perpetual Defiance

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:14 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Gary? I know he did some of the vocals on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance but don't remember on STB.

Yup...on the song "Ark Of Suffering"...Track 3. (I rememebred)...
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:30 pm

sheesh...I NEVER knew that dude! Gonna go listen to that one right now. 🤘

Mind like steel trap!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:34 pm

Whatever style it is, that is a monster of a song.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:00 pm

So hard to choose!!

In no order (as that depends on mood);

Deliverance - Deliverance

Deliverance - Weapons Of Our Warfare

Vengeance Rising - Once Dead

Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice

Tourniquet - Stop The Bleeding (I also agree it's more "Speed"...but hey)

Mortification - Mortification

Mortification - Post Momentary Affliction

Ultimatum - Into The Pit

Once Dead - Visions Of Hell

Tourniquet - Pathogenic Occular Dissonance

**Adding to genre controversy, I will always consider Scrolls of the Megiloth and Released Upon the Earth to be more Death Metal offerings, although I recognize that Released may have a weak(er) hold on that claim.**
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:23 pm

I'm surprised how many lists the once dead album made it on. Is it really that good?
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:26 pm

Stender wrote:
I'm surprised how many lists the once dead album made it on.

I agree to me it was disappointing. I thought the Die Happy and Sircle of Silence stuff was better than the Once Dead. angry
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:11 pm

Stender wrote:
I'm surprised how many lists the once dead album made it on. Is it really that good?

I wouldnt call it top 10 of all time good but its pretty decent.A different vocalist would have made it so much better.Great riffs from Glenn Rogers though.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:05 pm

Glennyrd Skynyrd!!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:43 pm

Navouhodonosor wrote:
Stender wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
MetalFRO wrote:

5. Detritus - If But For One
8. Betrayal - The Passing
Never heard of either of these. TOP 10 ALL TIME YOU SAY!?

Betrayal sucks hard, dont get your hopes up if you give em a try. that particular Detritus album isnt really thrash, more powermetalish, but still really cool!

Tha's correct about 2nd Detritus (not thrash) but I think it sucks badly...

BLASPHEMY!!!

"If But For One" is a CLASSIC. It's not "purist" thrash, by any means, but I consider it progressive or artsy thrash, much in the way Anacrusis' final album was. NOT Power Metal by any stretch.

Oh, and Betrayal rules. Not as much as Tourniquet or Deliverance, but they rule just the same.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Navouhodonosor
Metal student
Metal student
Navouhodonosor

Number of posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:47 pm

Hahahahaha!!!! I prefer the 1st cd definitely & the Seventh Angel stuff as well.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 5:25 pm

Check out Arnion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
zelote
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 11:06 pm

• Vengeance Rising- Human Sacrifice
  • Deliverance- Deliverance-
  • Deliverance- Weapons of Our Warfare
  • Tourniquet – Collected Works
  • Believer - Sanity Obscure
  • Ultimatum - Into the Pit
  • Living Sacrifice-S/T
  • Betrayal- The Passing
  • Believer- Dimenssions
  • Ultimatum- Puppet of Destruction
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 8:25 am

I really wish The Moshketeers stuff would have come out on a proper label. I think many more people would have loved it.

Actually, there were a bunch of Christian thrash and speed metal bands that never were afforded the opportunity to be on a label that really could have released great albums.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 8:34 am

ultmetal wrote:
I really wish The Moshketeers stuff would have come out on a proper label. I think many more people would have loved it.

Actually, there were a bunch of Christian thrash and speed metal bands that never were afforded the opportunity to be on a label that really could have released great albums.

yep there was

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 8:51 am

ultmetal wrote:

Yep,Mortal Enemy comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 9:32 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Mortification - Mortification

Mortification - Post Momentary Affliction

**Adding to genre controversy, I will always consider Scrolls of the Megiloth and Released Upon the Earth to be more Death Metal offerings, although I recognize that Released may have a weak(er) hold on that claim.**

See, I never considered either Morty's S/T or PMA to be thrash. I consider both to be death metal. They are more developed than other early progenitors of the style (read: Death's "Scream Bloody Gore" or Possessed's "Seven Churches"), and have hallmarks of the DM style that separate them from extreme thrash bands of the day (Autopsy, for example). I just can't bring myself to consider either album thrash. While DM purists might say that "Scrolls" was the only true DM album Morty ever recorded, as a long-time musician, music fan, and being fairly well educated on the subject, I can't agree with that assessment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 9:48 am

I don't know. I think the first Morty, while having death vocals, had more in common with bands like Kreator, Sodom, Destruction, etc., than with Death, Cancer, Obituary, Morbid Angel, etc. or any of the early death metal bands.

Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 10:00 am

James B. wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

yep there was

What they said! Two of the best that come to mind are Drop Dead, Red Ink, Speaking of Red Ink anyone know how to get ahold of Jorge Molne? If you do PM me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian Thrash metal top 10   Christian Thrash metal top 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian Thrash metal top 10
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next