Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan

Go down 
+15
ultmetal
Troublezone
kmorg
arttieTHE1manparty
mc666
Schbopo
the sentinel
manny
thejokeriv
Required Fields
Smindas
MetalGuy71
GrandNational
Svengo
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:30 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Anyone seen Chris Holmes lately? He was on some VH-1 show about the girls on Sunset Strip. He looks like he's missing teeth or something and looked really bloated and puffy. Kinda scary looking. Guess the years of abuse are starting to catch up with him.

There was an item on Blabbermouth about Holmes about a week ago... apparently he has an album coming out with a new band whose name completely slips my mind at the moment. So...yeah, that was helpful wasn't it?

*EDIT* went back and found the article... Holmes' new band is called "Secret Society"... more info here... http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=123633

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:19 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
So Blackie is awesome becuase he's an @s$h0le and Skolnick sucks because he recounted his encounters w/ Blackie?

That's exaxtly what I was thinking. Just goes to show you, everybody has a right to their opinion til they express it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:32 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
So Blackie is awesome becuase he's an @s$h0le and Skolnick sucks because he recounted his encounters w/ Blackie?

I like 'em both. Got no problem with either one actually.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:37 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Skolnick posted about Blackie mostly due to hearsay. That makes him the dick. And when he finally got to meet him, and foud out that some friends of him was working for Blackie, then he changed his opinion.

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:16 pm

kmorg wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Skolnick posted about Blackie mostly due to hearsay. That makes him the dick. And when he finally got to meet him, and foud out that some friends of him was working for Blackie, then he changed his opinion.

Please...no way. Rolling Eyes Skolnick was just being honest...I read it too.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 2:05 pm

I met Blackie a couple years ago and though he was a bit strange he was very cool to me and all the people there that night. I have liked WASP since the beginning, I think they are a good band. Like Testament too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 9:26 pm

On stage:
Blackie = Entertaining as hell!
SkolDick = Dreadfully Boring

As far as personalities? Never met either one. So, the "live" setting is all I can base my opinion on.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 9:37 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:

I don't know what show you went to, but last year on the Metal Masters tour, he was awesome! He was running around and playing behind his head and had a little interpretive dance battle with Chuck Billy. I don't even like Testament much, but it was awesome! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:47 am

I saw Testament for the 3rd time earlier this week, and I have to agree with Schbopo, Skolnick is far from boring live. The entire band are one of the best groups of live performers I've ever seen.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 1:14 pm

I've seen Testament over 20 times throughout the years and hung out with them on a few occasions. Alex is a great guy and definitely has great stage presence. I've never met Blackie but I like the 1st 4 Wasp albums a lot!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:02 pm

Well, then the big "A" must hate Minnesota. Cuz I have seen Testament twice in the last 6 months, and he completely ruined the show for me both times by just standing up there pretending he is some kind of God. The vibe I got anyways, was that he is above the whole thrash thing nowdays.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Schbopo wrote:
UNCLE SAXON wrote:

I don't know what show you went to, but last year on the Metal Masters tour, he was awesome! He was running around and playing behind his head and had a little interpretive dance battle with Chuck Billy. I don't even like Testament much, but it was awesome! 🤘

I'm with you, I thought he was a great performer. It seems to me personal experience is different for everybody (which is why personal experience is not always a good indication of how things really are). Skolnick thought Blackie was a prick while others who met him didn't get that vibe. Uncle Sax seeing Skolnick live was a boring experience but not for others.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 8:59 pm

Skolnick's lead's are not something that can be played doing back flips on stage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:52 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Skolnick's lead's are not something that can be played doing back flips on stage.

You know something? You are absolutely correct! Thank you so much for that observation. It completely changes my perspective. Man, I feel so low now that I have been shown the light.

But, what about the other 90% of the time - when he is not being forcefully nailed to the stage due to the lightning that flies from his fingertips, mesmerizing all those within earshot?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 11:04 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

You know something? You are absolutely correct! Thank you so much for that observation. It completely changes my perspective. Man, I feel so low now that I have been shown the light.

But, what about the other 90% of the time - when he is not being forcefully nailed to the stage due to the lightning that flies from his fingertips, mesmerizing all those within earshot?

So what youre saying is, if he had Carrie Fisher wrapped around his leg the lightning from the guitar would be acceptable?
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2