Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick

Go down 
+12
pdf0427
metalinmyveins
Witchfinder
Thrasher73
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Troublezone
nevermore
Required Fields
Gilbert
Lari
16 posters

Pick one
Criss Oliva
Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Vote_lcap40%Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Vote_rcap
 40% [ 8 ]
Alex Skolnick
Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Vote_lcap60%Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Vote_rcap
 60% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Empty
PostSubject: Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick   Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 4:25 pm

Which one do you take? This is interesting.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick   Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 5:00 pm

Criss Oliva.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick   Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 5:07 pm

Alex Skolnick.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick   Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 5:17 pm

I went with Alex.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick   Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 5:19 pm

I love Criss Oliva’s playing, but Alex Skolnick is the greatest!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick   Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 5:26 pm

Alex Skolnick
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick   Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 5:40 pm

Skolnick. I like everything he's done with Testament and I enjoy his jazz stuff too.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick   Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 6:45 pm

Criss, as much like Vito Bratta, I sometimes just focus on his guitar. I have always loved his tone, and the intros/outros to a lot 'Tage songs are great because of them.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick   Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 6:49 pm

Sentinel: you're on to something. Nobody does outros like Criss Oliva did.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick   Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 10:02 pm

Love both, voted for Alex because I’ve listened to him longer.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick   Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 10:36 pm

Skolnick
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick   Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 11:01 pm

Skolnick, just due to the fact that I've always been a bit more into Testament than I was with Savatage.
Back to top Go down
pdf0427
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick   Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 11:09 am

This isn't exactly a scientific poll, but it is one more piece showing that Criss is the most criminally underrated guitarist in the history of hard rock.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick   Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 9:59 am

Alex Skolnick by a hair
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick   Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 12:24 pm

Crazy that Alex Skolnick is winning! He's a great guitar player, but no match for Oliva.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick   Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 2:27 pm

Here’s a cool Testament and Savatage related video. Chuck Billy interviewing the Olivia brothers.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick   Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 3:11 pm

Criss O, nothin' against Alex but I always preferred Savatage over Testament.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick   Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 3:42 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Here’s a cool Testament and Savatage related video. Chuck Billy interviewing the Olivia brothers.

Did Criss even say a word in that whole interview? lol!

Jon was always the talker, for sure. As evidenced by his Storytellers Tour.

I've seen a bunch of Criss interviews and he was never as comfortable in front of the camera.

I watch a lot of Skolnick videos on Youtube and he's creepy hilarious. Totally into his guitars, but not necessarily explaining everything that well. "And if you want to uh play this, uh you just uh put your hands here like this and... *impossible shredding, nearly melts the guitar*... like that." I can do a pretty good impersonation. Of the talking. Not the shredding.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick   Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 5:52 pm

The Savatage sound ! Love it ! All of it !
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick   Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 11:40 pm

Glower wrote:

I will be spinning some Savatage on my way to work this morning headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick   Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 1:41 am

Gilbert wrote:
Glower wrote:

I will be spinning some Savatage on my way to work this morning headbanger.
But will it be with Oliva or with Skolnick?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick   Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 2:20 am

Here's what i was spinning actually earlier in the car:

Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick IMG-20200609-WA0020
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick   Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guitar Heroes: Criss Oliva vs Alex Skolnick
Page 1 of 1