Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan

Go down 
+15
ultmetal
Troublezone
kmorg
arttieTHE1manparty
mc666
Schbopo
the sentinel
manny
thejokeriv
Required Fields
Smindas
MetalGuy71
GrandNational
Svengo
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Empty
PostSubject: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 3:13 pm

Check out Alex Skolnick's latest blog entry about an encounter with Blackie Lawless of W.A.S.P. -- thought it was pretty funny

http://skolnotes.blogspot.com/

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 3:22 pm

Pretty funny, and he has some pretty good insight there as well.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 3:43 pm

Never liked the music of W.A.S.P. myself. The 3 or 4 albums I had have long been sold.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 3:47 pm

Sounds about right. Cool

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:58 pm

Wouldn't expect anything less of Blackie. Love W.A.S.P., but the guy definitely still has a huge ego. W.A.S.P. wouldn't be the same without it though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:43 pm

My guitar teacher met Blackie about 20 years ago, and said he was actually a pretty nice guy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 8:26 pm

LOL!!! HIs ego is writing checks that his body can't cash
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:18 pm

Look if you are going to get up on stage with a sawblade between your legs and Chris Holmes is your lead guitarist, you better have an ego the size of Mount Rushmore.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:22 pm

manny wrote:
Look if you are going to get up on stage with a sawblade between your legs and Chris Holmes is your lead guitarist, you better have an ego the size of Mount Rushmore.

True.

Also, I found it odd that Skolnick mentioned Steven Tyler and Roger Daltry as rock royalty (which I agree with) and then said what band they're from. If they are rock royalty, you shouldn't have to say that. I don't know, it just struck me odd. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:58 pm

I've never been much a WASP fan either, but it's cool that Alex is still acknowledging Blackie as being kinda not a douche. Really, I found his thoughts on Michael Jackson's death right below this entry much more interesting.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 1:26 am

i like Blackie & WASP. i could care less about Skolnick. Testament was better without him.

arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 1:27 am

Love WASP...love Testament...nothing's changed.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 12:39 pm

Remember, it's just one man's views. Alex seems thoughtful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:14 pm

WASP rules and SkolDick should have his mouth sown shut. What a douche.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:27 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
WASP rules and SkolDick should have his mouth sown shut. What a douche.

Ahhh......THAT's why we're friends. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 6:46 pm

That's why? You're easy Spec. [I thought it was our agreement to trade some of my hair for that Desperado cd.....]
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 11:14 pm

manny wrote:

My guitar teacher also met Chris Holmes, and said he was actually a douche.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:24 am

Alex didn't have the balls to let his first post stand after he met Blackie in person.

Blackie is high on my wish-I-could-meet-him list. Skolnock isn't even on it!

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:05 am

I like Skolnick a lot better than Blackie. This isn't the first time i've heard about Blackie being an jerk either.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:55 am

Actually I found both blogs on Blackie to be an interesting read.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:30 am

Required Fields wrote:
manny wrote:

My guitar teacher also met Chris Holmes, and said he was actually a douche.

I met Chris Holmes once, he was too smurfed up to say anything and really just drooled, said something in gibberish fell off the stool and got carried out, pretty much the most disappointing band encounter Ive ever had.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:36 am

Quote :
I met Chris Holmes once, he was too smurfed up to say anything and really just drooled, said something in gibberish fell off the stool and got carried out, pretty much the most disappointing band encounter Ive ever had.

He would get along great with Ozzy.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:30 pm

Anyone seen Chris Holmes lately? He was on some VH-1 show about the girls on Sunset Strip. He looks like he's missing teeth or something and looked really bloated and puffy. Kinda scary looking. Guess the years of abuse are starting to catch up with him.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:14 am

Haha, I like the updated post about Blackie... and how Manowar's insane backstage demands make him seem like "a pussycat" in comparison

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:34 am

So Blackie is awesome becuase he's an @s$h0le and Skolnick sucks because he recounted his encounters w/ Blackie?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan   Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alex Skolnick - not much of a W.A.S.P. fan
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next