Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HEAVENS FORCE "aggressive angel" christian thrash demos reissue

Go down 
+8
Sutekh
Dave the Boss
arttieTHE1manparty
shamgar75
MetalFRO
opengraverecords
kmorg
Stender
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

HEAVENS FORCE "aggressive angel" christian thrash demos reissue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAVENS FORCE "aggressive angel" christian thrash demos reissue   HEAVENS FORCE "aggressive angel" christian thrash demos reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 6:24 am

MetalFRO wrote:
True, but keep in mind this is demo material. I think part of the curiosity is the Slayer-like sound so early on, with Christian lyrics & themes. For what it is, it's good stuff, but obviously not at the top of the early thrash heap.

Yeah, that's true. However, I can name at least 10 demo bands who were heavier/faster than these guys. The fact that these guys were the first Christian thrashers doesn't interest me a whole lot I'm afraid. But with that said, it's not BAD by any stretch of the imagination, just not very special. My biggest problem on the whole is with the packaging, which is downright crap.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: HEAVENS FORCE "aggressive angel" christian thrash demos reissue   HEAVENS FORCE "aggressive angel" christian thrash demos reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 8:17 am

I don't even hear a "Slayer-like" sound. I think this demo has more in common with bands like Exciter and Venom than Slayer.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: HEAVENS FORCE "aggressive angel" christian thrash demos reissue   HEAVENS FORCE "aggressive angel" christian thrash demos reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 8:45 am

Checking out the tracks on myspace and it does remind me of early Slayer. They sound like they should have been on one of the old Metal Massacre albums.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: HEAVENS FORCE "aggressive angel" christian thrash demos reissue   HEAVENS FORCE "aggressive angel" christian thrash demos reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:34 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
MetalFRO wrote:
True, but keep in mind this is demo material. I think part of the curiosity is the Slayer-like sound so early on, with Christian lyrics & themes. For what it is, it's good stuff, but obviously not at the top of the early thrash heap.

Yeah, that's true. However, I can name at least 10 demo bands who were heavier/faster than these guys. The fact that these guys were the first Christian thrashers doesn't interest me a whole lot I'm afraid. But with that said, it's not BAD by any stretch of the imagination, just not very special. My biggest problem on the whole is with the packaging, which is downright crap.

Yeah, I was also disapointed with the packaging. I was expecting like some sort of a history with tons of photos.....atleast put it in a jewel case and not a damn digipak. I hate digipaks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HEAVENS FORCE "aggressive angel" christian thrash demos reissue   HEAVENS FORCE "aggressive angel" christian thrash demos reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HEAVENS FORCE "aggressive angel" christian thrash demos reissue
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2