Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michael Jackson died today

Go down 
+27
XYZ
Addy
mez
A Handful of Wayne
QuothTheRaven
sam
SlaytanicPOWER
T-Roy
Wicked Rick
stepcousin
MetalGuy71
Lari
Troublezone
mc666
Leatherface
akeldama
Fat Freddy
Schbopo
DallasBlack
tohostudios
GrandNational
snooloui
Smindas
spiritoradio
Stender
Rex
manny
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:24 pm

Ed McMahon died a few days ago at the same hospital as MJ, Farah Fawcett died too but itll be MJ that everyone will be talkin about, Im not a fan but im shocked
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:29 pm

This is a bad week to be a celebrity. May they all rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 12:21 am

I heard he wanted to tour for 2 years or 3. I guess he could sell out plenty of those shows, since his music played a big part on the 80's culture
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:00 am

Quote :
Ed McMahon died a few days ago at the same hospital as MJ, Farah Fawcett died too but itll be MJ that everyone will be talkin about, Im not a fan but im shocked

Someone made a bad joke that even as a stiff, he's still getting stiffed.

Quote :
MJ chose to live as he did, and he had an amusment park and zoo in his back yard. This girl who just died and was on the news, the poor father will eventually have to return to work, he will have to wake up the rest of his life with out the embrace of his wife or daughter.... that to me is the sad stories.

Yeah, there certainly are many more people deserving of our sympathy and attention than a bunch of spoiled celebrities who squandered money and fame most of us will never get to enjoy.

Quote :
Same here. I'm too hung up on his bizarre behavior and accusations to feel saddened or care much. My day will continue as normally scheduled.

It doesn't change my scedule either, nor does the death of any celebrity. However, I do feel sorry for the guy. He was beaten and molested by his father as a child and never got to have a normal childhood. The guy was definatly screwed up in the head and if he wasn't a celebrity he would have never been allowed to be near a child let alone be able to have one. The celbrity culture should certainly take some of the blame for the things he was able to get away with (that and the dumb ass parents who let their kids spend the night with a strange man).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 3:49 pm

VH1 Classic has pre-empted all of their regular programming today in order to run all-Michael Jackson, all the time. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, though I was a little annoyed when I flipped it on this afternoon hoping to see some "Metal Mania" Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 10:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
VH1 Classic has pre-empted all of their regular programming today in order to run all-Michael Jackson, all the time. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, though I was a little annoyed when I flipped it on this afternoon hoping to see some "Metal Mania" Laughing

Reminds me of when I wanted to watch Headbanger's Ball and MTV was running all Kurt Cobain, all the time (actually it lasted all week).
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 12:29 am

mez wrote:
So many people die everyday that never had money or the ease of life that Farrah or MJ had due to the unimaginable wealth they had. Does it mean they had an easy life or a better life? No

When anyone passes it is just sad, but you know yesterday on the news before Farrah and MJ's announcing of their deaths I watched a story where an 18 year girl died in a car accident, only for the news to mention that just 3 weeks prior her mother died on the girls graduation day, she died of cancer. To me that is tragic, and that is where prayers,thoughts or help should be provided.

MJ chose to live as he did, and he had an amusment park and zoo in his back yard. This girl who just died and was on the news, the poor father will eventually have to return to work, he will have to wake up the rest of his life with out the embrace of his wife or daughter.... that to me is the sad stories.
Sheeziz buddy, I suddenly have the urge to go lay on some railroad tracks. Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 875605
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:09 pm

I don't prefer how when a music artist dies, they become immortalized and the fad/hype starts.

I dislike even more, are people who ridicule others for liking them more after they died.

(I'm drawing on my experiences with Dimebag Darrell primarily. I've always been a fan, but now you can't say "YEAH Dimebag!" without some purist dickface going "lol he sucks and you like him cause he died."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:12 am

Over 1.6 MILLION ticket requests received for Jackson's memorial service.

affraid
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:39 am

why should you be surprised about that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:05 pm

sam wrote:
why should you be surprised about that?

Good question. As for me it's not suprising but very sad.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 8:54 am

Yesterday was my day off and I actually found myself watching quite a bit of the MJ memorial service on TV (well, I really didn't have much choice -- it was seemingly on every channel). I gotta say they gave the guy a heck of a send off.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 9:58 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Yesterday was my day off and I actually found myself watching quite a bit of the MJ memorial service on TV (well, I really didn't have much choice -- it was seemingly on every channel). I gotta say they gave the guy a heck of a send off.

From what I hear while listening to talk radio, that was only just the beginning. The Jackson media circus is not done yet.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:01 am

DallasBlack wrote:

From what I hear while listening to talk radio, that was only just the beginning. The Jackson media circus is not done yet.

Oh, of course not. The best thing MJ could've done to revive his career, was to kick the bucket.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:26 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Oh, of course not. The best thing MJ could've done to revive his career, was to kick the bucket.

A guy in work said yesterday "What if this just an elaborate hoax to kick of his London concerts?"

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 1:53 pm

Anyone see this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y3jlzS_BZc

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:12 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Anyone see this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y3jlzS_BZc
"It's just da THRILLA"! **kicks leg out**
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:15 pm

T-Roy wrote:
"It's just da THRILLA"! **kicks leg out**

You forgot to go "WOOOO! EEEE-HEE-HEE!" when you did that.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 4:11 pm

shamon...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:07 pm

Here's an interesting stat: In the wake of Michael Jackson's death, Jackson's catalog sold 422,000 copies in the first week (42% of them being C.D's). This past week though that number jumped up to 800,000 (A whopping 82% of those were C.D's). No matter what one thinks of Michael Jackson, I think these are good stats for the C.D industry. It's not going to change perception out there, but I think number like those are a warning to those who've already called for the death of the compact disc.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart_watch/35974/week-ending-july-5-2009-all-michael-all-the-time/
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:26 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Here's an interesting stat: In the wake of Michael Jackson's death, Jackson's catalog sold 422,000 copies in the first week (42% of them being C.D's). This past week though that number jumped up to 800,000 (A whopping 82% of those were C.D's). No matter what one thinks of Michael Jackson, I think these are good stats for the C.D industry. It's not going to change perception out there, but I think number like those are a warning to those who've already called for the death of the compact disc.

[url=http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart_watch/35974/week-ending-july-5-2009-all-michael-all-the-time/
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart_watch/35974/week-ending-july-5-2009-all-michael-all-the-time/[/quote[/url]]

As I mentioned earlier on in this thread, I was in 2 different Best Buys a few days after his death and while the selection was on the small-ish side, I noticed that the cd racks for both Michael solo and the Jackson 5 were both completley empty. Nothing sells music like the death of an artist. Maybe Metal Church could have learned a thing or 2 here.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Maybe Metal Church could have learned a thing or 2 here.

Laughing very hard When David Wayne died in 2005, I didn't see the Metal Church catalog topping the charts.

Though it would be kinda cool to see a rush of people suddenly become interested in Crimson Glory now that Midnight's kicked the bucket. It'll never happen tho.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Laughing very hard When David Wayne died in 2005, I didn't see the Metal Church catalog topping the charts.

Though it would be kinda cool to see a rush of people suddenly become interested in Crimson Glory now that Midnight's kicked the bucket. It'll never happen tho.

Yikes!! I forgot about David. My bad. While they didn't race up the charts, I bet if we looked at the numbers at the time, you'd see a surge (albeit slight) in the Metal Church catalog at that time. Same with Crimson Glory too. It'd be a small surge, but a boost in sales nonetheless. Heck, I'd like to get me some CG. Their old stuff has been on my want-list for years. The only one I have is Strange & Beautiful.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Heck, I'd like to get me some CG. Their old stuff has been on my want-list for years. The only one I have is Strange & Beautiful.

The other two CG's with Midnight (Self titled and TRANSCENDENCE) were both reissued by Metal Mind Productions in the last year or two, MG... shouldn't be too hard to find 'em on Amazon or wherever.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yikes!! I forgot about David. My bad. While they didn't race up the charts, I bet if we looked at the numbers at the time, you'd see a surge (albeit slight) in the Metal Church catalog at that time. Same with Crimson Glory too. It'd be a small surge, but a boost in sales nonetheless. Heck, I'd like to get me some CG. Their old stuff has been on my want-list for years. The only one I have is Strange & Beautiful.

Wow you'll want to throw that cd away when you get their first 2 albums.

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson died today
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next