Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Five Albums That Changed Your Life

Go down 
+51
Rami Airola
Gilbert
muztaine
DeathCult
Svengo
Cliffy
Wargod
Jedilink
krokus
juanmiguel
DallasBlack
spiritoradio
Ben Grimm
stevegarveyfan
QuothTheRaven
XYZ
sam
powermacho
ultmetal
Glenn Rogers
MetalGuy71
SlaytanicPOWER
Getizzyback
INVADERS
Leatherface
mez
jstate
James B.
sheets
candlemass
Stender
7thSecond
T-Roy
iamrockerfun
kmorg
akeldama
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
Dave the Boss
stepcousin
Troublezone
Thrasher73
tohostudios
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
manny
Smindas
ghost
Lari
mc666
Schbopo
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 6:27 pm

manny wrote:
7thSecond wrote:
Quiet Riot - Metal Health
Def Leppard - Pyromania
Motley Crue - Shout At The Devil
Metallica - Ride The Lightning
7 Seconds - Walk Together Rock Together
D.R.I. - Dealing With It!
Corrosion Of Conformity - Animosity

Sorry I tried to break it down to just 5 but it just wouldn't work. I got close though.

I knew 7 Seconds would make your list. Smile
Well of course. Those were all INPO by the way.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 7:15 pm

Accept - Balls to the Wall, Quiet Riot - Metal Health: Pretty much my introduction to heavy music.

Queen - News of the World: I just really dug the album cover (the band was pretty good, too).

Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time, Metallica - Master of Puppets: These confirmed me as an honest-to-God metal fan.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 7:45 pm

Allman Brothers Band at Fillmore East
(the very first album I ever got...a birthday present from my dad. 7 years old)

Humble Pie-Performance:Rockin The Fillmore
(the first albums I learned to play every song on the drums)

UFO-Strangers In The Night
(got my first hummer on the Santa Anna River bottom listening to this on 8-track)

Priest-Sad Wings of Destiny and Scorps-In Trance
(got me going to indie/import record shops)

Van Halen s/t
(made me realize something new was just around the corner)

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 7:56 pm

You may have been bored Schooobop but this was a great idea for a thread IMO!

🤘

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:06 pm

I wouldn't go so far to claim that a record ever changed my life, but I would say these five changed for the better my love of music.

Ozzy - Diary Of A Madman / Krokus - One Vice At A Time, these were my introductions to metal and still love them both today.

Suicidal Tendencies - Join The Army (How Will I Laugh.. would also count)

Megadeth - Rust In Peace

Warrior Soul - Last Decade Dead Century

Slayer - South Of Heaven
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:43 pm

I agree, this is a great idea for a thread.

It is hard to narrow down 5 albums, but many have mentioned great albums. I guess if I had to guess off the top of my head it would be:

1. Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time/7th Son of a 7th Son (heard and got into both albums at the same time).

2. Guns and Roses - Appetite for Destruction

3. Faith No More - The Real Thing

4. Metallica - And Justice for All

5. Pink Floyd - Momentary Lapse of Reason
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:43 pm

T-Roy wrote:
🇬🇹 LOVE IT

Not hard for me. These ones just floored me as a young teenager and LITERALLY reshaped everything I thought music was or was supposed to be:

DELIVERANCE - Weapons of Our Warfare
VENGEANCE RISING - Human Sacrifice
STRYPER - Soldiers Under Command

And then these two really floored me and got me back into metal even deeper the second time around after a long deliberate and foolish separation:

BECOMING THE ARCHETYPE - Terminate Damnation
LIVING SACRIFICE - Conceived In Fire

I'd also have to include the "kids" IMPENDING DOOM in the later category as well.

I was gonna put Living Sacrifice-Conceived In Fire as well but I put the first 5 that came to mind.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:28 pm

Iron Maiden-Somewhere in Time(my first Maiden record and the album that started to get me into the heavier side of metal)
Metallica-Master of Puppets(Perhaps my favorite record ever)
Testament-The Legacy(a classic)
Flotsam and Jetsam-Doomsday for the Deceiver(one of the best debutes ever)
Motley Crue-Shout at the Devil(I hate everything they have done since this record, but I have to admit it was my favorite record when I was 12-13)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 3:59 am

- Iron Maiden: Piece Of Mind
- Judas Priest: Unleshed In The East
- Megadeth: Rust In Peace
- Pantera: A Vulgar Display Of Power
- Down: NOLA
- Corrosion Of Conformity: Wiseblood
- Thin Lizzy: Live & Dangerous
- Ted Nugent: Double Live Gonzo
- Crowbar: Odd Fellows Rest
- Kiss: Kiss

- Impossible to narrow down to just five, so my top 10.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 4:12 am

1. AC/DC - Back in Black
2. AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
3. Motley Crue - Shout At The Devil
4. Def Leppard - Pyromania
5. Ratt - Out Of The Cellar

For the record, I Liked Motley's Too Fast For Love and Quiet Riot's
Metal Health too.I remember people in high school jamming all the
stuff I listed and it just kept getting bigger and bigger thru out the 80s.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 11:57 am

akeldama wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
🇬🇹 LOVE IT

Not hard for me. These ones just floored me as a young teenager and LITERALLY reshaped everything I thought music was or was supposed to be:

DELIVERANCE - Weapons of Our Warfare
VENGEANCE RISING - Human Sacrifice
STRYPER - Soldiers Under Command

And then these two really floored me and got me back into metal even deeper the second time around after a long deliberate and foolish separation:

BECOMING THE ARCHETYPE - Terminate Damnation
LIVING SACRIFICE - Conceived In Fire

I'd also have to include the "kids" IMPENDING DOOM in the later category as well.

I was gonna put Living Sacrifice-Conceived In Fire as well but I put the first 5 that came to mind.
LOVE THAT CD! headbanger
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:07 pm

Pantera: Cowboys From Hell (still reminds me of summer after 9th grade, and still reminds of 10th grade)

Slayer:
Divine Intervention (my first Slayer album, i have never heard ANYTHING like this prior to metal.)

Godsmack:
Godsmack (my 'gateway drug' into metal)

Kittie: Spit (same as Godsmack)

Metallica: Metallica (dad used to blast this stuff all the time when i was little)
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:56 pm

SlaytanicPOWER wrote:

Godsmack: [/b]Godsmack (my 'gateway drug' into metal)
Probably one of the only numetal bands I've ever liked. Good CD too. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:01 pm

GnR - Appetite for Destruction
My introduction to hard rock/heavy metal. I've been grateful ever since.

Aerosmith - Permanent Vacation
My introduction to the band, forcing me to purchase their entire back catalog ASAP

Megadeth - So Far, So Good...So What?
My introduction to thrash metal, also includes my favorite 'deth tune ever In My Darkest Hour

Metallica - Ride the Lightning
My introduction to the band, also includes my favorite tune Fade To Black

Motorhead - No Remorse
Like Aerosmith, this was my introduction to the band, forcing me to purchase their entire back catalog ASAP. It's been true love ever since.

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:08 pm

No Remorse was a great set of music. The new songs with the Phil Campbell /Wurzel guitar combo are awesome...especially Steal Your Face!

My first Motorhead album was Another Perfect Day, I was an immediate fan. Ran out and bought No Remorse as soon as it came out.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:13 pm

Here is my list...

1. The Beatles - Meet the Beatles Made me want to learn to play the guitar in 1976.

2. Jimi Hendrix - Axis Bold As Love Made me want to get better.

3. Led Zeppelin VI - Made me want to get heavier.

4. UFO - Strangers In The Night Tought me how to solo.

5. Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast My first Metal concert, the rest is history.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:34 pm

Aerosmith - Toys in the Attic
The album that made me become a music fanatic in 1975. I was in grade school.

Aerosmith - Rocks
Heard this album in 1976 and thought for sure it was one of the heaviest albums ever. In the mid 1990's it was also the album that made me realize that my Christian music only obsession was over. 94 Rock played an entire album side of Rocks. I was switching channels and came across it. Listened to the whole thing and just enjoyed it so much and what do you know, I wasn't worshipping Satan or committing some horrid sin, but thanking God for the great music.

Judas Priest - Stained Class
Exciter made my jaw hit the floor back around 1979 - 1980. I thought it was the heaviest thing ever recorded and it made me metal fan from that point on.

Stryper - Soldiers Under Command

Not sure what it was about this album but it sure did get me though some hard times while in college.

Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice
I was working for some interior design company over the summer break while in college. I was driving a truck delivering carpets, furniture and tile. While making a delivery one day I saw this little Christian book store and decided to go in and see what new music they had. I picked up this cassette by Vengeance Rising and listened to the demo. That tape consumed me for weeks and weeks. I swore if I was ever in a band I would be in a band just like this one. Who would have guessed some years later I would actually be singing for that band at a reunion show. Very cool.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:20 pm

PETRA - EN ALABANZA cassette(This album changed my entire life, When I became a christian I got my first rock album, I already liked kiss and AC/DC when I was 7, but never owned an album before)

Parousia - Como Ladron en la noche(Like a thief in the night) This was a local rock band from the church I atended on Guatemala, I got it right after the Petra album. "Like a thief in the night" made me want to get even more rock. Basicly I was lisening christian rock and metal while my friends where into the PoP music at the time.

Payable of death - The fundamental elemensts This band I discovered while watching a christian tv program, where they showed some music videos. Then after I got the album, It showed me and my friends that christian music could be cooler and heavier. Even thought I don't listen to it anymore, It open my mind and helped me to find more rock music

Mortification - Blood World Right after I got my P.O.D. album my cousing went to the city to seek more heavy christian rock, and he came with this life changing album. This album, helped me on hard times of my youth to get into the right patch

Tourniquet - The Collected Works After my cousing brought the Mort album I decided to go to the city and bring another rock album. The lady of the christian store had some mort albums, but I decided to try something different.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 4:00 pm

T-Roy wrote:
SlaytanicPOWER wrote:

Godsmack: [/b]Godsmack (my 'gateway drug' into metal)
Probably one of the only numetal bands I've ever liked. Good CD too. \'arry \'eadbanger

They have some catchy stuff. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 5:53 pm

This might be embarrassing, but here we go:

Norma Jean - O'God, The aftermath: Horrible record, but it got me out of rap and the mainstream garbage.

Megadeth - United Abominations: Introduced me to real metal.

Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos: Introduced me to progressive music, experimental music. One of the records that made me want to learn how to play guitar.

Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked: Introduced me to death metal.

Megadeth - Peace Sells: Peace sells was the first song I learned to play on guitar, Introduced me to real thrash.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 7:48 pm

Queen - Shear Heart Attack
"Brighton Rock" had me hooked immediately

Van Halen - 1984
Always loved "Panama." This album is perfect.

Metallica - Master Of Puppets
My first introduction to metal. This album amazed me then, and it amazes me now.

Led Zeppelin - Fourth Album
Like Shear Heart Attack, the first song had me hooked (Black Dog).

Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon
Epic.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:56 pm

I don't know about life changing, but the first five spent a lot of time on my turntable when I was a kid.

Aerosmith: Get Your Wings - This was actually my older brother's record, but I listened to it over and over as a kid. My intro to heavy music.

Kansas: Leftoverture & Point of No Return - These two albums sparked my interest in progressive rock, again courtesy of my brother's collection.

AC/DC: Back in Black
- The soundtrack to my senior year in high school. Bought this with money mom gave me for school clothes! Laughing

Styx: Grand Illusion - I know Styx gets a bad rap, but this album was awesome back in the day.

Opeth: Blackwater Park
- A revelation! Extreme music that is simultaneously brutal and beautiful, very heavy and progressive. Breathtaking!

Okay, so technically it's six albums, but only five groups...
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 11:57 pm

If we're talking metal/hard rock only, here goes:

Whitecross Hammer & Nail (While not one of my favorites, it IS the album that my friend had that really made me realize that there was metal out there.)

VA Hot Metal Summer II (This one had Deliverance's "If You Will", possibly the best speed metal song EVER.)

Tourniquet Stop the Bleeding (a pure slab of mind-mangling metal)

Death Symbolic (Billy Fraser introduced me to this band, and my music taste has never gotten over this awesome band.)

Believer Extraction From Mortality (When I first heard this album, it blew me away. Twenty years later, it blows me away.)
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:04 am

Life changing
Vengeance Rising - Once Dead
Vengeance Rising - Destruction Comes
Vengeance Rising - Released Upon the Earth
With out those albums I would be a different person.
Van Halen- 5150 my first hard rock album ......and I still like it better than DLR era Van Halen.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:58 am

Ben Grimm wrote:
Life changing
Vengeance Rising - Once Dead
Vengeance Rising - Destruction Comes
Vengeance Rising - Released Upon the Earth
With out those albums I would be a different person.
Van Halen- 5150 my first hard rock album ......and I still like it better than DLR era Van Halen.
Desctruction Comes and RUTE WHERE AWESEOME and VERY underrated still even to this day IMO. Killer killer stuff especially considering all the line up changes and RM constantly getting hosed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Five Albums That Changed Your Life   Five Albums That Changed Your Life - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Five Albums That Changed Your Life
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next