Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS

Go down 
+7
Lurideath
sheets
BillRoxx
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
manny
Troublezone
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS   TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:55 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I heard that Dio may retire after he does one more solo record... so maybe Iommi could get Tony Martin back in the band?

Tony Martin's live vocals are not too good these days. If Dio does call it a day it may be the right time to have a Sabbath Rest!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS   TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 4:27 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS   TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:44 pm

The tour's been cancelled

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=123348

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS   TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:49 pm

Wow, that came and went really fast.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS   TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:13 pm

detuned wrote:

No reason is given for the cancellation but if I had to hazard a guess I'd say it was probably due to massive disinterest on the part of the ticket-buying public....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS   TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
detuned wrote:

No reason is given for the cancellation but if I had to hazard a guess I'd say it was probably due to massive disinterest on the part of the ticket-buying public....

Sabbath songs without Iommi doesn't sound appealing to me. Although "Speak of the Devil" wasn't so bad for the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS   TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:23 pm

I remember when I first got Speak Of The Devil, quite a bit of the Sabbath material I hadn't heard up to that point. However, my Mother was a rather harsh critic of the album...she kept saying "that doesn't sound right", "they're playing that wrong", "it kinda sounds like Iron Man but not as good as the original", etc.

After a couple weeks of hearing SOTD around the house she went out and bought We Sold Our Soul For Rock N Roll on vinyl...then instructed me..."Play this instead".

I loved her for that.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS   TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:27 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Sabbath songs without Iommi doesn't sound appealing to me. Although "Speak of the Devil" wasn't so bad for the time.

Aside from that, the particular era of Sabbath that this "band" is pimping wasn't terribly popular on this side of the pond. Yea, I know, it has a cult following but they wouldn't be pulling in Heaven & Hell size crowds by any means.

If they had come over here to do quick drop-in gigs at some of the retro-'80s festivals (Rocklahoma, Rock Gone Wild, etc.) it might've worked out but I don't think they would've raked in mad benjaminz doing a full scale U.S. tour on their own...

detuned wrote:
I remember when I first got Speak Of The Devil, quite a bit of the Sabbath material I hadn't heard up to that point. However, my Mother was a rather harsh critic of the album...she kept saying "that doesn't sound right", "they're playing that wrong", "it kinda sounds like Iron Man but not as good as the original", etc.

After a couple weeks of hearing SOTD around the house she went out and bought We Sold Our Soul For Rock N Roll on vinyl...then instructed me..."Play this instead".

I loved her for that.

That's awesome!! All my Mom would've said was "TURN THAT SH*T DOWN!" Haha.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS   TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:34 pm

He should have called it "Headless Cross Purposes", maybe could have sold an additional 5 tickets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS   TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:07 pm

detuned wrote:
He should have called it "Headless Cross Purposes", maybe could have sold an additional 5 tickets.

Or..."The Forbidden Eternally Headless Cross Purposes Tour".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS   TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TONY MARTIN U.S. Tour under the name HEADLESS CROSS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2