Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony

Go down 
+7
manny
ultmetal
Required Fields
XYZ
powermacho
Schbopo
Ben Grimm
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Empty
PostSubject: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:39 pm

http://whtq.com/blogs/rock_news/2009/06/van-halen-erases-mike-anthony.html#more
I heard this on the radio, no Sammy eiether it is Roth era Van Halen with Wolfie playing bass, what an insult Anthony was always in Van Halen I hope this game goes down in flames.......Chickenfoot rocks!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:47 pm

Bullcrap! That is a freaking joke! Bah. :swear:

But I'll probably still buy it.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:58 pm

Rolling Stones has not confirmed if it is true or not, but the game trailer makes it look like no Mike Anthony
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:01 am

the spinal tap moments keep on coming lol!
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:13 am

Why is my favorite band full of a bunch of jackasses?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 am

xyz wrote:
Why is my favorite band full of a bunch of jackasses?

Because you touch yourself at night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:21 am

Bunch of whiney babies, holding stupid grudges over things that don't matter in the slightest. Eddie Van Halen has become one of the biggest idiot's on the planet. Anthony was as responsible for the success of Van Halen as the guitarist himself. Those background vocals were all him. As well, his bass playing provided the backbone for this bands sound.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:51 am

I agree with ULT, a part of Van Halen's sound, especially during the DLR years was Michael Anthony's backround vocals.

As far as not including Sammy Hagar, while it was not my favorite line up of Van Halen, they enjoyed a very successful career during the Hagar era and he should be acknowledged.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:59 am

Man Ult, you nailed it. I find Eddie one of the most annoying people out there.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:10 am

mez wrote:
Man Ult, you nailed it. I find Eddie one of the most annoying people out there.

Agreed - the still sold millions and millions of albums with Hager and there is some really good Van Hager music. But, Michael Anthony was a big part of the success - he gave VH those unique background vocals. I am listening to Chickenfoot right now and just loving his background vocals.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:43 pm

It was confirmed yesturday that neither Hagar or Anthony will be in the game. I can kind of see Hagar not being in the game because of the reunion right now but to have Wolfie in there is just stupid. He never played on any album and some of the characters in the game are based on VH from the 80's. Hopefully they change something and atleast make them unlockable characters. It would be stupid to completely erase someone from the band that was there since day 1.

It surprises me that Alex goes along with Eddies shinanigans. I know they are brothers but come on when your wrong your wrong and what they have done over the years with Hagar and now with Anthony is just wrong. I wouldnt be surprised if Eddie kicks Wolfie out eventually haha.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:44 pm

Oh and btw why does Wolfie look like fred flintstone in the outfit he wears on stage?

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:45 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Oh and btw why does Wolfie look like fred flintstone in the outfit he wears on stage?

Because he looks like Fred Flintstone when he's stark naked. That kid looks like cro-magnon man.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:48 pm

The Sammy Hagar thing I can kinda see, the game is going for the "classic" era. But Wolfie instead of Michael is just a dick move on the Van Halen bothers (or just Eddie?) part.

I suppose if they are not using Michael Anthony's likeness, they don't have to give him a cut of the profits. Would he still get something from the music rights or did Eddie erase him from the credits as well?

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:49 pm

I think Eddie is related to Sharon.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Would he still get something from the music rights or did Eddie erase him from the credits as well?

Michael was removed from the writing credits a year ago, I believe.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:20 pm

xyz wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Would he still get something from the music rights or did Eddie erase him from the credits as well?

Michael was removed from the writing credits a year ago, I believe.

I thought that might have been the case, but I wasn't sure.

Quote :

So when can we expect the re-release of the Van Halen catalog with Wolfgang's bass playing?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:59 pm

Michael Anthony had to give up his share of his rights for merch and his percentage of his share of royalities when he agreed to do the tour they did with Sammy Hagar a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:12 pm

Well, let's not forget that Cliff, Jason, Dave, and Ron weren't represented in the Guitar Hero: Metallica game. That game only had current band members as well.

Cliff Burton was THE bassist of Metallica, just like Michael Anthony was THE bassist for Van Halen. When you look at it that way, it doesn't seem as bad, imo.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:19 pm

xyz wrote:
Well, let's not forget that Cliff, Jason, Dave, and Ron weren't represented in the Guitar Hero: Metallica game. That game only had current band members as well.

Cliff Burton was THE bassist of Metallica, just like Michael Anthony was THE bassist for Van Halen. When you look at it that way, it doesn't seem as bad, imo.

I am sure it has to do with money, if they included Michael Anthony and Sammy hagar characters then I suppose they would have to pay them for using their likeness. I am sure Gary Cherone is also upset for not being included.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:19 pm

xyz wrote:

Newsted was on more of their successful recordings than Burton. I would say that he is the definitive bassist for the band. So in that respect, I think Newsted got the shaft right along with Anthony.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:21 pm

You could look at it that way but Jason left Metallica, Mustaine or even McGovney wasnt on an album and Cliff Died. and Rob was on Death Magnetic. Michael Anthony was basically fired so the kid could play bass.

XYZ

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 6:46 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

Naw, he's more of a Gene Simmons, but I never thought it was about the money. I think Eddie thought Van Halen was his band, and anyone who begged to differ got the axe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony   Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Van Halen Guitar Hero without......Mike Anthony
Page 1 of 1