Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guitar Hero

Go down 
+12
sam
Skysplitter
MetalRob331
caniplaywithmadness?
UltraMagnus007
DeathCult
Smindas
Jedilink
spiritoradio
TheGooch
kmorg
EvyMetal
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 9:41 pm

Although I play this game, sometimes I hate the makers of it. They ruin some really good songs. Also, all the little 7th graders are gonna be downloading a bunch of songs by some good artists just because they heard their song on Guitar Hero. It just takes all the fun out of listening to music sometimes, cause people just think you're with everybody else. This over-saturation has occured with Megadeth, Pantera, Ted Nugent and others. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 9:44 pm

Uploading/downloading music is show and tell for kids. There's no stopping it, sadly.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 12:27 pm

Just heard today that Metallica have let them use One and Nothing Else Matters fro Guitar Hero 3. They first said no, but a round of negotiating did wonders (bet the almighty dollar helped the most).

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 3:08 am

yeah, the worst part is that these makers of guitar heros butcher the songs with their own versions, some of the vocal tracks are terrible, like the version of holy diver. UGH!
Back to top Go down

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 6:04 pm

I hate downloading. But whitout cash...I don't have any other way to listen to music...
Back to top Go down

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 6:58 pm

guitar hero is pretty awesome i think. downloading music is a different case entirely, but i HATE it when someones like, "god i'm so metal because i listen to a song i heard off guitar hero." WHO CARES? its so stupid that kids are like i've heard of megadeth and i say no you haven't. they retort with, "GUITAR HERO, LOL, A DUH." jesus....
Back to top Go down

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 7:51 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
I hate downloading. I don't have any other way to listen to music...

then you take a shot at me for disliking Sabbath ? try to imagine back before computers / internet and what would you have done ?

Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 10:58 am

i like guitar hero a lot i cant wait to get the new one as my parents practically told me they are getting me it for chrimbo
Back to top Go down

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 2:04 pm

The newest guitar hero uses a lot of the original versions of songs rather than covers.

If anything guitar hero is introducing some kids to some cool stuff that they probably wouldn't hear otherwise. I'd rather have kids listening to Megadeth or Ted Nugent than most of the popular music out there.
Back to top Go down

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 9:00 pm

it looks like fun and it's probably a great way for those of us with undersized and inverted penises to compensate and achieve erection. Neutral
Back to top Go down

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 9:26 am

Locky wrote:
AceFrehley655 wrote:
I hate downloading. I don't have any other way to listen to music...

then you take a shot at me for disliking Sabbath ? try to imagine back before computers / internet and what would you have done ?

he would've done what we did. Read mags, listen to our metalhead friends and get compilation cassettes. 🤘
Back to top Go down

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 4:14 pm

It looks like a pretty durn good game. Even though I don't particularly like video games, this one looks worth checking out.

I heard they were making one based on the music of Aerosmith. *hellyeah sign*
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 10:37 pm

I love the game, in fact I have all four of them. If they licensed all of the music for the game then instead of the game costing $50 it would cost $150. I also think that Guitar Hero can be a good stepping stone for kids to get into the artists that are in the game and maybe they'll check out the rest of those bands catalogs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 12:34 am

Wait, Nothing Else Matter was in Guitar Hero 3!?!?! I have that game and have beaten it on easy and Medium so far but Nothing Else Matters wasn't in the song list. Is it only on Co-op or something? I haven't played co-op at all yet so yeah...

Wait what are the co-op specific songs in that game anyway? I haven't played Co-Op so I don't know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 7:50 pm

I don't think that one was in the PS2 version, it might have been in the Xbox 360 version though, cause they got that xbox live bull.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 9:30 am

spiritoradio wrote:
I love the game, in fact I have all four of them. If they licensed all of the music for the game then instead of the game costing $50 it would cost $150. I also think that Guitar Hero can be a good stepping stone for kids to get into the artists that are in the game and maybe they'll check out the rest of those bands catalogs.

i must admit my sister aquired a lot of the songs from the game after we got it
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 8:07 pm

I love the Guitar Hero games. If I get a Wii any time soon, GH3 is one of the first games on my list. I think it's good at introducing my generation to some rocking classics - I'm always pleasantly surprised to discover a handful of my friends already being familiar with a lot of the musical content.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 2:54 am

I just played rock band for a long time a little while ago. Now that game is fun!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 12:22 pm

how does it work
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 6:46 pm

It's a pretty fun game, theres quite a few songs on the different games I could do without (One is definately one of them haha). The only real pain in the ass to it was it messed me up a little when I went back to playing my guitar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 12:52 am

its all on xbox live and some one plays guitar, someone sings, bass, and drums, you literally form a rock band with people all over the world, and compete with other bands.
Back to top Go down
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 4:22 pm

Yeah In Rock Band you can sing, play guitar, bass, and drums. It's pretty sweetness! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 3:40 pm

yeah but costs a fortune forget that i will take guitar hero and buy cds with the change
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 4:39 pm

Hi there folks,

Just been reading thi sthread and thought I would add my thoughts.

I've been playing guitar hero for a while now and think the games are great. Don't understand why people are annoyed that kids would start to get into bands just because they heard them on guitar hero. I think this is great. Anything that gets metal music noticed and out to the masses is a good thing. If your into metal just because no one else is and think you have a cool identity and don't want this diluted then your completely missing the point.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 4:07 pm

i concentrate on playing real guitars Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero   Guitar Hero Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guitar Hero
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next