Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bonded by Blood new CD

Go down 
+15
T-Roy
James B.
EmoElmo
Wargod
adrian
Andy
mc666
GrandNational
Gilbert
rawr!
Spiner202
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
speed101
ultmetal
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Bonded by Blood new CD Empty
PostSubject: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:32 pm

The third album from LA Thrashers Bonded By Blood is titled The Aftermath and will be released on July 3rd 2012.

Produced by ex-Machine Head guitarist Logan Mader who has also produced Fear Factory, Devildriver, Gojira, Soulfly etc. Quality thrash metal in the vein of Exodus, Testament and Megadeth. Contains a bonus cover version of Rage Against the Machine's Killing in the Name.

Bonded by Blood new CD 61QjFVBQiTL._SL500_AA300_

Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:41 pm

Ill get it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:47 pm

I will to, most likely. I like the new wave of thrash bands and the last Bonded by Blood was pretty good.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:09 pm

Quote :
Logan Mader who has also produced Fear Factory, Devildriver, Gojira, Soulfly etc.

Interesting choice for producer, looking at his resume. Not really bands you'd associate with "thrash" right off the bat.

Reminds me that I need to pull out their last album and give it a fresh spin.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:25 pm

After really enjoying the first one I hardly listened to the second. Not sure why, it just didn't stick with me.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 6:44 pm

I'm concerned because the two best members of the band left after the last album, but I'm definitely still willing to give this a shot. Hopefully I get a promo so I don't have to spend money on it until I know it's good.
Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:22 pm

they kept losing members, but im still a fan and am looking forward to it. happen to be wearing my bbb shirt right now, in fact.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:36 am

Good news headbanger

Love these guys
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:27 am

ultmetal wrote:
Contains a bonus cover version of Rage Against the Machine's Killing in the Name.

What an odd choice.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:30 am

not as odd as Children of Bodom covering Britney Spears.

Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:02 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Logan Mader who has also produced Fear Factory, Devildriver, Gojira, Soulfly etc.

Interesting choice for producer, looking at his resume. Not really bands you'd associate with "thrash" right off the bat.

Reminds me that I need to pull out their last album and give it a fresh spin.

I agree. I'm afraid it's going to sound way too crunchy and overproduced like the records of all those groove bands he's credited with. Thrash metal sounds awful when it's too crisp and clean. It ends up sounding like metalcore smurf poo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:58 am

I'll be really interested to hear that cover. As far as Bonded By Blood goes: I need all their stuff
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:12 pm

I have my copy coming anyday now!

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:14 pm

Is it just me or...The singer is kinda monotonous he spews out the same intonation over and over again? Don't get me wrong here, they are a great band but the singer is a bit of a let-down everytime i listen to them
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 9:19 am

thumps up with high hopes

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:13 am

I'll have to revisit their other 2 discs. I enjoyed the first one ok enough, but the follow-up was kinda unmemorable for me and I lost interest. I'll have to break them both out and see if anything tweaks my nipples.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 1:09 pm

The first one was a fun album with some nice stuff but the second one was a letdown. I've spun it again recently and it loses me.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 1:17 pm

mc666 wrote:
No kidding. What the heck was up with that whole project? August Burns Red had to cover a Spears song as well. Must of been contractually obligated some how?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:47 pm

T-Roy wrote:
mc666 wrote:
No kidding. What the heck was up with that whole project? August Burns Red had to cover a Spears song as well. Must of been contractually obligated some how?

It was done for fun. Instead of cover just other metal/hard rock bands, cover things as far removed from metal as you can. CoB is a rather unconventional band and their covers album further proved that.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:02 pm

Quote :
cover things as far removed from music as you can.

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Quote :
cover things as far removed from music as you can.

Fixed.

Bonded by Blood new CD 19976
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 12:35 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 12:46 pm

heard the last bbb and it didn't really impress. they need better songs that aren't so forgettable.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 3:01 pm

Received the new BBB CD. I'm digging it. Anyone else get it? What do you think?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 9:22 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Received the new BBB CD. I'm digging it. Anyone else get it? What do you think?

It's on my list Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood new CD   Bonded by Blood new CD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bonded by Blood new CD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next