Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bonded by Blood (the band)

Go down 
+6
Lurideath
nevermore
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
Thrasher73
Wargod
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Bonded by Blood (the band) Empty
PostSubject: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 6:18 pm

Anyone heard these guys? I heard the song Immortal Life by them on Hard Attack and it sounded like my kind of thing.

Looks like they just have a self released EP out but are going to have something out on Earache next year.

The TMNT theme song they do is a riot, don't like the other songs quite as much as Immortal Life but it is still good stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/bondedbyblood
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 7:28 pm

Yeah I do kick butt stuff, their EP is called "Exstinguish The Weak" great thrash!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 8:10 pm

yep,heard them.They are a great up and coming thrash band
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 8:45 pm

They sound great! 🤘 🤘 TMNT cover sound great too LOL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 6:39 pm

firestar wrote:
they just have a self released EP out but are going to have something out on Earache next year.

I'm sick of this whole Earache thing at the moment, it's just a fad with them, Thrash is the "new" thing again and Earache are whoring around it. They've been in contact with a couple of bands and they are looking to sign 3 more Thrash bands, they want 10 bands, what kind of label carries on this way ?

Quote :
New-school L.A. thrashers BONDED BY BLOOD are set to record their debut Earache release "Feed the Beast" with producer Michael Rosen. Rosen, who has worked with the likes of TESTAMENT, VIO-LENCE, SADUS, JOE SATRIANI and DEATH ANGEL, will begin working with the band in the New Year.

Commented BONDED BY BLOOD vocalist Aladdin: "It feels freaking awesome. He has produced and engineered some of my favorite bands — TESTAMENT, VIO-LENCE and SADUS — and now BONDED BY BLOOD. It's like a dream come true. 'Feed the Beast' is sure to be one kick-ass album".

BONDED BY BLOOD will commence recording "Feed the Beast" on January 11, 2008 at J Street Recorders (TESLA) in Sacramento, California. The album's track listing is as follows:

01. Immortal Life
02. Feed The Beast
03. The Evil Within
04. Another Disease
05. Unusual Punishment
06. Vengeance
07. To A Sickening Degree
08. Strike Of Fear
09. Sounds Of Torture
10. Necropsy
11. Self-Immolation
12. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Theme Song (bonus track)

check them out at www.myspace.com/bondedbyblood

What is it with "new" bands going to producers from nearly 20 years ago or so ? is it just 'cause they want to feel big by saying "we worked with ...." ? I just don't get it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 10:12 pm

Anyone have this and what do you think? I agree with the Death Angel comparison quite a bit and the vocalist styles after early Mustaine though with more rasp, at least in the phrasing. I'm not overly fond of Earache but on this one they did right.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:32 am

emptytomb1 wrote:
Anyone have this and what do you think? I agree with the Death Angel comparison quite a bit and the vocalist styles after early Mustaine though with more rasp, at least in the phrasing. I'm not overly fond of Earache but on this one they did right.

I've got it and right now its between this and Hatchet as to who has thrash album of the year for me.I think they've got a fresh sound and the vocals are kinda unique.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 12:43 pm

got it. 🤘 🤘 one of the best of the recent thrash movement
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 1:04 pm

The only complaint really is the drums are a little sloppy. I figure though, they're kids and that should improve.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:11 pm

My top thrash cd of the year with Warbringer #2 and Testament #3.

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 2:34 am

Wargod48 wrote:

Wargod48

go out and buy gama bomb's citizen brain and I'm sure they will knock off testaments
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 4:24 am

Metalhead10 wrote:
Wargod48 wrote:

Wargod48

go out and buy gama bomb's citizen brain and I'm sure they will knock off testaments

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 3:55 pm

I need to check out this band sometime.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 6:40 pm

Thanks for the heads up on Gama Bomb.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 7:15 pm

I may check them out!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 3:47 am

meh
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:19 am

Haven't heard anything by these guys except for the track on the Thrashing Like A Maniac comp. I do want to hear more by them.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:19 pm

They are a good band. Nothing over the top, but they do what they do well.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:53 pm

I don't usually do blind buys anymore with my budget restraints but I took a gamble on Feed The Beast. I still got it when it comes to blind buys because I love this album. The vocals could be a little more melodic but that is a minor complaint. The vocals are still tolerable but the star of the album is the riffs and guitar solos. Too many thrash bands have guitar solos that scream (Slayer, Sacrament, etc.) but these solos sing. It's too late for them to be added to my 2008 list but if as far as thrash albums it is right behind Testament's for me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 5:24 pm

nevermore wrote:
Haven't heard anything by these guys except for the track on the Thrashing Like A Maniac comp. I do want to hear more by them.

Same here. They're on my want-list, just haven't got around to picking them up yet.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 7:14 pm

saw them in concert and it was like deja-vu
Back to top Go down
80smetalrocks
Metal student
Metal student
80smetalrocks

Number of posts : 101

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:57 pm

Ive yet to hear them.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:33 am

80smetalrocks wrote:
Ive yet to hear them.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=25544110
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:31 pm

Bonded by Blood (the band) Mariobump

For the new album coming August 10th. Can't hardly wait.

http://www.myspace.com/bondedbyblood

PS can a mod move this out of the RIP section?

PostSubject: Re: Bonded by Blood (the band)   Bonded by Blood (the band) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bonded by Blood (the band)
Page 1 of 1