Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.

Go down 
+8
Stender
metalken
SideShowDisaSter
stevegarveyfan
kmorg
Rex
Troublezone
ultmetal
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:23 am

On a side note, what is this Flyjams store? Is it a Retroactive/Bombworks endeavor as the only artists they seem to stock are from that/those label(s)?

Btw, I have already put in a pre-order from another online store.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:54 am

I got The Dust Of Years a couple days ago....

WOW! 🤘

I love this!!! Like old Paradise Lost with dashes of neck-breaking thrash...outstanding!! Ian's growl is in full effect!!!

I like it better than the last My Silent Wake album too, and that's saying a lot!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:55 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

WOW! 🤘

I love this!!! Like old Paradise Lost with dashes of neck-breaking thrash...outstanding!! Ian's growl is in full effect!!!

I like it better than the last My Silent Wake album too, and that's saying a lot!!!

So I suppose I won't be seeing that on your tradelist anytime soon. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:58 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

WOW! 🤘

So I suppose I won't be seeing that on your tradelist anytime soon. Razz

Nope. Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. - Page 2 19976
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:26 pm

Artwork is killer!

The Torment was/is a classic thrash album that unlike many albums of that day, is very unique and original. Lament for The Weary....I never cared for.

But I'm sure as heck excited they have another one. Gonna have to grab this one!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:11 pm

Love the music. Don't like the new "industry standard", "green", "eco-friendly" packaging.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 7:46 am

Yeah, the digipak packaging is the worst, ESPECIALLY that rubber knob that holds the cd in place.

I like this album, and as Shawn said, I think its a lot better than the last My Silent Wake album (which I wasn't that impressed with). My two biggest complaints about this album are the death metal vocals and the fact that this doesn't resemble Seventh Angel at all. I really wish Ian had done something different with the vocals to set this more apart from MSW because as it stands, I think its a bit to similar sounding. But whoever is doing the clean vocals on this really does a great job and adds a great dynamic to the music. I just wish there were more of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 8:52 am

It sounds closer to Lament For The Weary than The Torment, that's for sure...

I like the Death Metal vocals...fits the vibe...like I said, it reminds me of old Paradise Lost in that they're death vocals, but he enunciates...I like that. I LOVE the Doomy vibe on this one too...very similar to "The Peacveville Three"...
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:18 am

It doesn't sound anything like either record to me whatsoever and I lived and breathed "Lament" when I was younger. Not that that's a bad thing because I knew it wouldn't going into it, but there will be a lot of folks that will expect to hear something similar and familiar to the other two albums since the name Seventh Angel was resurrected and IMO they just won't find it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:01 am

Rex wrote:
It doesn't sound anything like either record to me whatsoever and I lived and breathed "Lament" when I was younger. Not that that's a bad thing because I knew it wouldn't going into it, but there will be a lot of folks that will expect to hear something similar and familiar to the other two albums since the name Seventh Angel was resurrected and IMO they just won't find it.

Probably not...but, if we remember, there were some pretty stark differences between The Torment and Lament For The Weary as well....and they were only a couple years apart...there's a 15 year gap now...
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:20 am

I didn't think there was that big of a difference between Torment and Lament. But I get what you're saying.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:03 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Rex wrote:

Probably not...but, if we remember, there were some pretty stark differences between The Torment and Lament For The Weary as well....and they were only a couple years apart...there's a 15 year gap now...
Yeah, the differences between those two to me were night and day. However hearing you and Rex talk about how different it is than either of the first two....is positive for me as I didn't care for Lament and was leery to try it thinking it would be more of the same. "Death vocals"?? That's sounding like my cup of tea. Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. - Page 2 506406
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:17 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Rex wrote:

Yeah, the differences between those two to me were night and day. However hearing you and Rex talk about how different it is than either of the first two....is positive for me as I didn't care for Lament and was leery to try it thinking it would be more of the same. "Death vocals"?? That's sounding like my cup of tea. Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. - Page 2 506406

If you like really early Paradise Lost or mid-era My Dying Bride, I think you'll like it...it's very English sounding...
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:23 pm

Hmmm...not familiar with either of those bands. I'll go listen to some clips on iTunes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:15 pm

Listen to the old stuff...1991-1994
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2