Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus

Go down 
+6
nevermore
Thrasher73
sam
Rex
Lurideath
ultmetal
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Empty
PostSubject: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:36 pm

Bombworks Records is proud to announce the signing of Deus Invictus. Hailing from the greater Atlanta area in Georgia, this 4-piece band plays a unique brand of progressive melodic thrash with death elements that is extremely technical and is willing to experiment. The band has been in existence since 2005 and has been through a few member changes before settling on their current lineup. Though all 4 members are seasoned musicians, the drummer, Jeff Carter, will be remembered by many as the drummer on The Chariot's first album and tour before leaving the band and helping to found Deus Invictus. The music is at times ridiculously brutal while retaining a melodic underbelly, and the stellar musicianship, technical prowess, progressive tendencies (complete with lots of tempo / time signature changes, dynamic contrasts, and various "acts" in each composition) lead to a sound that borrows from many while also treading new ground. They are going into the studio to record their first full length (a concept album of over 1 hour of music) in January with Charles Clifton at Red Room 104 Studios (www.myspace.com/redroom104music) with a release date set for mid-2009. With influences including bands like Carcass, Believer, Opeth, Death, Hypocrisy, Tourniquet, and Necrophagist, Deus Invictus is ready to storm onto the scene with a progressive thrash masterpiece. You can check out Deus Invictus and a demo track at www.myspace.com/deusinvictus .

David, Bombworks Records
http://www.bombworksrecords.com

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:44 pm

Pretty good, but they need more songs.

How many bands is Bombworks going to sign? Looks like its going to become another JL America and sign buttloads of bands and then close down because of so many bands and depletion of funds. Thats 3 bands they signed this week alone.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:47 pm

BW hardly put out anything last year though. I just wish they'd branch away from the extreme metal a little.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:51 pm

Rex wrote:
BW hardly put out anything last year though. I just wish they'd branch away from the extreme metal a little.

Ditto. I don't like metalcore much and a lot of the new bands they have been signing are either metalcore or some hybrid of death metal and metalcore.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:54 pm

Not surprising. "Core" music is the biggest selling for "the christian market" so they will probably sign a lot more of it.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 4:49 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Not surprising. "Core" music is the biggest selling for "the christian market" so they will probably sign a lot more of it.

I was thinking the same thing, sad isn't it?

anyway they just sound like another one of those ultra br00TAL deathcore bands that all the scene kids worship nowadays. sick
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 6:38 pm

Checked it out. It's not thrash. Might have some thrash influences, but in and of itself, the song posted is not thrash metal. Don't care for the vocals. I'm tired of cookie-cutter death vocals. There is little personality or charisma to them.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:29 am

Yeah I dont understand everything getting a Thrash tag.Is labeling something Thrash that much of a selling point.This sounds like Death Metal to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:35 am

As odd as it sounds, I think "Thrash" is a buzz word in the metal industry right now.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:17 am

spectrefate wrote:
As odd as it sounds, I think "Thrash" is a buzz word in the metal industry right now.

I think you are right
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:37 am

thrasher73 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

I think you are right

the man is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:06 pm

There are thrash parts if you listen to that song. Most of it is death metal though.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 6:14 pm

Bombworks has signed another band called Penny For The Old Guy or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 7:42 pm

nevermore wrote:
Bombworks has signed another band called Penny For The Old Guy or something along those lines.

Yup. That's it.

http://www.myspace.com/pftog

Music is good. Don't care for the vocals. More drab death growls. These guys would rule with a good vocalist.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 8:24 pm

I listened to Deus invictus and not really my deal.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 11:43 pm

Rex wrote:

I'm with you, especially since Mardel carries tons of BW releases. It would be nice to find something not extreme in faith based metal. There is Retroactive but Mardel has become real lazy with stocking their releases (you can't even special order many of them).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 8:08 am

Bombworks and Retroactive are distributed by the same company, so neither should be any harder to get than the other. Keep requesting Retroactive stuff. The more people request it, the more likely the stores will be to carry it.

ult

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 8:26 am

ultmetal wrote:
Bombworks and Retroactive are distributed by the same company, so neither should be any harder to get than the other. Keep requesting Retroactive stuff. The more people request it, the more likely the stores will be to carry it.

ult

Saddly, I'm probably the only Christian metal (not including the hardcore/metalcore people) fan in this area that would request it. There are a decent number of metal fans around here but none seem to be on our side.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 9:35 am

DallasBlack wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

ult

Saddly, I'm probably the only Christian metal (not including the hardcore/metalcore people) fan in this area that would request it. There are a decent number of metal fans around here but none seem to be on our side.

Well, wear disguises and go in on different days requesting Retroactive CDs.

pirat

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 9:52 am

ultmetal wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

ult

Well, wear disguises and go in on different days requesting Retroactive CDs.

pirat

Just like Inspector Clouseau:

Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Quasi1Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Seadog
Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Godf2
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 9:53 am

BRILLIANT! Cool

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:06 am

Of the 10 albums coming out next year for BW, I'm looking forward to the Disaffection album the most.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 11:03 pm

nevermore wrote:

I am sick of these new bands with sentences for names. It immediately turns me off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus   Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bombworks Records signs Deus Invictus
Page 1 of 1