Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.

Go down 
+8
Stender
metalken
SideShowDisaSter
stevegarveyfan
kmorg
Rex
Troublezone
ultmetal
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Empty
PostSubject: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 8:32 am

I received an CDR advance copy of "The Dust of Years". I like what I hear so far. Some of my first thoughts were that the music seems to be a continuation of "Lament for the Weary", mixing speedy thrash and slow doom together. Heavy riffs, crunchy guitars and dynamic songwriting. This time around the vocals are much more aggressive. At times the vocals are almost death metal growled, much like on Ian's My Silent Wake material. There is a mixture of shouted thrash vocals and some clean vocals as well.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:20 am

Great, i was wondering when there would be some news about the album. I will definately get it.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:56 am

So it sounds like My Silent Wake for the most part?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:06 am

Has more "thrashy" parts than My Silent Wake. Basically sounds like a combination of "Lament for the Weary" and My Silent Wake. However, this isn't thrash metal. It's heavy metal for sure. Doom in some parts, speedy in others, some acoustic passages, but I don't think anyone will label this as thrash metal.

Last edited by ultmetal on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:07 am

COVER ART:
Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. 215_04_21_2009_9_44_06_seventhangel_dust

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:13 am

surprised me no like
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:15 am

Rex wrote:
surprised me no like

Neither do I. The description of the music isn't appealing to me either. For the first time ever, I may skip over an Ian Arkley release.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:16 am

I was expecting something a bit different as well. The music is quite good though. 🤘

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:17 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Rex wrote:
surprised me no like

Neither do I. The description of the music isn't appealing to me either. For the first time ever, I may skip over an Ian Arkley release.

Why? What about the description turned you off to it? Do you like My Silent Wake?

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:20 am

I love MSW along with everything the man has been a part of. My thought is why dig up Seventh Angel if it's just going to sound like MSW?

I want to hear it myself before I make a final decision, but you know what you're talking about ult, so I assume it's going to be disappointing.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:29 am

Well, like I said, there are more thrashy parts than you will hear in My Silent Wake. I also hear some parts that echo the sound on "Lament for the Weary". Honestly, this album very well could have been released as the follow up to "Lament for the Weary" and I don't think people would have blinked an eye at it.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:38 am

I'm looking forward to hearing it, I loved Lament for the Weary. But like Spec was getting at, I'm hoping this sounds different from MSW.....otherwise I don't see the point. Buuuuuut I also trust Scott when he says what he did about it.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:58 am

The 2 tracks on their MySpace site really let me down. Like Brian I question them for bringing back a thrash band to play doom?!

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:34 pm

I too am disappointed. I wanted thrash but i'll give this a chance.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:32 pm

I will buy this album no matter what it sounds like, and I am certainly encouraged to hear that Scott likes it, as I feel that Scott has a lot of musical integrity in his music tastes (except for that wart on his nose that goes by the name of Aerosmith, and I'm ignoring that).
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:40 pm

I'm kinda like Spec, I'm a bit leary... I'll need to hear it.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:47 pm

If you guys like the moodier, slower material on Lament for the Weary or if you dig My Silent Wake, you should dig this as well.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:12 pm

Scott sounds like a salesman for this record. Razz
I'm going to buy this no matter what because i want to support the band and it's been so long since they've done anything. I'm sure there will be differences in the sound versus MSW. I think the cover art looks cheap though... What is the cover suppose to mean and what's with the awkward drop of fake blood??
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:57 pm

Thanks for the short preview. I am interested in getting to hear this disc. I was not really expecting a thrash record from the band at all. It's been what, 17 years or so since the last record, and I can see that Ian went for a different approach to metal with all his follow up releases.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:53 am

Troublezone wrote:
Scott sounds like a salesman for this record. Razz
I'm going to buy this no matter what because i want to support the band and it's been so long since they've done anything. I'm sure there will be differences in the sound versus MSW. I think the cover art looks cheap though... What is the cover suppose to mean and what's with the awkward drop of fake blood??

Yeah I was just going to say that cover looks real s*****. Man, I dont know if I will get this, seventh angels old stuff is some of my favorate christian themed thrash...like top 5 status.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:24 am

Can't wait for this sucker to be in my CD player!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:39 pm

Looking VERY forward to this album!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:12 am

Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Seventhangel728x400
http://flyjams.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&cPath=11&products_id=6

Metal novice
Metal novice
_Wes

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:04 am

I'm looking forward to this release. I don't know have much (or any) of the older 7th Angel stuff - but I'm a big doom buff - and love thrash as well. . . so looking forward to it.

Almost sounds a bit progressive. . .which would be great. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://fretlessbassist.com
_Wes
Metal novice
Metal novice
_Wes

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:04 am

Oh wow. . . that was my first post?

Geez . . . I need to get on here more!
Back to top Go down
http://fretlessbassist.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.   Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seventh Angel to release The Dust Of Years on Bombworks Records.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next