Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LIFE, SEX & DEATH

Go down 
+9
A Handful of Wayne
sam
tohostudios
TrogDawn
manny
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
7thSaviour
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
For some reason, the idea of a band fronted by a guy who looks like Elvis Costello on crack didnt' appeal to me much.
lol! Somehow, some way, I totally bought into it. That description is spot-on, BTW! LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 647664
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:43 pm

I saw them live in the early 90's in a theatre that is now closed, very entertaining live but the sole CD I ever heard was nowhere near as good as their live performance.

After the performance I met the vocalist and his very HOT girlfriend, and I could not believe this guy had such a hot girlfriend, because the dude smelled like urine, cheap beer, and stale cigarettes.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:47 pm

manny wrote:
I saw them live in the early 90's in a theatre that is now closed, very entertaining live but the sole CD I ever heard was nowhere near as good as their live performance.

After the performance I met the vocalist and his very HOT girlfriend, and I could not believe this guy had such a hot girlfriend, because the dude smelled like urine, cheap beer, and stale cigarettes.
Thanks for adding this, dude. What theatre was it? Was this in Chicago? He really sold the chracter, didn't he? He had the GF because he really had $! LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 56834 I'd have given some serious dough to have seen them play live in person!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:51 pm

Quote :
I'm not even sure I want to know why you think that'd be my favorite.

You mean you don't mumble jiberish like that when you drink?
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:56 pm

Great band! LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:56 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
manny wrote:

Thanks for adding this, dude. What theatre was it? Was this in Chicago? He really sold the chracter, didn't he? He had the GF because he really had $! LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 56834 I'd have given some serious dough to have seen them play live in person!

I saw them in Ybor City in Florida, in a theatre called The Ritz (which later became Masquerades), I had never heard of them til I went to see them that night, but this girl I was sort of seeing talked me into going. It was really good show and they had put alot money into the show, (lots of lights etc). They must have been on their way to becoming a more popular band, the place was packed. After that I never heard of them again, no radioplay, press, nothing. I need to relisten to that album, who's title I can't remember, like I said a good album but nowhere near as good as seeing them live.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:59 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
I'm not even sure I want to know why you think that'd be my favorite.

You mean you don't mumble jiberish like that when you drink?

Nope, I remain quite eloquent when I drink right up until I barf, then I just go to sleep.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:04 pm

Michael Jackson has nothing on Stanley. Check out the moves. Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=josoQvU9b_g

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:13 pm

Here is Stanley before the homeless gimmick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6UKekmRM1g&feature=related
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 2:10 pm

manny wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
manny wrote:

I saw them in Ybor City in Florida, in a theatre called The Ritz (which later became Masquerades), I had never heard of them til I went to see them that night, but this girl I was sort of seeing talked me into going. It was really good show and they had put alot money into the show, (lots of lights etc). They must have been on their way to becoming a more popular band, the place was packed. After that I never heard of them again, no radioplay, press, nothing. I need to relisten to that album, who's title I can't remember, like I said a good album but nowhere near as good as seeing them live.

The album title is The Silent Majority

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 2:10 pm

The FSA song is a classic! Especially the beginning where Stanley is knocking stuff down and stomping around cursing.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 2:20 pm

Troublezone wrote:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6UKekmRM1g&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6UKekmRM1g&feature=related[/quote[/url]]

That's pretty funny. I wonder if it was a band decision to go with the homeless schtick or Stanley come up with it on his own. From what I gather, he was pretty committed to the whole gimmick, not bathing, stinking, acting all crazy and whatnot. Genuine performance art!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:52 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:42 am

Troublezone wrote:
Michael Jackson has nothing on Stanley. Check out the moves. Laughing

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=josoQvU9b_g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=josoQvU9b_g[/quote[/url]] fainting 🤘 LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 505193 humble No wonder I love this band so much! GREAT footage!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:43 am

tohostudios wrote:
The FSA song is a classic! Especially the beginning where Stanley is knocking stuff down and stomping around cursing.
🤘 Laughing very hard humble
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:43 am

[quote="MetalGuy71"]
Troublezone wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6UKekmRM1g&feature=related[/quote]

That's pretty funny. I wonder if it was a band decision to go with the homeless schtick or Stanley come up with it on his own. From what I gather, he was pretty committed to the whole gimmick, not bathing, stinking, acting all crazy and whatnot. Genuine performance art!
I have to admire and respect that! He really sold it well! He OWNED that character! humble
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:02 am

[quote="7thSaviour"]
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I have to admire and respect that! He really sold it well! He OWNED that character! humble

I wouldn't go that far. Admiring & respecting a guy that doesn't bathe and pisses himself is on a whole different level, but that's just me. I'm not that committed to my art. Smile

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:03 am

[quote="MetalGuy71"]
7thSaviour wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I wouldn't go that far. Admiring & respecting a guy that doesn't bathe and pisses himself is on a whole different level, but that's just me. I'm not that committed to my art. Smile
I'm just sayin'....... LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 647664
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:05 am

[quote="7thSaviour"]
MetalGuy71 wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I'm just sayin'....... LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 647664

I hear ya!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:10 am

Anybody else here have anything to add to this discussion pertaining to LSD(the band)?
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 11:48 am

Somebody show me where the band admits it was all just a gimmick, please. My understanding was that Stanley suffered a psychotic break after his father died...
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:05 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Somebody show me where the band admits it was all just a gimmick, please. My understanding was that Stanley suffered a psychotic break after his father died...

Just doing the standard googling, there is very little info on Stanley, other than his real name is Chris Stann. Most people tend to agree that it was a gimmick of sorts, but there is no information that it is true, nor did I find anything that backs up your claim Trog. I suppose it's possible, but I'm coming up with nothing to suppport either theory. Where did you hear that about him having a breakdown?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:54 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
That may also be part of the equation, for all I know.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:55 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:

Just doing the standard googling, there is very little info on Stanley, other than his real name is Chris Stann. Most people tend to agree that it was a gimmick of sorts, but there is no information that it is true, nor did I find anything that backs up your claim Trog. I suppose it's possible, but I'm coming up with nothing to suppport either theory. Where did you hear that about him having a breakdown?
Interesting indeed. He had to get rich somehow. Was he left a large sum of cash by his presumably wealthy father? Will we ever discover the truth?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: LIFE, SEX & DEATH   LIFE, SEX & DEATH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:44 pm

Ive always wanted to get a hold of this cd but I either cant ever find it or someone wants to sell it for some rediculous price. If anyone finds a copy let me know!

I remember Tank being played on Headbangers ball all the time when they came out. I thought they were so odd but the music was cool. I was just searching stuff up on you tube after TZ put up that video of Stanley before LSD and I found a bunch of other stuff that was interesting. One day i'll get to hear this cd.

LIFE, SEX & DEATH
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next