Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!

Go down 
+14
The_Jayroh
DallasBlack
GrandNational
jstate
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Spiner202
mc666
Nico
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Mglaffas81
manny
ultmetal
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Empty
PostSubject: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:59 am

BNR Metal had been running polls to find the BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM.
In the end, DEATH - LEPROSY won.
Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Leprosy

Here's the results:
Final Round
Death Leprosy def. Morbid Angel Altars Of Madness, 63% to 37%

Semi-Final Round
Death Leprosy def. Entombed Left Hand Path, 70% to 30%
Morbid Angel Altars Of Madness def. Obituary Cause Of Death, 53% to 47%

Quarter-Final Round
Death Leprosy def. Possessed Seven Churches, 77% to 23%
Obituary Cause Of Death def. Cynic Focus, 66% to 34%
Entombed Left Hand Path def. Carcass Necroticsm - Descanting The Insalubrious, 52% to 48%
Morbid Angel Altars Of Madness def. Deicide Deicide, 77% to 23%

Third Round
Death Leprosy def. Pestilence Consuming Impulse, 83% to 17%
Obituary Cause Of Death def. In Flames The Jester Race, 67% to 33%
Entombed Left Hand Path def. Suffociation Effigy Of The Forgotten, 74% to 26%
Morbid Angel Altars Of Madness def. Nocturnus The Key, 82% to 48%
Cynic Focus def. Cannibal Corpse Gallery Of Suicide, 69% to 31%
Possessed Seven Churches def. Dismember Like An Ever-Flowing Stream, 60% to 40%
Deicide Deicide def. Atheist Piece Of Time, 53% to 47%
Carcass Necroticsm - Descanting The Insalubrious def. Bolt Thrower The IVth Crusade, 70% to 30%

Second Round

Bolt Thrower The IVth Crusade def. Autopsy Severed Survival, 58% to 42%
Entombed Left Hand Path def. Cryptopsy None So Vile, 81% to 19%
Death Leprosy def. Immolation Close To A World Below, 90% to 10%
Pestilence Consuming Impulse def. Gorguts Obscura, 75% to 25%
Cannibal Corpse Gallery Of Suicide def. Master Master, 65% to 35%
Deicide Deicide def. Behemoth Thelema.6, 70% to 30%
Obituary Cause Of Death def. Asphyx The Rack, 87% to 13%
Nocturnus The Key def. Kataklysm Sorcery, 61% to 39%
In Flames The Jester Race def. Vader Litany, 52% to 48%
Suffociation Effigy Of The Forgotten def. Vital Remains Dechristianize, 74% to 26%
Cynic Focus def. Demigod Slumber Of Sullen Eyes, 80% to 20%
Morbid Angel Altars Of Madness def. Napalm Death Harmony Corruption, 74% to 26%
Atheist Piece Of Time def. Grave Into The Grave, 63% to 37%
Dismember Like An Ever-Flowing Stream def. Dark Tranquillity The Gallery, 58% to 42%
Possessed Seven Churches def. At The Gates Slaughter Of The Soul, 52% to 48%
Carcass Necroticsm - Descanting The Insalubrious def. Nile In Their Darkened Shrines, 73% to 27%

First Round
Kataklysm Sorcery def. Demilich Nespithe, 71% to 29%
Deicide Deicide def. Massacra Enjoy The Violence, 78% to 22%
Carcass Necroticsm - Descanting The Insalubrious def. Necrophagia Season Of The Dead, 89% to 11%
Entombed Left Hand Path def. Malevolent Creation The Ten Commandments, 76% to 24%
In Flames The Jester Race def. Massacre From Beyond, 53% to 47%
Nile In Their Darkened Shrines def. Cancer Death Shall Rise, 58% to 42%
Morbid Angel Altars Of Madness def. Fleshcrawl Descend Into The Absurd, 95% to 5%
Gorguts Obscura def. Spawn Of Possession Cabinet, 72% to 28%
Napalm Death Harmony Corruption def. Psycroptic The Scepter Of The Ancients, 85% to 15%
Demigod Slumber Of Sullen Eyes def. Neuraxis Truth Beyond ..., 61% to 39%
At The Gates Slaughter Of The Soul def. Benediction Grind Bastard, 75% to 25%
Vader Litany def. Darkthrone Soulside Journey, 62% to 38%
Grave Into The Grave def. Krisiun Conquerors Of Armageddon, 64% to 36%
Cryptopsy None So Vile def. Incantation Onward To Golgotha, 59% to 41%
Atheist Piece Of Time def. The Chasm Death Cult For Eternity: The Triumph, 87% to 13%
Cannibal Corpse Gallery Of Suicide def. Unleashed Where No Life Dwells, 51% to 49%
Bolt Thrower The IVth Crusade def. Lykathea Aflame Elvenefris, 89% to 11%
Immolation Close To A World Below def. Carnage Dark Recollection, 55% to 45%
Autopsy Severed Survival def. Hour Of Penance The Vile Conception, 88% to 12%
Master Master def. Mortification Scrolls Of The Megilloth, 58% to 42%
Pestilence Consuming Impulse def. Kronos Colossal Titan Strife, 93% to 7%
Nocturnus The Key def. God Dethroned Bloody Blasphemy, 63% to 37%
Asphyx The Rack def. Pungent Stench Been Caught Buttering, 57% to 43%
Behemoth Thelema.6 def. Atrocity Todessehnsucht, 66% to 34%
Cynic Focus def. Stargazer The Scream That Tore The Sky, 91% to 9%
Dark Tranquillity The Gallery def. Origin Antithesis, 73% to 27%
Dismember Like An Ever-Flowing Stream def. Decapitated Winds Of Creation, 71% to 29%
Death Leprosy def. Therion Beyond Sanctorum, 90% to 10%
Possessed Seven Churches def. Brutality Screams Of Anguish, 86% to 14%
Vital Remains Dechristianize def. Gorod Leading Visions, 80% to 20%
Obituary Cause Of Death def. Bloodbath Nightmares Made Flesh, 82% to 18%
Suffociation Effigy Of The Forgotten def. Necrophagist Onset Of Putrefaction, 76% to 24%

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:00 am

I am not sure if it is the greatest but it is right up there and kicks major ass.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:02 am

Saw that one coming - all the albums considered to be the most "classic" and/or most "influential" all made it the furthest - no surprise

Last edited by Mglaffas81 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:03 am

Be curious to see how it would work with THRASH metal. I'd bet that Slayer, Metallica or Megadeth would win.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:06 am

I bet "Reign in Blood" or "Master of Puppets" would win ... and that would be ultra-lame.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:07 am

manny wrote:
I am not sure if it is the greatest but it is right up there and kicks major ass.

Agreed.

It has catchy songs and embodies "death metal" VERY well so it deserves a top spot. Other releases in the genre are more listenable and better but perhaps not as "death metal".
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:14 am

ultmetal wrote:
Be curious to see how it would work with THRASH metal. I'd bet that Slayer, Metallica or Megadeth would win.

They didn't do exclusively thrash, but when the poll for the Best Metal Album of All Time ran, Megadeth's Rust In Peace beat out Metallica's Master... by a small margin. Looking at the results, lotsa thrash (most of the usual suspects) was represented.

http://www.bnrmetal.com/v3/tourney/status/2010

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:51 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
I bet "Reign in Blood" or "Master of Puppets" would win ... and that would be ultra-lame.

I could see why Master of Puppets would win, or at least that would be more fair - "Reign in Blood" has got to be THE most overrated thrash album in history. Can't say what the "greatest" would be, as every great album is different, and has it's own style. If a Metallica album had to win, I'd personally go with ...And Justice for All
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:52 am

manny wrote:

I agree. Possessed's Seven Churches is my favorite death metal album, but nevertheless I am happy with Leprosy winning this thing. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:53 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

They didn't do exclusively thrash, but when the poll for the Best Metal Album of All Time ran, Megadeth's Rust In Peace beat out Metallica's Master... by a small margin. Looking at the results, lotsa thrash (most of the usual suspects) was represented.

http://www.bnrmetal.com/v3/tourney/status/2010

Yep, and a lot of it was (to quote TOB) "ultra lame" to me as well - Number of the Beast beat Holy Diver 79% to 21% - that is just stupid.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:57 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
"Reign in Blood" has got to be THE most overrated thrash album in history.

I said that several years ago and people wanted to crucify me for it. I think it's a good album and certainly an influential album. You can't take away the influence the album has had. However, it's barely a full-lenth album clocking in at less than 30 minutes, I believe. I also think that Slayer has better material. Frankly their debut and "South of Heaven" blow it away IMO. But that's just my opinion. I know most metal fans don't agree, but am glad to see at least one does. LOL!

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:10 pm

i voted throughout the bnr poll. in the end i had actually voted for Altars of Madness, but Leprosy is still a dandy. couldn't really go wrong either way.

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Number of the Beast beat Holy Diver 79% to 21% - that is just stupid.
imo, Number of the Beast IS better than Holy Diver. Dio being dead doesn't change that.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:29 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
I could see why Master of Puppets would win, or at least that would be more fair - "Reign in Blood" has got to be THE most overrated thrash album in history.

It's tied with "Master of Puppets" as the most overrated.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:30 pm

mc666 wrote:
imo, Number of the Beast IS better than Holy Diver. Dio being dead doesn't change that.

Agreed ... and they are both overrated.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:42 pm

Leprosy isn't a bad choice, but it certainly wouldn't be mine. I think Altars of Madness is the best Death Metal album, but Spiritual Healing is definitely my favourite. That was a cool poll to see though, thanks for posting it!

My only major disappointment is the lack of Deicide on the list. Their first album might be the best, but the first four should all be on their. Especially Serpents of the Light!
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:53 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
I could see why Master of Puppets would win, or at least that would be more fair - "Reign in Blood" has got to be THE most overrated thrash album in history.

It's tied with "Master of Puppets" as the most overrated.

I have to disagree with you on this one. Master of Puppets may be overrated, but IMO Sepultura's Arise is the most overrated thrash album ever.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:03 pm

Nico wrote:
I have to disagree with you on this one. Master of Puppets may be overrated, but IMO Sepultura's Arise is the most overrated thrash album ever.

That's a really good choice. I'd also go with "Among the Living".
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 4:04 pm

mc666 wrote:
i voted throughout the bnr poll. in the end i had actually voted for Altars of Madness, but Leprosy is still a dandy. couldn't really go wrong either way.

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Number of the Beast beat Holy Diver 79% to 21% - that is just stupid.

Dio being dead has had no influence on my opinion of his music what-so-ever. I've loved Dio ever since I was 14 years old, and it hasn't changed - Also, I really don't think The Number of the Beast is that great - it's a good enough album, but Maiden have released way better material, in my opinon
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 4:07 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
lso, I really don't think The Number of the Beast is that great - it's a good enough album, but Maiden have released way better material, in my opinon

Yeah, like KILLERS and IRON MAIDEN and PIECE OF MIND! headbanger

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 4:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
lso, I really don't think The Number of the Beast is that great - it's a good enough album, but Maiden have released way better material, in my opinon

You said it! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 4:10 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

You said it! headbanger

And "Seventh Son".
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 4:22 pm

I wouldve picked Obituary but Leprosy is no slouch.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:10 pm

I'm surprised Death's Human album wasn't on the ballot. "Too progressive" I guess...

I even like Spiritual Healing better than Leprosy.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:26 pm

I'm with you on liking Spiritual Healing better. That one would far and away get my vote. But I have no problems with Leprosy getting the honor.

Reign In Blood never blew me away like South Of Heaven did.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:47 pm

Ehh, I don't like Spiritual Healing. That's my least favorite Death album and the only one that I never bought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!   Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death - Leprosy BEST DEATH METAL ALBUM!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next