Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?

Go down 
+15
jstate
journeyman
caniplaywithmadness?
mez
thejokeriv
DallasBlack
Thrasher73
Invader
TheGooch
iamrockerfun
nevermore
mc666
Rex
Fat Freddy
INVADERS
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Different World
Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Vote_lcap10%Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
These Colors Don't Run
Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Vote_lcap6%Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Brighter than a Thousand Suns
Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Vote_lcap19%Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
The Pilgrim
Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Vote_lcap0%Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Longest Day
Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Vote_lcap13%Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
Out of the Shadows
Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Vote_lcap0%Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Vote_lcap13%Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
For the Great Good of God
Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Vote_lcap26%Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Lord of Light
Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Vote_lcap10%Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
The Legacy
Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Vote_lcap3%Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 31

AuthorMessage
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Empty
PostSubject: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 10:45 am

Just wanted to know what you guys thought ...

i voted for "For the Greater Good of God" ...
It has everything i love about a maiden song
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 10:46 am

"For the Greater Good of God" gets my vote too.

I saw them perform the album in its entirety last Fall and I gotta say the songs had way more punch live, especially "Greater Good."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 10:56 am

Man, I haven't even had a desire to play this one since the week I bought it. I think the muddy production killed this one for me. I'll have to dig it out again and give it a shot soon.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 11:02 am

i love the opening track. they couldn't have picked a better one to start with.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 12:19 pm

For The Greater Good Of God
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 2:20 pm

don't vote. cos don't listen. don't like it.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 2:56 pm

i went for brighter than a thousand suns. i must say i got this on the day of release and i do not think it is as bad as made out
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 3:00 pm

For The Greater Good of God.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 4:04 pm

Only one's I've heard (thus far) are "Different World" and "The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg". "Different World" gets my vote. Awesome song. Cool Love the music video to it (the mostly animated one, as opposed to the plain one that just shows the band playing).
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 5:38 pm

I went with For the Greater Good of God.Its been ahwile since I've listened to this,need to pull it out again
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 7:02 pm

I picked Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg. It is perhaps one of the most unusual Maiden songs I've heard (keep in mind I've never heard their b-sides). In reality it is a tie between that and These Colors Don't Run but I could only pick one. All the songs are good though.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 7:13 pm

VERY tough to pick one - I like them all, very tough to chose, but I picked For The Greater Good Of God - all the songs are great, not a weak song on the CD. It was awesome seeing AMOLAD played live
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 8:20 pm

For the Greater Good of God for sure!
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 8:58 pm

brighter than a thousand suns probably. it might be maidens heaviest track

Last edited by on Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 9:16 pm

Brighter than a Thousand Suns, but I dig 'em all.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 9:33 pm

For The Greater Good Of God
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:00 am

Went with These Colors Don't Run. This album has really grown on me over the year. Not an all time classic but one that is much better than I originally thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 1:06 pm

I went with "Lord of Light". I like all the songs on this one though.

This album doesn't rank in even my top 10 Iron Maiden albums ("Dance of Death" does), but it's a very good and solid album.

Coincidentally, I was cranking this album yesterday.

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 10:12 pm

jstate wrote:
Went with These Colors Don't Run. This album has really grown on me over the year. Not an all time classic but one that is much better than I originally thought.

Me too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 10:54 pm

Brighter Than A Thousand Suns is an awesome tune. I love the main riff. Really heavy, dirty sound that reminds me of some of late-era Motorhead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 8:04 am

Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 10:43 pm

To be honest, the album is so freakin long, I haven't been able to listen to the whole thing yet.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 11:42 pm

I really love the whole album, but I went with Longest Day because I like the movie and that's what song stood out the most the first time I spun this disc. Peace.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 1:53 am

I absolutely love the riff on "Brighter Than a Thousand Suns", so I would have to go with that as my fav.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 2:26 am

Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
Different World is equally liked by me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death?   Fav song on Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Fun and Games-
Jump to: