Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Decadence - 3rd Stage of Decay

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Decadence - 3rd Stage of Decay Empty
PostSubject: Decadence - 3rd Stage of Decay   Decadence - 3rd Stage of Decay Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:46 am

Not sure how this reunion gem slid past me for a year and a half. I got a promo from someone here [Pelata?] and it completely floored me!!! I think "Gangs and Victims" is one of the best of the true speed thrash genre. So, I was pleased to see that they had recorded something new. Knowing that alot of the recent reunions have put out albums that did not do much for me [technology is not always pleasing to my ears], I was not expecting a heck of a lot. But this album has the modern production and though they get a bit "2007" on here, it totally works for me [maybe the new cd player, but I doubt it]. Almost as good as their debut. And that is saying a bunch!

Anybody else hear this?

LISTEN TO SAMPLES

Decadence - 3rd Stage of Decay 61m6wDOCDFL._SS500_
Decadence - 3rd Stage of Decay 41n2KkzFXsL._SS400_

Last edited by SAXON1500 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Decadence - 3rd Stage of Decay   Decadence - 3rd Stage of Decay Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:47 am

Darn, I swear you guys are out to ruin me! I def. want to buy that!

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Decadence - 3rd Stage of Decay   Decadence - 3rd Stage of Decay Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 12:06 pm

Not the same Decadence there homeslice.

The Decadence that released Gangs And Victims was from Belgium. These guys (and gal) are from Sweden.

In regards to the Belgian Decadence, I wouldn't say Gangs And Victims is one of the best. I would, however, say it's a very good album and quite underrated.

I'll give a listen to this, though. I'm always interested in thrash bands!

PostSubject: Re: Decadence - 3rd Stage of Decay   Decadence - 3rd Stage of Decay Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 12:59 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Not the same Decadence there homeslice.

The Decadence that released Gangs And Victims was from Belgium. These guys (and gal) are from Sweden.

I'll give a listen to this, though. I'm always interested in thrash bands!

I dug up Gangs. Man, that logo is too similar! Never trust my choppy memory. My apologies for misleading everyone.

Quote :
In regards to the Belgian Decadence, I wouldn't say Gangs And Victims is one of the best. I would, however, say it's a very good album and quite underrated.

That I'll disagree with. Every track on Gangs [listening to it again now] is outstanding. Not much good has come out of Belgium, but what has, has been great!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Decadence - 3rd Stage of Decay   Decadence - 3rd Stage of Decay Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 1:16 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:

That I'll disagree with. Every track on Gangs [listening to it again now] is outstanding. Not much good has come out of Belgium, but what has, has been great!

What, you'll disagree that it is quite underrated? lol!

I really enjoy it, don't get me wrong. I play it fairly often, truth be told.

PostSubject: Re: Decadence - 3rd Stage of Decay   Decadence - 3rd Stage of Decay Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Decadence - 3rd Stage of Decay
Page 1 of 1